Official Bad Boys For Life Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Bad Boys should be way bigger than Fast & Furious, if they would've done sequels much sooner. I really hope they do Bad Boys 4. It looks like they're going to, especially since this one is gonna have a big opening. I like the added team dynamic too.
Crazy because Bad Boys II and 2 Fast 2 Furious came out the same year. Never would have guessed FF would be such a big deal (and I actually liked 2)

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
bad-boys-for-life.jpg

GRADE A 5/5 STARS

giphy.gif

My expectations were guarded, I knew it had been a long time. I knew Michael Bay wasn't gonna be there. But they did it, it closed the Trilogy out Perfectly. As I said the Story is the best of the franchise. The Drama really worked. Martin was amazing, he stole every single scene he was in. The Young Directors Adil and Bilall from Moracco did they damn thing. The Shots and Cinematography was all there, they kept Bay's Aesthetic. Miami looked Beautiful like a Trillion Bucks. I wouldn't say they were biting all the way as much as paying homage because he started the franchise. First the movie started funny as hell with Mike and Marcus in what seemed to be a car chase but in reality was them rushing to the Hospital for Marcus to become a Grandfather. Then we all get the shock of seeing Marcus Daughter Megan from Part 2 all grown up and low and behold, she's still with Reggie he's definitely 30 now for sure, lol They even used the same camera angle shot from Part 2 when he came on the screen. He's now in the Marines.

So the movie then goes into celebratory mode with Marcus being a Grandfather. Mike is still Mike, still cocky, still a hot head. Meanwhile Marcus is trying to tell him it's time to slow down, it's time to retire. Then they decide let's race for old time sake. The whole sequence was funny especially with Captain Howard cracking jokes. And then Boom, Mike is shot by someone riding a black motorcycle. Like What, MIKE WAS SHOT, WTF. Suck the air out of the whole damn theater. Then we go about 10 minutes of not knowing if Mike is gonna make it or not including him being in Coma. The story fast forwards 6 months later and at first they play with our emotions because it seems like a funeral because Marcus is crying but it's actually Megan and Reggie's wedding. Mike survived the shooting. Then Boom Michael Bay is there in a cameo as the Wedding DJ, LOL.

Come to find out a Deadly Cartel Woman and her Assassin Son are after Mike for being involved in her Husband Cartel going down. So the whole "Drug Kingpin/Boss" Angle was still intact. Marcus of course Retired during Mike's recovery and become religous. He tells Mike he's done when Mike tries to get him to help him investigate his own attempted murder case. Captain Howard finds out and eventually Shuts Mike down. After Mike presses the issue, Captain Howard forces him to work with a new team called the Ammo Unit. It's ran by an old fling of his named Rita. She did pretty good in this role. There's also three Young Millennial Cops on the team as well. Each of them have their own unique skills including Weapons training, Computer Tech etc. Vanessa Hudgens did good and was looking good too. Charles Melton had some funny lines with Will and Alexander from Vikings/Hunger games did pretty good. I was cool with the Ammo Unit because they weren't there to outshine the Bad Boys as much as they were there to assist them. So Mike goes out with them to trying and find a bullet dealer. Then a bullet deal goes bad and the bullet dealer is killed. This set them back in the case. Meanwhile The Cartel Assassin is continuing randomly killing several high profile Miami Police and Government Officials.

Mike becomes obsessed with hunting him down. The Villain played by Jacob Scipio was hard body, he was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. You didn't know when he was gonna pop out or show up. He has martial arts skills, weapons skills, he was fast and drive a motorcycle. So they are trying to hunt this killer down and in the middle of it all, Captain Howard gets clipped at his daughter's Basketball Game after she missed a shot which was homage to Bad Boys 1. Again, whole theater was shocked. He had people shook because you just didn't know who was gonna get popped next. Captain Howard's death inspires Marcus to come out of retirement and help Mike hunt down the Assassin. Them and the Ammo team head to Mexico City in the final showdown. I liked how contained the climax was in that Hotel. Then the shocker of all shockers, twist of all twist is revealed. Is this Bad Boys or M. Knight Shymalan? Star Wars?

