Essential Official Beauty Thread

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Ye just the end of the day my hair dry as hell :lupe:

Like I said i had the same thing with my beard but this oil i got keep it nice and glistenin the whole day :lupe:

If you just have dry hair... just make a mixture of olive, castor, and coconut oils that should help.

The olive and coconut oils are going to nourish the shaft of the hair and the castor oil is going to draw moisture from the air to help hydrate your hair.

You could even make a spray of distilled water, coconut and olive oils, and vegetable glycerin. This should also help your moisture problem.

Spowder

Rookie
Daps
Does anyone else have dyed hair? My hair is recently dyed blond I heard purple shampoo is good for it. Does anyone know a good brand to buy?

Paradise

Daps
Does anyone else have dyed hair? My hair is recently dyed blond I heard purple shampoo is good for it. Does anyone know a good brand to buy?
Use shimmering lights for your hair if is dyed blond . It's meant for gray or white hair... but it should help blond hair too.

shim.jpg

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Whats the latest on hair oils please. Is castor oil the wave?:feedme: I want somethin that keeps my hair hydrated

This beard oil I got my shyt feelin like a damn cloud :wow:
Oils don't really hydrate hair, they coat it except for a few like coconut oil that are actually able to penetrate the hair shaft. To keep ur hair hydrated deep condition when you wash. Also buy a empty spray bottle and fill it up with water and mist ur hair through out the day. You can add oils if you want but my personal favorite way to keep my hair moist is aloe vera juice, its done wonders for my hair and i add it into almost all the products that i make.

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Sorry to interrupt, ladies, but I was curious about a decent exfoliating facial...stuff?

I dunno, I'm not really knowledgable about these things but I'm trying to improve my overall health and treat my body better so I was curious what's a good and simple start since I've started oil pulling and such.

Appreciate any help.
There are so many different products to exfoliate with. I use baking soda, i get a face wipe that already has cleanser in it and put a lil baking soda in it and gently exfoliate like that. I even use it on my whole body and im always left feeling extra clean. Just be careful because it interacts badly with some ingrediants and it wouldnt be a great idea to use then. You can usually tell by the smell tho. I like the olay 4 in 1 face wipes. I do this like twice a week but i also have a clarisonic that i barely use. Also ill sometimes mix the baking soda with coconut oil and get kind of a oily paste. I let that sit in my face as i shower and wash it off last. Then use a acv mixed with distilled water as a toner.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Oils don't really hydrate hair, they coat it except for a few like coconut oil that are actually able to penetrate the hair shaft. To keep ur hair hydrated deep condition when you wash. Also buy a empty spray bottle and fill it up with water and mist ur hair through out the day. You can add oils if you want but my personal favorite way to keep my hair moist is aloe vera juice, its done wonders for my hair and i add it into almost all the products that i make.

Thanks def gonna get a spray bottle seems like a simple enough solution.

Its crazy how all these things have so many uses... i only fry with coconut oil now and its also good for my hair?! :mindblown:

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Thanks def gonna get a spray bottle seems like a simple enough solution.

Its crazy how all these things have so many uses... i only fry with coconut oil now and its also good for my hair?! :mindblown:
:obama: Coconut Oil is a God of oils breh.
It has so many uses, it's literally a one size fits all, well at least if you believe all the studies on it.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil | Organic Facts

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
9cc4fbfca995d1c9b8d2577aca733bdd.jpg

This is amazing in my hair. I actually think its better than leave in conditioner and the oils that i use.
Im gonna mix it with my flax seed gel this weekend and see what happens.

Paradise

Daps
9cc4fbfca995d1c9b8d2577aca733bdd.jpg

This is amazing in my hair. I actually think its better than leave in conditioner and the oils that i use.
Im gonna mix it with my flax seed gel this weekend and see what happens.
I've use shortening for a long time... but not for my hair.

I use it for my eczema. When the dermatologist told me to use crisco to get rid of it I couldn't believe it.

But you know what... it worked!!!

MoonGoddess

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Ladies what are good brands of Olive oil and Coconut oil?
I like nutiva coconut oil, and olive oil I just by organic, usually from target.
I've use shortening for a long time... but not for my hair.

I use it for my eczema. When the dermatologist told me to use crisco to get rid of it I couldn't believe it.

But you know what... it worked!!!
yeah I even use it on my lips, I never have to use my lip balm afterwards.
But I had a brutal detangling session this past weekend and if it wasn't for that I don't know what I would have done lol.
That's my dumb ass fault for thinking a flimsy brush like "the wet brush" was really gonna do my hair justice, lol I almost cut it off again :pachaha: