Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the surface she wants huge payday so she can start a public service firm. She explained it in that last scene, she wants to provide the type of legal rep to people who otherwise can’t afford it.

But really she’s addicted to the thrill of scamming now. We’ve been watching her downfall in the background while focusing on the birth of Saul. I think they did a good job setting it up, remember she wanted to do that scam in Mesa verde before pulling the plug. And when jimmy went ahead with it she upped their commitment.

She tried to call her boss’s bluff when he could tell something was off, she used Jimmy’s trick on her client earlier this season to get him to plead out, etc. They’ve been building up her downfall too. Learning the truth about jimmy and te cartel was her breaking point.

Breaking point in what way?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Maybe that's the reason she wants to help losers. Balance out the fukked up shyt. I can't quite put my finger on it.
Okay what does have to do with taking Howard out? Howard paid her tuition. He has done nothing wrong. This is a jumping the shark moment. Kim got corrupted. The writers wrote themselves into a corner and can’t get out because she is a fan favorite now. Same with Lalo and NACHO.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Lalo could very well could be the last remaining Salamanca.

He may be laying low from Don Eladio as well because of his possible suspicion of Bolsa being involved...even in the BB era.

Lalo may be the new cartel boss since Gus wiped everyone else out.
How can you be a cartel boss lying low? How would he generate money? Lalo can’t low for years .

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the surface she wants huge payday so she can start a public service firm. She explained it in that last scene, she wants to provide the type of legal rep to people who otherwise can’t afford it.

But really she’s addicted to the thrill of scamming now. We’ve been watching her downfall in the background while focusing on the birth of Saul. I think they did a good job setting it up, remember she wanted to do that scam in Mesa verde before pulling the plug. And when jimmy went ahead with it she upped their commitment.

She tried to call her boss’s bluff when he could tell something was off, she used Jimmy’s trick on her client earlier this season to get him to plead out, etc. They’ve been building up her downfall too. Learning the truth about jimmy and te cartel was her breaking point.

You explain this 100%, from season 4 you can see subtle actions of "saul" in Kim, she somewhat enables and rationalizes, subtlely encourages Jimmy...

Depending on how they play arch in season 6 will determine if this is better than BB for me...

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay what does have to do with taking Howard out? Howard paid her tuition. He has done nothing wrong. This is a jumping the shark moment. Kim got corrupted. The writers wrote themselves into a corner and can’t get out because she is a fan favorite now. Same with Lalo and NACHO.

I don't feel like it's a jumping the shark moment. There's plenty of grey when talking about Kim. I feel like so many people want characters to be black or white. Complexity turns them off. I'm still riding this out. I trust the writers. Seems like you're not enjoying the show anymore though..

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breaking point in what way?
Like, her whole demeanor changed when jimmy says Lalo won’t be a problem. So she’s getting away with stuff all season, on top of watching jimmy get away with these wild schemes (including dealing with the cartel and living to talk about it) and it felt like something clicked in that scene where she feels like she can run game just as well as jimmy.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah. Very rushed and nobody got killed. No flash forward. Kim is just a terrible piece of shyt out the blue? Howard is a decent guy and she wants to ruin him?? FOH. I kind of hope she gets murked next season .

You really haven't been paying attention to Kim's evolution. The more Jimmy was becoming like Saul, so has she. She had resentment for Howard for pretty much the same exact reason Jimmy did. It's not all out of character. Almost every time Jimmy takes an inch, Kim takes it for a mile.This entire season was mostly about Kim really struggle between her two inner-selves. By the throwing bottle scene, she already done made her mind up as to what kind of person she's going to be. And even in that scene, you saw Jimmy just toying the his bottle initially, and Kim on some fucck-it just toss them muthafucckaz onto the parking lot. So this was EVENTUALLY bound to happen and not at all out the blue.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really haven't been paying attention to Kim's evolution. The more Jimmy was becoming like Saul, so has she. She had resentment for Howard for pretty much the same exact reason Jimmy did. It's not all out of character. Almost every time Jimmy takes an inch, Kim takes it for a mile.This entire season was mostly about Kim really struggle between her two inner-selves. By the throwing bottle scene, she already done made her mind up as to what kind of person she's going to be. And even in that scene, you saw Jimmy just toying the his bottle initially, and Kim on some fucck-it just toss them muthafucckaz onto the parking lot. So this was EVENTUALLY bound to happen and not at all out the blue.

also, how can you have watched 9 seasons of Vince gilligsn shows and say this guys good, this guys bad. This isn’t black and white, Howard Hamlin is a fukking corporate lawyer, regardless of what he does in his personal life do gooders like Kim hate corporate lawyers and think they are scum.the Mesa verde storyline was the set up for this, if you weren’t paying attention to that then it’s on you