DOMESTIC (64.6%)
$68,100,000
INTERNATIONAL (35.4%)
$37,300,000

WORLDWIDE

$105,400,000

*Record: Largest Midnight Previews Gross Ever January
*Record: Largest Opening New January Release Ever
*Record: Largest MLK Weekend Opening for New January Release (2nd Overall behind "American Sniper" which opened the previous year but went wide MLK Weekend)

qYf30U.gif

THEY DID IT. Each Bad Boys Film Opening Box Office Weekend increased from the last. "Bad Boys For Life" is the Biggest January Release EVER for a new release because it OPENED in January. "American Sniper" opened in December the previous year Limited and went Wide in January so it's not the same though it has the overall record. I know some people were saying "January was a bad release date" but I knew it would do just fine in this slot as both "Ride Along" films were able to be a success on MLK Weekend. Yes Normally January is a slow month but that leaves room for you to dominate. I would love Bad Boys back in the Summer but I think they should keep this slot and make it a MLK Holiday thing going forward like Star Wars does for Christmas. Comic Book Movies have over saturated the market especially for "Action" Films. "John Wick", "Fast and Furious" and "Bad Boys" being successful brings balance at the box office. I grew up on "Beverly Hills Cop", "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" etc type of action films. I like Action movies like those so this is great news to see. .
The directors are supposedly doing Beverly Hills Cop 4 :leon:

Shoutout to John Singleton as well *RIP* (Tyrese and chasing Drug lords in 2 Fast 2 Furious/which came out the same year as BB2 and that style kinda was pushed forward in future films) for Snowfall. I think that show is what got them the opportunity to do Bad Boys for Life.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
FINAL MLK WEEKEND ESTIMATES

BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

DOMESTIC (64.6%)
$68,100,000
INTERNATIONAL (35.4%)
$37,300,000

WORLDWIDE

$105,400,000

*Record: Largest Midnight Previews Gross Ever January
*Record: Largest Opening New January Release Ever
*Record: Largest MLK Weekend Opening for New January Release (2nd Overall behind "American Sniper" which opened the previous year but went wide MLK Weekend)

qYf30U.gif

THEY DID IT. Each Bad Boys Film Opening Box Office Weekend increased from the last. "Bad Boys For Life" is the Biggest January Release EVER for a new release because it OPENED in January. "American Sniper" opened in December the previous year Limited and went Wide in January so it's not the same though it has the overall record. I know some people were saying "January was a bad release date" but I knew it would do just fine in this slot as both "Ride Along" films were able to be a success on MLK Weekend. Yes Normally January is a slow month but that leaves room for you to dominate. I would love Bad Boys back in the Summer but I think they should keep this slot and make it a MLK Holiday thing going forward like Star Wars does for Christmas. Comic Book Movies have over saturated the market especially for "Action" Films. "John Wick", "Fast and Furious" and "Bad Boys" being successful brings balance at the box office. I grew up on "Beverly Hills Cop", "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" etc type of action films. I like Action movies like those so this is great news to see. .

:whoo:

Will won.

Starring and producing a blockbuster to open up the year....then starring and producing king richard to close out the year.

Also martin is baackkk!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I actually thought it was pretty funny and the action was worse than its predecessors.

Will and Martin both looked old as fukk. Especially Martin who was very flabby.
I’d disagree with the action part to an extent. While the second definitely has bigger set pieces (bigger budget) the action in this one is more coherent and actually stems from character shyt rather than just blowing stuff up because Bay wants explosions. Nothing was hard to follow and every action bit told a story. Whether it’s how old they’re getting, Mike realizing stuff, Marcus’ crisis of conscience, etc. The Belgian cats they brought in did a great job there

Mob H

All Star
Daps
I didn't watch any pre-release interviews or anything so I was on edge the whole time

wondering if they were gonna kill Marcus to make Mike suffer even more.