Essential Official Beauty Thread

Daps
My acne is acting up bad prolly cuz I don't use any products like that on my face cuz I eat pretty healthy. Any products for oily very sensitive skin. Looking for products to get rid of my acne and acne scars I want that close to flawless skin:wow::mjcry:
honestly, my first suggestion is to see a dermatologist. the reason why i suggest that first is because a lot of the over the counter stuff has the potential to cause more harm depending on the type of acne you have and your skin type. the amount if time and money you use on OTC products could be used on a dermatologist

however, 1 thing that kept my skin lookin radiant is atztec clay mixed with apple cider vinegar. a tub cost less than $10 and lasts a long time. i used it 1x per week as a mask and used my daily facial cleanser

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
honestly, my first suggestion is to see a dermatologist. the reason why i suggest that first is because a lot of the over the counter stuff has the potential to cause more harm depending on the type of acne you have and your skin type. the amount if time and money you use on OTC products could be used on a dermatologist

however, 1 thing that kept my skin lookin radiant is atztec clay mixed with apple cider vinegar. a tub cost less than $10 and lasts a long time. i used it 1x per week as a mask and used my daily facial cleanser
what is your daily facial cleanser

Daps
what is your daily facial cleanser
i use cetaphil (places like family dollar have the generic for $2-$3, which is what i buy) because i have sensitive skin. but i don't know how it works on oily skin since my skin is mixed (oily nose, dry everywhere else) i also use a cream my derm prescribed and it has cleared my skin up marvelously

Daps
did anyone buy the pat mcgrath lust lipstick? i brought some so my lips can light up like an xmas tree during the holidays (although i have no place to go..lol). i can't wait.....

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm experimenting with makeup and I'm not sure where to start. The first thing I got was eye liner and I'm getting a lip gloss I saw the other day this weekend. Any suggestions?

Abayo

Pro
Daps
I'm experimenting with makeup and I'm not sure where to start. The first thing I got was eye liner and I'm getting a lip gloss I saw the other day this weekend. Any suggestions?

Depends on your facial features and your concerns.

If you have dark circles or uneven skintone then foundation/concealers and colour correctors can do a lot for you
But I'd adress those skin concerns with skincare first tbh but u can do both at the same time
The LA girl concealers are cheap but good

If u have nice lips u can play up those, if u like your eyes better do that

Buy things you can wear everyday tho, don't waste your money on a black lipstick or something like that

Get good makeup removers, if you don't take it off properly it'll fukk your skin up
Don't wear makeup everyday, trust me

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on your facial features and your concerns.

If you have dark circles or uneven skintone then foundation/concealers and colour correctors can do a lot for you
But I'd adress those skin concerns with skincare first tbh but u can do both at the same time
The LA girl concealers are cheap but good

If u have nice lips u can play up those, if u like your eyes better do that

Buy things you can wear everyday tho, don't waste your money on a black lipstick or something like that

Get good makeup removers, if you don't take it off properly it'll fukk your skin up
Don't wear makeup everyday, trust me
My skin is good to where I don't need foundation. But I see highlighters and I don't know what that is, and I know good quality brushes are important but there are so many.

I'm going to try eye shadows, lip glosses, lipsticks, maybe blushes.

Daps
My skin is good to where I don't need foundation. But I see highlighters and I don't know what that is, and I know good quality brushes are important but there are so many.

I'm going to try eye shadows, lip glosses, lipsticks, maybe blushes.
i don't use foundation but i do like highlighters and bronzers. i used the highlighters for my nose and cheek area. its supposed to go to the areas where the sun hits. bronzer i use in the summer to give my face and neck that overall glow. you don't have to use them but they do look beautiful on brown skin tones. when using a high lighter i will go light on the eye make up and lipstick. if i want the lips or the eyes to be the focal point i just use a tinted moisturizer.

you can also do a dewy look easily as well. the best way i can describe is to post the product Face Highlighter - Haloscope | Glossier

Daps
if someone knows anything about virgin hair weaves can someone tell me how to remove fly aways from my hair? I condition my hair and set it on flexi rods and i always get flyaways even when i use a finishing spray while setting my hair and while taking it down. is the only way to curl my hair without fly aways through heat?
1zl9ovn.jpg

Daps
i really appreciate the YT hair and makeup tutorials but TBH some people look like a flaming mess before and after. there was a simple hairstyle i wanted to do at home and the stuff i seen online just bad me shaking my head

Daps
trying to decided what to do with my hair next. those hair clips aren't for me. i don't think the upart wig is either. it seems like too much work. i really don't want a weave or braids though.....