Essential Official Beauty Thread

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
trying to decided what to do with my hair next. those hair clips aren't for me. i don't think the upart wig is either. it seems like too much work. i really don't want a weave or braids though.....
Bun bun bun... I'll probably be wearing em for the rest of the year. You don't even have to have ur hair out of you don't want. You can by some kinky hair and used that as ur bun. There's turtorials for adding a bang to it to.

Daps
Bun bun bun... I'll probably be wearing em for the rest of the year. You don't even have to have ur hair out of you don't want. You can by some kinky hair and used that as ur bun. There's turtorials for adding a bang to it to.

do you have a tutorial that includes a realistic looking bang? all the ones i have seen, the bang area looks terrible

Daps
@MoonGoddess i've seen the first video and hate her bangs. maybe its the camera angle or the way she cut the bangs? the second one is better though.

when you wear your hair like this how long does it last? if this is something that has to be re- done every day i won't be able to do it.

Daps
and while we are on the topic, does anyone have suggestions for a good edge control? my edges are like a 4c and nothing keeps them glued down-the edges roll back up or the product causes flaking. eco gel, creme of nature (both regular and super hold), and most styling waxes do not work. i brought silk elements edge control and i don't think it works either. in the past i used to put a relaxer on that section of hair to tame it. maybe i should just go back to doing that?

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
@LeeDoubleLee ive never done it with the bangs so I don't know how long it last but my buns last a week cause I tie my hair every night and wear a bonnet on top of it. I've started using more heat on my hair so I'm gonna try with the bangs since my hair will match it better. I'll let you know. Also the trick that I've found works for me to lay my edges down is a lil bit of honey mixed with my gel with a drop of oil. It really works ur hair will be a little hard but it will not budge until you rewet it. Plus no flakes at least I haven't gotten any.

Daps
thanks moongoddess-you have been a great help. one more question-what type of hair do you use for your buns (company/texture).

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
thanks moongoddess-you have been a great help. one more question-what type of hair do you use for your buns (company/texture).
:mjlol: I just get whatever is the cheapest. I usually get the Bobbi boss or Janet jumbo twist braid or kinky twist hair lol. I like getting them online cause they usually have them buy 1 get 1. They went way up from what they used to be when I was younger. I like them cause the texture kinda looks like my hair when it's blown out and the kinky mastches my hair when it's not. Oh and ur welcome.

Last edited:
Daps
I'm ready to take me weave out, it's ugly now with the new growth and I can't get the closure to blend anymore smh

I saw a hair cut I wanted to try but if you don't keep up with it, it looks like shyt. (Peasy and dry)

Daps
:mjlol: I just get whatever is the cheapest. I usually get the Bobbi boss or Janet jumbo twist braid or kinky twist hair lol. I like getting them online cause they usually have them buy 1 get 1. They went way up from what they used to be when I was younger. I like them cause the texture kinda looks like my hair when it's blown out and the kinky mastches my hair when it's not. Oh and ur welcome.
is this braiding hair? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, i honestly don't know hair/weaves brands and types) i tried buying weft hair like the bang tutorial suggested, and most of the bundles being sold are thin AF. as a matter of fact the one i picked is so thin it barely covers the hair donut and there was no want to know until i opened the pack. SMH since the local BSS owners are usually greedy AF i have a feeling they are gonna have a hard time about giving me store credit. i have shytty ass luck with hair

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
is this braiding hair? (sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, i honestly don't know hair/weaves brands and types) i tried buying weft hair like the bang tutorial suggested, and most of the bundles being sold are thin AF. as a matter of fact the one i picked is so thin it barely covers the hair donut and there was no want to know until i opened the pack. SMH since the local BSS owners are usually greedy AF i have a feeling they are gonna have a hard time about giving me store credit. i have shytty ass luck with hair
Yes it is
B_KMB00_Marley-Braid_Main1_175.jpg

Premium-62inch-Noble-Gold-Afro-Kinky-Twist-Synthetic-Hair-Extensions-Afro-Braid-Curly-Hair-Bulk-Color.jpg

It comes like this and they have different lengths. They usually use it for kinky twist or faux dreads.