Official Better Call Saul Season 5 Thread

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think one of the motivations for Kim is she knows Saul can’t stay away from fukery so she’s floating these ideas so he can do crazy shyt without risking his life with the cartel.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Lalo and Kim ran with S5 and they are not showing any signs of fatigue.
:salute:
1587435717293.gif

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
Gus, Mike and Bolsa will be just fine in the future and their end will come from other deeds, this takes away from Lalos revenge path. The only thing not known is Kim and Nachos future.

I'm really curious where are the writers going with this and how are they going to tie it in the BB/post BB era.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
How they make nachos phone get service?

Fring spoke on it when Mike mentioned the Slamanca place being in the middle of nowhere. Landline or sat-phone connections only.
Howard wit some ether on the way out :picard:

Twisted that knife deep.

Everytime Jimmy thinks he's going to get chastised by Kim for something he did, :dwillhuh:she co-signs with him:whew:...and takes the fukkery even further. :ooh:

That's damn near ultimate wife material.

The hell it is :gucci: Those kinda dames will get you killed faster than anything. The man's hanging by a thread mentally and you want to push the envelope to try to ignore cartel ties? What world is she living in?

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
You really haven't been paying attention to Kim's evolution. The more Jimmy was becoming like Saul, so has she. She had resentment for Howard for pretty much the same exact reason Jimmy did. It's not all out of character. Almost every time Jimmy takes an inch, Kim takes it for a mile.This entire season was mostly about Kim really struggle between her two inner-selves. By the throwing bottle scene, she already done made her mind up as to what kind of person she's going to be. And even in that scene, you saw Jimmy just toying the his bottle initially, and Kim on some fucck-it just toss them muthafucckaz onto the parking lot. So this was EVENTUALLY bound to happen and not at all out the blue.

They been building up to this too. I remember a few seasons back where they hustled a couple in a restaurant and Kim was all about it.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This was one of the most exhilarating hours from Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, what an impressive, beautifully shot finale, the scenes in Mexico just hit on every level, maybe even transcending the ones from S4 of Breaking Bad, but no need to compare, it was such a pleasure to watch.

Lalo gets narco Mexican better than just about any actor I have ever seen, far surpassing the high soap drama of Narcos, plus with enough subtle little mannerisms to own the character. A truly, truly impressive performance. Those scenes with Don Eladio, "I thought you were going to shoot your way out" "now, THIS is showmanship" "It's a little light, que no?" That's how those guys talk, it's not as tribute intense as the show makes it, but it's a good way to build tension and insert humor.

Everything he says killed me, when he sees him sitting up late at night, like he just knew he was coming, was great.

I know two women from Chiuas, I am going down there, one way or another! The scenes on his ranch, from the way they were shot, to the writing, to the tribute show at Don Elaidio's home, ranged from hysterical to nerve wracking, the phone call, and the last minutes before 3:00 AM, so well done. I will say, Lalo should have seen Nacho coming, he just doesn't have the heart (or lack thereof) para la vida mafia. He was scared the whole time. And what a great tribute to Chapo Guzman with the tub left open. Perfect. ( I would think the sicarios could have just thrown a ladder up, but pay me no mind)

"and what if he doesn't like me?"

"...ahhhh....you'll be fine!!"

I guess the take away regarding Kim, is that she is kind of a maniac. Vindictive, spiteful, cruel, even, and must have her own demons, because her relationship with Jimmy, lets face it, is pretty, devoid of traditional pleasure, shall we say? They don't go out, they don't take trips, he doesn't seem like the most romantic guy, and yes I know relationships are built on different things, but the answer the show seems to give us, is she is just as damaged as he is. Good stuff.