Essential Official Beauty Thread

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
:wow: I would love to see ur makeuo skills. Im sure ur a beast wow!

I'm no makeup artist lol. I'm more of a lipstick girl than anything else. And when I do wear a "full face of makeup" I prefer neutrals and fall inspired colors- bronze, burnt oranges, Browns, nudes- as far as eyes and cheeks go

Something like Destiny's makeup
Destiny Godley (@godleydestiny) • Instagram photos and videos

I also dig this chick looks- so grungy
Steffanie Strazzere (@sstrazzere) • Instagram photos and videos

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
I'm no makeup artist lol. I'm more of a lipstick girl than anything else. And when I do wear a "full face of makeup" I prefer neutrals and fall inspired colors- bronze, burnt oranges, Browns, nudes- as far as eyes and cheeks go

Something like Destiny's makeup
Destiny Godley (@godleydestiny) • Instagram photos and videos

I also dig this chick looks- so grungy
Steffanie Strazzere (@sstrazzere) • Instagram photos and videos
I follow Destiny on youtube, i like her makeup too.
Even tho im still at the infant stage, i like make up that looks natural. I dont want to feel like my face is shifting when i move it lol
Something like this

I also adore the bronzer look on darkskin.
Makes us look so chocolaty golden.
What do you think is a good bronzer?

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
@MoonGoddess It depends- are you using it to contour or using it as a blush substitute.

Mac's brown down is good to contour with- it's an eyeshadow

Jane's (drugstore) browning also

Cover Girl's Queen collection bronzer in Ebony

Check out Black radiance for bronze blushes, they have very pigmented eyeshadow palettes too for about $3-$4.

Here's some vids

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
@MoonGoddess It depends- are you using it to contour or using it as a blush substitute.

Mac's brown down is good to contour with- it's an eyeshadow

Jane's (drugstore) browning also

Cover Girl's Queen collection bronzer in Ebony

Check out Black radiance for bronze blushes, they have very pigmented eyeshadow palettes too for about $3-$4.

Here's some vids

Lol i dont even know. I had one from physicians formula a while back that lasted me forever. I loved the way it made my skin look, ive been looking for something like it ever since.
Thank you tho, i will check these out and i have a gift card for mac so im a pick up that eyeshadow. :hug:

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what Mac foundation shade does she look like to y'all? I think I'm same shade, but the products she uses don't really look good on me. It could be that I'm applying them wrong too though.

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
what Mac foundation shade does she look like to y'all? I think I'm same shade, but the products she uses don't really look good on me. It could be that I'm applying them wrong too though.

People always say the glam twins wear the wrong foundation shades, lol. Check out reviews for your local Sephora and Mac. And if they are good, go to each one of them to get a foundation match. I would choose Sephora since they have an array of foundation by different brands for different budgets. Clinique Stay Matte is good for $22 or so. Your skin is pretty clear from what I've seen so you only need a tinted moisturizer or a lightweight foundation

Oh yeah, Google glamtwinz foundation or use YouTube search engine to see their foundation shades- they put it in the description box :smile:

What products are you using?

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What products are you using?
I know they're known for wearing the wrong shades lol, that's why I was king what do you think they're actual shade is.

Almost every darkskinned ytber including Destiny Godley recommended the Maybelline fit me concealer in 350. I tried it and it looked like crap, but it looks fine on them

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
I know they're known for wearing the wrong shades lol, that's why I was king what do you think they're actual shade is.

Almost every darkskinned ytber including Destiny Godley recommended the Maybelline fit me concealer in 350. I tried it and it looked like crap, but it looks fine on them

Yeah, I have no clue, lol. I try guessing my foundation shade at the drugstore based on beauty guru's my color one time- I picked two shades MissLBailey and Island Beauty wore and they both were ashy, even mixed together. So I prefer going to Sephora, Mac, Estée Lauder, any makeup counter with black makeup artists.

Oh yeah go to Ulta. I think they have foundation testers for drugstore foundation and they have makeup artists (I believe, I don't really go there, I just order online)

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere

Do you know if you are cool or warm toned?
Cool had red/blue undertones - looks good in pure black/white, burgandy, and jewel toned colors
Warm has peach/yellow undertones - look good in oranges, browns, creams, and earth toned colors
skinshadeselector.jpeg

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do you know if you are cool or warm toned?
Cool had red/blue undertones - looks good in pure black/white, burgandy, and jewel toned colors
Warm has peach/yellow undertones - look good in oranges, browns, creams, and earth toned colors
skinshadeselector.jpeg
I think I'm cool toned

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
355 is Coconut

New 360 is Mocha

You can also try out a primer. ELF has cheap ones.

I tried the one in the first video, I don't know if it was the wrong shade or if it was to dewy for my oily skin, probably both. Can't find the 360 shade anywhere