EOmry8nU8AAw4f2.jpg

Michael "Armando" Lowrey Jr. Huh? What? Are You crazy? Are they serious? This Murderous Psychopath is actually Mike's long lost Son on some reverse Darth Vader "I Am Your Father" Ish? Actually....Yes they are serious and a deep story line about Mike's undercover history came out from it. This movie took so many story risk (Mike getting Shot, Captain Howard dying, The Bad Guys being all Mike's Fault etc) that you have to give it to them. You see in the 1st Two Bad Boys Film Mike and Marcus took down two Drug Kingpins together but the story was mostly about Marcus's family. His Wife Teresa, His Kids and even his Sister Syd in Bad Boys II. What was great about this story in Bad Boys For Life, it was more about Mike's fast life catching up with him. Yes it's believable that Mike had an illegitimate child. It's just ironic it was with a Drug Lord's Wife while he was undercover. Marcus reaction to the whole situation was priceless and funny. I admit while watching It I thought maybe he would of been Johnny Tapia's son coming back for revenge but this twist was wild.

Anyways, Mike Jr. had a small redemption arc at the end of the movie when he finds out the truth how he was manipulated by his Mother. Though she dies, he actually helps to save Marcus at the end. So Again Mike almost Died, Marcus almost Died, Captain Died and the whole situation they were in was all Mike's Fault, oh not to mention, the Assassin is actually family. LOL. Knocked it out the damn park. Again I loved it. Now the Pre Credit Scene showed Mike Jr in jail obviously I mean he killed Government and Police official. But it's gonna be on some He's gonna help on missions stuff but I could see him still being conflicted. I know he's happy to know the truth about his Father though. I know some are saying this is like "Fast and Furious" but I actually feel "Fast and the Furious" copied "Bad Boys II" first.

Michael Bay brought all this action fukkery to the forefront especially in "Bad Boys II." "F&F" was about street racing and made the switch to more Bayham fukkery as "Bad Boys II" crushed the buildings which out grossed "2 Fast 2 Furious" in the same year. But yes the future is set up for the Ammo team to continue to assist while maybe Mike Jr. goes on missions with the team. Bad Boys 4 is set up nicely if they do want to continue but it's perfectly fine as a Trilogy. But again Action was dope, Story was fire, Brought everyone back from Teresa to Megan, Reggie etc. DJ Khaled was funny and joins the other great Bad Boys Interrogation scenes. The soundtrack was straight, not better than 1 or 2 but had some joints. Overall It was just a great adventure and ride. Loved all the homage shots and Will and Martin chemistry is just GOAT STATUS. TAKE NOTES, that's how you close out a Trilogy. Even the Critics can't hate like they normally would because they know the story was done well. It also has a 97% Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes. Box Office Analyst completely Underestimated this movie. 30 Million Holiday Weekend? LOL Please. Again 1 and 2 are Classics so this one just fits right on with the bunch. So yes this is a Classic Trilogy, one of the best Action Trilogies of All Time.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
FINAL MLK WEEKEND ESTIMATES

BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

DOMESTIC (64.6%)
$68,100,000
INTERNATIONAL (35.4%)
$37,300,000

WORLDWIDE

$105,400,000

*Record: Largest Midnight Previews Gross Ever January
*Record: Largest Opening New January Release Ever
*Record: Largest MLK Weekend Opening for New January Release (2nd Overall behind "American Sniper" which opened the previous year but went wide MLK Weekend)

qYf30U.gif

THEY DID IT. Each Bad Boys Film Opening Box Office Weekend increased from the last. "Bad Boys For Life" is the Biggest January Release EVER for a new release because it OPENED in January. "American Sniper" opened in December the previous year Limited and went Wide in January so it's not the same though it has the overall record. I know some people were saying "January was a bad release date" but I knew it would do just fine in this slot as both "Ride Along" films were able to be a success on MLK Weekend. Yes Normally January is a slow month but that leaves room for you to dominate. I would love Bad Boys back in the Summer but I think they should keep this slot and make it a MLK Holiday thing going forward like Star Wars does for Christmas. Comic Book Movies have over saturated the market especially for "Action" Films. "John Wick", "Fast and Furious" and "Bad Boys" being successful brings balance at the box office. I grew up on "Beverly Hills Cop", "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" etc type of action films. I like Action movies like those so this is great news to see. .