Official Bad Boys For Life Thread

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
It was ok, Martin (Marcus) and some will disagree, but to me, he didn't even serve any purpose in the movie. The movie centered to much around Will (Michael) smh. Bad Boys 1 did too, but as someone stated in this thread, Marcus was more "involved" in the action scene more so, the action scenes he was in, just didn't feel the same, no energy to me, in Bad Boy 1, he brought the energy or at least matched Will's energy in the scenes in BB1, this one here, dude looked gas and flabby in my opinion.

Same storyline between the two, Marcus wants to retire, Mike (Michael) wants to keep going. This shouldn't have been that for "this" movie "again".

I was upset with that part, not sure what the "snitch" role was in the movie either.

Can someone fill me in or make it make sense for me on why the "snitch" dude called Marcus??

Can someone also fill me in on when Mike (Michael) as she calls him, had this relationship in the past?? Was she or her character in any of the BBs movies?

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Movie was really good. But yall need to stop acting like it's better than the first 2 movies. It's not and that's ok. The story is better but the cinematography, comedy (Martin's sharpness in particular), overall epic feel is not on the level of the first 2 flicks. Martin was in rare form and in his prime those first 2 movies... He is still funny now but has clearly lost a step.

I felt that in this movie, I felt that his jokes or comic relief was off a bit, still chuckled at a few of the things he said, but it was like the shyt he said in Bad Boys 1, his mannerism in this vs the first one was not the same, age could play a part, but this Martin and his jokes/comic relief was like some SNL shyt vs in BB1 I felt like we got the real core Martin, his mannerism that he displayed on his show "Martin" and in other movies.

To me, This Martin was the same Martin as he was in the movie Life, In the movie Life, to me, I can tell that he's toning it down a bit and got into a serious tone and it's the same in Bad Boys 3, the same tone, "slow" drag out jokes, vs how he was just on top of it and "sharp" in Bad Boys 1

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Not really surprised that so many people loved the movie, but I thought it was a nearly entirely bad movie, and I went in good faith, to have fun and a few laughs. I got a few laughs, but no more, about 80% of the jokes don't really land, and the movie careens between absurd emotional responses, to absurd and entirely unbelievable action sequences. What is missing is the money, and Bay's technical style, though he is, in his own right, a terrible director.

This felt cheap, the direction was lacking, the script stale, and the laughable, probably offensive portrayal by Kate Del Castillo was awful. (I wrote some pages back on the tastelessness of Del Castillo's role, given her involvement with Chapo Guzman, but won't expand here) I won't pick apart the absurdity of the cartel and plot, that isn't fair in a movie like this, but at least, they could go a level or two higher. The script is drenched in cliches, and cannot recover from the awfulness of them. "The cartel is going to have back up". "He fights like me, he's ruthless like me". "Hasta la fuego". None of the emotional scenes are earned, and none of the action is interesting.

A literal pit of hell at the climax, to which the witch is thrown into? The son arch was predictable, yes, but thats forgivable, but how laughable that he is redeemed for what has to be at least a dozen murders or more in Miami, including the close friend of Smith's character. That's lazy and shallow, but I expect a largely passive audience will go for it. I don't blame Will or Martin, when they work, it's funny, but too often the script saddles them with bad lines and unfunny rants, and there is not even a semblance of believability to the entire spectacle.

Bad Boys had that, Bad Boys 2 had a semblance of it, Bad Boys For Life, so clearly follows the lead of franchises like Fast & Furious, where the world creation supersedes writing, acting plot, it's all just a circus show to hang a franchise, and hey that's the game, but a bad movie, is a bad movie. The scene where the one guy tackled a concrete pillar? That's all Fast and Furious style action. The movie also seemed to take a lot from the worst of the last two James Bond movies, that helicopter sequence, the son angle, the villan encaged in some sort of glass cell?

I watched most of Bad Boys 2 last night, and found that to be largely unenjoyable movie, but at least it looked good. The writing was worse than I remember, but the actors sold it better, and the wide frame action sequences, though stupefyingly boring, were at least not the caliber of a C list action movie. And there are some very funny comedic sequences that this movie lacks. I didn't remember how ugly it all was those, with the constant homophobia, and Bay's constant cruelty. But, it looked good.

This looked like an amateur director on a mid budget action movie. The hamfisted attempts to bring in current events (***** posts of killings going viral) go nowhere, and feel like the work of old white men, who are three news cycles behind the rest of us.

Joe Carnahan should not be writing jokes for Will and Martin. The ones that land "Fly together, die together', "I see why you dress like a drug dealer", "he's my uber driver", are funny, but the two are never allowed to breathe, the material seems drowned out by an inane and brutally dragged out plot, that never really generates any tension or suspense, on any level. An example of the movie not letting anything breathe is the Reggie plot. He's the mantle piece of one of the franchises funnier sequences, and what fun does the film have with him? A 5 second cameo and a near nonexistent scene at his own wedding.

Did anyone think Mike was going to die? No, of course not. The arbitrary "6 Months later", the fact that the local prosecutor and the DA were partying half naked on a yacht? I get it's Miami, but still. Another thing, I love Miami, gorgeous vibrant city, awash in culture, crime, violence, interesting people and beautiful scenery. Aside from a few stock shots of South Beach, and the opening, you get no sense of the city. Even the big nightclub scene doesn't really ring true.

In part, I have probably long outgrown these kinds of movies, for many reasons. I remember the first Bad Boys in 1995, when I was 10 or so, my friends and I lived for those kinds of movies. We bought toy guns and rifles from swap meets and shot at each other with air soft BB guns, for the love of those movies, and the violence they showed us. Now, I see running gunfights and car chases, as boring and tired. I went to see this because of how much Will shined in his BC interview, the movie is not worthy of his talents, even in his later years.

Last edited:

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
Not really surprised that so many people loved the movie, but I thought it was a nearly entirely bad movie, and I went in good faith, to have fun and a few laughs. I got a few laughs, but no more, about 80% of the jokes don't really land, and the movie careens between absurd emotional responses, to absurd and entirely unbelievable action sequences. What is missing is the money, and Bay's technical style, though he is, in his own right, a terrible director.

This felt cheap, the direction was lacking, the script stale, and the laughable, probably offensive portrayal by Kate Del Castillo was awful. I won't pick apart the absurdity of the cartel and plot, that isn't fair in a movie like this, but at least, they could go a level or two higher. The script is drenched in cliches, and cannot recover from the awfulness of them. "The cartel is going to have back up". "He fights like me, he's ruthless like me". "Hasta la fuego". None of the emotional scenes are earned, and none of the action is interesting.

A literal pit of hell at the climax, to which the witch is thrown into? The son arch was predictable, yes, but thats forgivable, but how laughable that he is redeemed for what has to be at least a dozen murders or more in Miami, including the close friend of Smith's character. That's lazy and shallow, but I expect a largely passive audience will go for it. I don't blame Will or Martin, when they work, it's funny, but too often the script saddles them with bad lines and unfunny rants, and there is not even a semblance of believability to the entire spectacle.

Bad Boys had that, Bad Boys 2 had a semblance of it, Bad Boys For Life, so clearly follows the lead of franchises like Fast & Furious, where the world creation supersedes writing, acting plot, it's all just a circus show to hang a franchise, and hey that's the game, but a bad movie, is a bad movie. The scene where the one guy tackled a concrete pillar? That's all Fast and Furious style action. The movie also seemed to take a lot from the worst of the last two James Bond movies, that helicopter sequence, the son angle, the villan encaged in some sort of glass cell?

I watched most of Bad Boys 2 last night, and found that to be largely unenjoyable movie, but at least it looked good. The writing was worse than I remember, but the actors sold it better, and the wide frame action sequences, though stupefyingly boring, were at least not the caliber of a C list action movie. And there are some very funny comedic sequences that this movie lacks. I didn't remember how ugly it all was those, with the constant homophobia, and Bay's constant cruelty. But, it looked good.

This looked like an amateur director on a mid budget action movie. The hamfisted attempts to bring in current events (***** posts of killings going viral) go nowhere, and feel like the work of old white men, who are three news cycles behind the rest of us.

Joe Carnahan should not be writing jokes for Will and Martin. The ones that land "Fly together, die together', "I see why you dress like a drug dealer", "he's my uber driver", are funny, but the two are never allowed to breathe, the material seems drowned out by an inane and brutally dragged out plot, that never really generates any tension or suspense, on any level.

