Essential Official Beauty Thread

Daps
nubian skin hosiery is the truth.com-beautiful colors that match our skin tones, great prices, fast shipping.....ya'll have no clue how happy i am that i found some thigh- highs stockings that are my skin tone and are affordable.

Daps
@Darth Hater i love becca highlighters -i was mad AF when i dropped the compact and the powder broke into a million pieces all over the floor.

-----
a lot of times i see trends online and think it'll look fly AF but its also not practical for my lifestyle/career. (like where would i wear a waist length weave too? or what is the point of me buying a bunch of leggings when i won't wear leggings as pants outside my house?)

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
I bought me a ton of lipsticks this Black Friday, last year I spent $0, but still manage to get a bunch of free shyt. I made sure to support my black cosmetics line like B'ellegant and ColouredRaine. If any of you ladies are looking for nice Browns and Nudes, B'ellegant have a bundle for 5 Lip Satins for $40. The packaging is not great at all, but I love her formula sohh....... Also, Tarte has the naughty nude lip paints that are worthy of checking out, great brown girl nudes.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
@Foxy Brown do you like the lip bar? I've ordered from them last year but didn't this year. I have a ton of lippies already but I will check out your suggestions

I haven't tried them. But I would like to test out savage, but it looks similar to Whatever by ColouredRaine, which I just bought. However, I do plan to purchase from them once my "no-buy" period is up. Girl, I have like 700+ lipstick. I need to stop my shyt. Lipstick is my weakness

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
@Foxy Brown do you do the green and blue hues? Some of them look beautiful but I don't think I can pull them off.

Yeah. I like greens the best since I have blatant yellow undertones. I prefer Indie brands when I do alternative colors since they are the main brands that do them. I like Colouredraine's IVY and Speechless, don't own them though since I have Jupiter and Mars from Pretty Zombie Cosmetics. I also love Melt's blow. It's so gorgeous. I own Lunatick Cosmetics' Creature, and it's a dupe. I don't have time to pay for Melt's high arse shipping (7.99 or something like that). I also own Rose Stem from Give Me Glow Cosmetics, this is my favorite indie brand for lipsticks). As far as blues, I have like two metallics from Magnolia Makeup (black owned) and Jeffree Star's Blue Velvet. I like to layer the MM one's over Blue Velvet. This year and last year, I was able to get a boatload of JS products for free, but other than that, f**k him.

Daps
Yeah. I like greens the best since I have blatant yellow undertones. I prefer Indie brands when I do alternative colors since they are the main brands that do them. I like Colouredraine's IVY and Speechless, don't own them though since I have Jupiter and Mars from Pretty Zombie Cosmetics. I also love Melt's blow. It's so gorgeous. I own Lunatick Cosmetics' Creature, and it's a dupe. I don't have time to pay for Melt's high arse shipping (7.99 or something like that). I also own Rose Stem from Give Me Glow Cosmetics, this is my favorite indie brand for lipsticks). As far as blues, I have like two metallics from Magnolia Makeup (black owned) and Jeffree Star's Blue Velvet. I like to layer the MM one's over Blue Velvet. This year and last year, I was able to get a boatload of JS products for free, but other than that, f**k him.
wow...thanks for the leads on all these companies. i am bookmarking now.

so wear do you wear blue and green lipstick too? part of me wonders if i am just too old (early 30s) or maybe i just work and live in a too conservative area...i just don't know how to make it work...lol

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
wow...thanks for the leads on all these companies. i am bookmarking now.

so wear do you wear blue and green lipstick too? part of me wonders if i am just too old (early 30s) or maybe i just work and live in a too conservative area...i just don't know how to make it work...lol

You're welcome. I wear them to bars, clubs,out to eat with friends, festivals & any any "artsy" event, as well as, to go shopping. Early 30's is not old at all. Do what you want, live life with no limits.
Yeah, I don't wear certain lip colors to work. I settle for a nude or a red, nothing in your face.
I think you should try it. I was on the fence at first and was like I would never wear them. But now, I love them especially green because it's so complimenting to my complexion. Plus, black women look good in bold colors, like purples, blues, greens, and reds.

Daps
@Foxy Brown I figured the artsy events would be the best bet. I just don't go to enough of them. And one community art organization I am on the board of so I have to promote a certain "look".

I'm really going to try some of your suggestions though. I see the swatches on IG and they do look fantastic.

Daps
I feel like I'm not daring enough to do red lips. What are some good moisturizing red shades?
I think it's more about the shade of red you pick. I will list all the ones I have when I get home.

Secondly you can always moisturizer your lips before you use the color. I prefer matte lipsticks so I use rose hip oil or coconut oil before I use the lipstick

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
I think it's more about the shade of red you pick. I will list all the ones I have when I get home.

Secondly you can always moisturizer your lips before you use the color. I prefer matte lipsticks so I use rose hip oil or coconut oil before I use the lipstick

Thank you!

Winter has wreaked havoc on my lips. I used a lip scrub with oil on it and it's helped. I don't wear makeup but I feel like a bold lip is enough to make yourself look put together.

Daps