Essential Official Beauty Thread

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
BornPrettyStore-P-15-Concealer-Palette-640x480.jpg

They come in palettes like this. I have a larger one that I bought at Marshall's for $5.00. But I say the best concealor on the market is made by LA girl pro.

How do you make the LA girl concealor work? Its so dry on my face and hard to blend. I dont know if I need to exfoliate really well or prep 'n' prime my face! But my skin doesnt work well with thick, dry formulas, maube i need something with a thinner consistency. Im tired of failing with makeup,lol. Eyeliner is another big catastrophe. The way I line my upperlid makes my eyes look Diana Ross big, when in actuality I have slanted eyes :/

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
How do you make the LA girl concealor work? Its so dry on my face and hard to blend. I dont know if I need to exfoliate really well or prep 'n' prime my face! But my skin doesnt work well with thick, dry formulas, maube i need something with a thinner consistency. Im tired of failing with makeup,lol. Eyeliner is another big catastrophe. The way I line my upperlid makes my eyes look Diana Ross big, when in actuality I have slanted eyes :/
Well I can't tell you much about that since you are moisturizing and priming before hand. you should try some creamy concealer. Try the Maybelline FITME concealer. They have a wide range of colors and it's creamy and should be more workable. It also is medium coverage... so if don't need a full coverage concealer that is the way to go.

You should look at the videos posted on eyelining tricks and tips.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
I don't really wear make up a lot at all, but I recommend cream eyeshadows that you can apply with your fingers and Lipgloss. I don't wear foundation at all so I don't know anything about primer.

s1362995-main-Lhero.jpg

That's a Bobbi Brown cream shadow

2f7772906f3fe12b077d229312e009b9.jpg

This is a Mac Paint Pot, Indianwood. Goes on easy lasts all day.

71.jpg

I think this is an example of the Indianwood

Philosophy-Much-Mistletoeing-Lip-Shine-Set-Philosophy-Holiday-2011.jpg

Philosophy makes my favorite lip glosses BUT they're hard to find. I also use Clinique or MAC. For casual use, I may use Victoria's Secret.

For thinner coverage, Lancôme makes a great tinted moisturizer:

3605970423926_1.7OZ_7_SUEDE_BIENFAITTEINTEBBCREAM.jpg

It's a moisturizer and sunscreen all in one.

Of course if you gently exfoliate and moisturize, your makeup should wear better

I have heard that smashbox makes a good primer:

SB_C015_430.jpg

I don't know if primer is better under liquid or powder foundation, BUT if I were to wear foundation I would wear Clinique Stay Matte pressed powder

s51771-main-Lhero.jpg

I don't wear foundation mostly out of laziness, but also because I'd probably forgot I had it on and would touch my face.

I may consider the Lancôme tinted moisturizer though. It's light coverage with SPF...

For eyeliner, have you considered a gel eyeliner that you can apply with a stiff brush for more control? I like the Stilla paint pot.

zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Foxy Brown

Andrea Y. Small Gardner
Daps
Reppin
Jordan, Jasmine, Jolie, Julius
I don't really wear make up a lot at all, but I recommend cream eyeshadows that you can apply with your fingers and Lipgloss. I don't wear foundation at all so I don't know anything about primer.

s1362995-main-Lhero.jpg

That's a Bobbi Brown cream shadow

2f7772906f3fe12b077d229312e009b9.jpg

This is a Mac Paint Pot, Indianwood. Goes on easy lasts all day.

71.jpg

I think this is an example of the Indianwood

Philosophy-Much-Mistletoeing-Lip-Shine-Set-Philosophy-Holiday-2011.jpg

Philosophy makes my favorite lip glosses BUT they're hard to find. I also use Clinique or MAC. For casual use, I may use Victoria's Secret.

For thinner coverage, Lancôme makes a great tinted moisturizer:

3605970423926_1.7OZ_7_SUEDE_BIENFAITTEINTEBBCREAM.jpg

It's a moisturizer and sunscreen all in one.

Of course if you gently exfoliate and moisturize, your makeup should wear better

I have heard that smashbox makes a good primer:

SB_C015_430.jpg

I don't know if primer is better under liquid or powder foundation, BUT if I were to wear foundation I would wear Clinique Stay Matte pressed powder

s51771-main-Lhero.jpg

I don't wear foundation mostly out of laziness, but also because I'd probably forgot I had it on and would touch my face.

I may consider the Lancôme tinted moisturizer though. It's light coverage with SPF...

For eyeliner, have you considered a gel eyeliner that you can apply with a stiff brush for more control? I like the Stilla paint pot.

zoom.jpg

Thank you!! I didn't know Lancôme had a tinted moisturizer. Their teint idole is great, so I can't expect anything lesser for their moisturizer.

I'll try the Stila smudge pot, I never thought to give it a try. Anastasia Beverly Hills and Colour Pop makes similar products.

Again, thank you!!

.༼-◕_◕-༽.

