Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
With Kim/Jimmy, the student has become the teacher :ohhh:. You would think Howard would have learned not to talk to Kim about Jimmy, we remember what happened last time in his office :francis:. Kim would engage in his fukkery with Jimmy, but usually walk it back a bit. She threw the bottles, but cleaned it up the next morning while Jimmy went to work. She proposed the Mesa Verde scam, but decided to wrap it up at a certain point. Now it seems like she is doing walking backwards, and is firing on all cylinders - pew pew :mjgrin:. I don't think Jimmy wants to see her continue on that path, and that will be a big part of Season 6.

That room service burger with the fries and truffle salt sounded delicious :ehh:

Show continues to excel in camera placement, particularly liked the one under the sheets when Jimmy/Kim were having the convo at the end.

Lalo with home court advantage was a scary sight :wow:. Don't know how he manages to be so sharp with so little sleep.

I'm with Nacho, I just want to rest. Nacho going MacGyer in order to pick the lock :gladbron:. Can't see him making it out of Season 6 alive though :bryan:.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
What a fukkin season, so many character transformations in this episode. S3 will always be my favorite but this was flamesss. That cliffhanger wasn't fair at all.
full

Damn, Slippin' Kimmy finna be in prison during the Gene timeline :picard: "I'ma end this mans whole career" :mjlit:

Bolsa possibly being behind that botched hit would be pretty funny considering his fate.

The wait for next season is gonna be unbearable :sadcam:but hopefully all the great shows will be lined up within the span of a year to make it all worth it.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Saul and Kim's relationship is pretty normal as far as their day to day interactions are concerned. Maybe it's just me.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Finale wasn’t as good as the two episodes before it. Once the damn assassins started spraying and missing him easily, it was obvious he wasn’t gonna get murked. Was it a reach? Yeah but we’ve seen way longer reaches in this universe.

Nacho :ufdup:

Oville

Pro
Daps
This was one of the most exhilarating hours from Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, what an impressive, beautifully shot finale, the scenes in Mexico just hit on every level, maybe even transcending the ones from S4 of Breaking Bad, but no need to compare, it was such a pleasure to watch.

Lalo gets narco Mexican better than just about any actor I have ever seen, far surpassing the high soap drama of Narcos, plus with enough subtle little mannerisms to own the character. A truly, truly impressive performance. Those scenes with Don Eladio, "I thought you were going to shoot your way out" "now, THIS is showmanship" "It's a little light, que no?" That's how those guys talk, it's not as tribute intense as the show makes it, but it's a good way to build tension and insert humor.

Everything he says killed me, when he sees him sitting up late at night, like he just knew he was coming, was great.

I know two women from Chiuas, I am going down there, one way or another! The scenes on his ranch, from the way they were shot, to the writing, to the tribute show at Don Elaidio's home, ranged from hysterical to nerve wracking, the phone call, and the last minutes before 3:00 AM, so well done. I will say, Lalo should have seen Nacho coming, he just doesn't have the heart (or lack thereof) para la vida mafia. He was scared the whole time. And what a great tribute to Chapo Guzman with the tub left open. Perfect. ( I would think the sicarios could have just thrown a ladder up, but pay me no mind)

"and what if he doesn't like me?"

"...ahhhh....you'll be fine!!"

I guess the take away regarding Kim, is that she is kind of a maniac. Vindictive, spiteful, cruel, even, and must have her own demons, because her relationship with Jimmy, lets face it, is pretty, devoid of traditional pleasure, shall we say? They don't go out, they don't take trips, he doesn't seem like the most romantic guy, and yes I know relationships are built on different things, but the answer the show seems to give us, is she is just as damaged as he is. Good stuff.

Word, I felt like in this episode Hamlin represented the audience and how we seen kim through the years. We kinda look at her as this innocent woman whose been a victim to her love for Jimmy. I think Hamlin acting as some kind of white knight represented us and how we look at her as a damsel in distress when in fact, she's becoming more and more conscious as to why she's drawn to Jimmy. She's not that different from him.

Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould both talk about representing who someone is to their core and the deterministic road that characters in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul to help the characters come to grips with the realization of who they are.

You saw that with Walter White in Breaking Bad. You saw that with Jimmy through his relationship with Chuck who didn't think Jimmy could change. You see that with Mike and what he did to his friend last season as well as with the gems about accepting the road you've taken

One thing I found glaring was how Kim was ready to go back to sleep after sonning Lalo even while Jimmy seemed to still be worried. The fact that she had that kind of steadiness to her when most people would be kept up all night with anxiety shows that she may be more like saul to her core than we thought.

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vince Gilligan love him some Scarface don't he...

From Walt and Flynn watching Scarface in the first episode, from him describing the show as "Mr. Chips to Scarface", him casting Hector Salamanca and Manny as Don Eladio and now recreating the ending hitman scene with Lalo basically being Tony Montana.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. Very rushed and nobody got killed. No flash forward. Kim is just a terrible piece of shyt out the blue? Howard is a decent guy and she wants to ruin him?? FOH. I kind of hope she gets murked next season .

if YOU decide you don’t approve of Kim’s progression, then no amount of setup will ever make sense.

but all the groundwork is there.

she just looked death in the face, told death to eat a dikk and came out unscathed. so she’s definitely not afraid of scamming someone like Howard, who responded to jimmy's bullshyt by... whining to kim.

then there was the interaction with Howard, but more on that in a sec...

keeping jimmy focused on this type of scam keeps him away from cartel work in a perfect life. it also gets them both to a happy ending if they choose it (jimmy will clearly never choose it... he can’t even tell her he’s done with the cartels).

but the one major point you’re missing is the same point Howard and Jimmy missed:

“you don’t save me. I save me.”

that’s Kim in a nutshell. and in trying to tell Kim what’s best for Kim, they both triggered her. the main point of that flashback with her mom, besides the Nebraska license plate, was to show that even as a child she would stand her ground when pushed. Even if it meant walking miles carrying a tuba in the dark. Howard and Jimmy both pushed, and both got told what to do with it.

she wasn’t nearly as confrontational with jimmy... but she did throw the “s’all good, man” pew pews from last season back in Jimmy’s face. lol, how dare jimmy tell ANYONE, least of all Kim, what’s best for them? even if he is 100% right!

the entire season has been about fighting against your own dual nature, and what happens when you choose bad choice road. Kim is CLEARLY on bad choice road now. but that doesn’t make her a terrible person. or maybe she always has been. that’s the nature of leading two lives, and what happens when it comes crashing down.

*cue knowing nod from Heisenberg*

to say there was no build up to this?

you’re bugging.

Last edited:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Great ep. Final Season gonna be lit. :lawd:

I don’t think Nacho gonna make it at the end. :damn:

Witnessing the End of Kim. Lalo ain’t gonna do it, but the legal system will. :wow:
Next season has to be a time jump at the very beginning. The show not coming back till 2022 or 2023 . Kim and Saul looking older . I hope Mike can still function to be in a couple episodes.