Did anyone think Mike was going to die? No, of course not. The arbitrary "6 Months later", the fact that the local prosecutor and the DA were partying half naked on a yacht? I get it's Miami, but still. Another thing, I love Miami, gorgeous vibrant city, awash in culture, crime, violence, interesting people and beautiful scenery. Aside from a few stock shots of South Beach, and the opening, you get no sense of the city. Even the big nightclub scene doesn't really ring true.

In part, I have probably long outgrown these kinds of movies, for many reasons. I remember the first Bad Boys in 1995, when I was 10 or so, my friends and I lived for those kinds of movies. We bought toy guns and rifles from swap meets and shot at each other with air soft BB guns, for the love of those movies, and the violence they showed us. Now, I see running gunfights and car chases, as boring and tired. I went to see this because of how much Will shined in his BC interview, the movie is not worthy of his talents, even in his later years.
nobody trying to read this essay :dahell:

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

This felt cheap, the direction was lacking, the script stale, and the laughable, probably offensive portrayal by Kate Del Castillo was awful. I won't pick apart the absurdity of the cartel and plot, that isn't fair in a movie like this, but at least, they could go a level or two higher. The script is drenched in cliches, and cannot recover from the awfulness of them. "The cartel is going to have back up". "He fights like me, he's ruthless like me". "Hasta la fuego". None of the emotional scenes are earned, and none of the action is interesting.

Joe Carnahan should not be writing jokes for Will and Martin. The ones that land "Fly together, die together', "I see why you dress like a drug dealer", "he's my uber driver", are funny, but the two are never allowed to breathe, the material seems drowned out by an inane and brutally dragged out plot, that never really generates any tension or suspense, on any level.

Took the words right outta my mouth..

Everything you mentioned for me is right on point.

If Marcus is retired, why does a "snitch" or whoever dude was that called Marcus even have his number? Maybe I missed that part but how and why would he call "Marcus"

The son angle was just, I don't know, too much. I was like "gtf outta here" I miss 1995

moniemane

Pro
Supporter
Daps

This felt cheap, the direction was lacking, the script stale, and the laughable, probably offensive portrayal by Kate Del Castillo was awful. (I wrote some pages back on the tastelessness of Del Castillo's role, given her involvement with Chapo Guzman, but won't expand here) I won't pick apart the absurdity of the cartel and plot, that isn't fair in a movie like this, but at least, they could go a level or two higher. The script is drenched in cliches, and cannot recover from the awfulness of them. "The cartel is going to have back up". "He fights like me, he's ruthless like me". "Hasta la fuego". None of the emotional scenes are earned, and none of the action is interesting.

Once you said homophobia when it was just gay jokes like all the other jokes I can't take this serious at all.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
If 1 is an objectively bad movie, which I don't think it is, (the direction, stylized violence, and more importantly the acting, remove it from this category, to me) than the obvious conclusion is that Bad Boys 4 Life is unwatchable. Martin and Will have never been funnier together than Bad Boys, and Teo Leoni and all the supporting players were good.

That said, yes, it is a nearly bad movie. The ridiculous romantic comedy style sub plot of mistaken identity is preposterous, and foolish, the plot is nonsense, but the style, after all, it is pretty much an admitted Miami Vice retread, is what it did best. The second has style, though bloated, and increasingly ugly, but the third has none, and none of the things that made the first two watchable. I would take about less than 5 minutes from the movie that are funny.

Last edited:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
If 1 is an objectively bad movie, which I don't think it is, (the direction, stylized violence, and more importantly the acting, remove it from this category, to me) than the obvious conclusion is that Bad Boys 4 Life is unwatchable. Martin and Will have never been funnier together than Bad Boys, and Teo Leoni and all the supporting players were good.

That said, yes, it is a nearly bad movie. The ridiculous romantic comedy style sub plot of mistaken identity is preposterous, and foolish, the plot is nonsense, but the style, after all, it is pretty much an admitted Miami Vice retread, is what it is. The second has style, though bloated, and increasingly ugly, but the third has none, and none of the things that made the first two watchable. I would take about less than 5 minutes from the movie that are funny.
You are in the vast majority my guy