.༼-◕_◕-༽.
Daps
Reppin
Dona Nobis Pacem
Thank you!! I didn't know Lancôme had a tinted moisturizer. Their teint idole is great, so I can't expect anything lesser for their moisturizer.

I'll try the Stila smudge pot, I never thought to give it a try. Anastasia Beverly Hills and Colour Pop makes similar products.

Again, thank you!!
You're welcome. I lowkey like nice makeup and beauty products even though I'm way to lazy to wear makeup everyday or even a full face of makeup. I just try to keep good quality products on deck. The most I usually will do are eye makeup and lipgloss.

I also love fragrances and body products.

The Stilla smudge pot is good with a very narrow stiff brush.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
If any of you ladies (or gentlemen) are looking for a good mask to add to your skincare regimen, this one is really good!

2upcq50.jpg

My sister bought it for me for Christmas and I'm very pleased with it. I've also made my own clay masks (bentonite with acv and sometimes honey) but this is much less messy and it doesn't leave my skin feeling terribly stripped.

@Draje this is the mask! It's not for exfoliation purposes, but I always feel like it helps to keep my skin looking smooth after I've exfoliated. I do my masks on Sunday and Wednesday, and exfoliate my face in the shower on two different days than the mask. Say, Saturday and Thursday? I just don't want to do too much in one day. I always follow up my cleansing routine with a witch hazel toner (I use Thayers rose water alcohol free witch hazel, bought it at natural grocers) and moisturize with fragrance free Kiss my face (natural grocers) olive oil and aloe lotion. That's the only lotion I use on my entire body, and I love it!

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry to interrupt, ladies, but I was curious about a decent exfoliating facial...stuff?

I dunno, I'm not really knowledgable about these things but I'm trying to improve my overall health and treat my body better so I was curious what's a good and simple start since I've started oil pulling and such.

Appreciate any help.

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Whats the latest on hair oils please. Is castor oil the wave?:feedme: I want somethin that keeps my hair hydrated

This beard oil I got my shyt feelin like a damn cloud :wow:

Paradise

Daps
Whats the latest on hair oils please. Is castor oil the wave?:feedme: I want somethin that keeps my hair hydrated

This beard oil I got my shyt feelin like a damn cloud :wow:
Right now i'm on a mixture of oils... but I mostly use this one I mixed up.

It's coconut, sweet almond, grape seed, and some essential oils. It smells so good!

All of these are lighter oils if that is what you are looking for.

Because castor oil is really heavy and if you use it you would want to cut it with a lighter oil like the ones I mentioned and also olive oil can be used it.

What were you wanting to use the oils for?

Lithe

All Star
Daps
Sorry to interrupt, ladies, but I was curious about a decent exfoliating facial...stuff?

I dunno, I'm not really knowledgable about these things but I'm trying to improve my overall health and treat my body better so I was curious what's a good and simple start since I've started oil pulling and such.

Appreciate any help.

I've made my own scrubs using granulated white sugar and olive oil. Just mix them together in a little air tight container once you've poured enough oil in to coat the sugar. A lot of the stuff you can buy in stores (I'm thinking of apricot scrub that I read some bad news about) can be too harsh on the skin! I buy my body scrubs from a natural grocers, but I can't remember what brand. I really like the way it just makes my skin feel smoother. I'll come back to edit when I can give info on the brand for the body scrub.

Here's the facial scrub recipe I used! I didn't add any essential oils because I didn't have any, but it was fine and it left my skin feeling softer, cleaner, and clearer.

343of3m.jpg

I also posted yesterday a good mask. It's the Clear Improvement face mask by Origins brand, and I use that twice a week! I exfoliate twice a week and wash my face everyday with this

2l8xel2.jpg

Hope this helps a bit!

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Right now i'm on a mixture of oils... but I mostly use this one I mixed up.

It's coconut, sweet almond, grape seed, and some essential oils. It smells so good!

All of these are lighter oils if that is what you are looking for.

Because castor oil is really heavy and if you use it you would want to cut it with a lighter oil like the ones I mentioned and also olive oil can be used it.

What were you wanting to use the oils for?

Soften my hair and keep my scalp fresh :ahh:

Im usin that green olive oil now and the spray i wanna take it to the next level :dame:

I was hoping for an all in one solution aint got time to be whippin in the mornings :patrice:

Paradise

Daps
Soften my hair and keep my scalp fresh :ahh:

Im usin that green olive oil now and the spray i wanna take it to the next level :dame:

I was hoping for an all in one solution aint got time to be whippin in the mornings :patrice:
Well you can keep using the olive oil.

Olive oil is one of the few oils that can penetrate the hair shaft.

you can just add some other oils and the olive oil will just be the carrier oil. Are you having any type of problems like dandruff, dry hair, etc?

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Well you can keep using the olive oil.

Olive oil is one of the few oils that can penetrate the hair shaft.

you can just add some other oils and the olive oil will just be the carrier oil. Are you having any type of problems like dandruff, dry hair, etc?

Ye just the end of the day my hair dry as hell :lupe:

Like I said i had the same thing with my beard but this oil i got keep it nice and glistenin the whole day :lupe: