Essential Official Beauty Thread

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime: Why you being so dramatic, of course I'm Haitian. Yes the avy pic was my real hair lol.

OK Moon, along as the avy pic was really I'll let u slide, I still don't think ur Haitian tho...probably from where wack like st thomas

Aceofspades404

Superstar
Daps
So I've been practicing my makeup skills and its absolutely trash lol
I've come to realize that the whole contour and highlighting thing just isn't for me or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Also my concealer really doesn't do anything for my under eyes. Any one know any strictly foundation routines that would still give a glow to my face?

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
So I've had red loc extensions for over a year and finally cut them out yesterday. I was using them to get my hair loc'ed and grow my hair out. I have beautiful shoulder length black locs now. The red was making me look older and plus the extensions never locs properly. In combination with that and trying to preserve the color I was not taking care of my hair properly and was suffering from dryness. Thankful my hair is still in good condition and healthy despite the slacking on my part. I was able to wash and deep condition it properly for the first time since I've had them. It's seems like I have a new head of hair. It's so much shiner and all my locs puffed right out and I swear doubled in size. I am soooooooo happy. I love my hair. I wish I would have gotten locs year ago.

I used the actual aloe for an aloe plant to moisturize and Wild Growth Oil Light to seal. :wow: The hair is amazing

I used the aloe on my face too and then put an oil mixture I created similar to the Wild Growth on top of it. :wow: Skin feels amazing too. I think I'm going to use it all over my body. I've never used real aloe from the plant. It's the shyt.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I've come to realize that the whole contour and highlighting thing just isn't for me or maybe I'm doing it wrong. Also my concealer really doesn't do anything for my under eyes. Any one know any strictly foundation routines that would still give a glow to my face?

I felt that way too. You just need different products. I tried a lot of different stuff and it didn't work. So I went to Youtube and watched a ton of make up videos until I found products that were cheap and seemed to be what I need. I use these to highlight (toffee) and contour (mahogany) and the work beautifully:
Jordana Complete Cover 2-in-1 Concealer & Foundation-Choose Color

I use this orange correcter for under the eyes. Works like a charm.
L.A. Girl Makeup Pro Conceal HD Concealer Orange Corrector GC990

Daps

do you have to use foundation to get your look? i have gotten a glowy look by just using powders. if i do use a foundation its just tinted moisturizer. (and no i don't have perfect skin but it looks fine)

my top picks:
beccas shimmery skin perfector ( i have topaz). i just dust it across my cheeks and nose from left to right and then do a bit on my philtrum (the area above your cupids bow) and chin
BECCA | Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed

i also just brought glossier's halescope sticks (i have both colors). these area easy to use but i am still trying to get the hang of these
Face Highlighter - Haloscope | Glossier - Glossier

i have also used a bronzer and just lightly dusted my whole face. i have MAC's matte pwoder, refined golden color

but ITA with you on how hard highlighting and contouring is. it takes a lot of practice and you need the right colors. most MUA's can't match foundation colors right. i think thats why i gave up on trying to find a foundation for my skin tone. it was either too orange or too yellow.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
What kind of liner are you using... gel or liquid?
I have both. Stuff I got in my ipsy bag. I have to go home for the exact brands. They both are amazing but the liquid is the best when you have a steady hand.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
is there any non oil moisturizers that work well. the cocoa butter n cocunut oil im using isn't good for my skin type and is cloggin my shyt and fukkin up my glow. help please

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
7020cb0e-ede2-4f12-acbd-b51c98973cbd_CetaphilDailyFacialMoisturizerSPF15.jpg.ashx

Lol. Oh and Shea butter :mjpls: is non comedogenic. I like to use it on my face at night. Leaves my skin soooo soft. In the morning I use ^^^ or my bb cream that has spf in it. I have large pores so i can't have anything blocking them or its pimple central for me. I find these two things work for me.
But the Shea butter at night really really helps.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
7020cb0e-ede2-4f12-acbd-b51c98973cbd_CetaphilDailyFacialMoisturizerSPF15.jpg.ashx

Lol. Oh and Shea butter :mjpls: is non comedogenic. I like to use it on my face at night. Leaves my skin soooo soft. In the morning I use ^^^ or my bb cream that has spf in it. I have large pores so i can't have anything blocking them or its pimple central for me. I find these two things work for me.
But the Shea butter at night really really helps.
i have oily skin so shea butter dosen't wrk even tho its non comedogenic. it makes me look greasy, have u ever used mango butter?