Official Bad Boys For Life Thread

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Can't really just write off Will as "only Fresh Prince outside of music". Will was the first rapper to win a Grammy and Fresh Prince was a Top 20 show in ratings (in all TV, in all demos) for two years. There's a reason why he was the lead in Bad Boys even if it's a "two stars" movie. Will was a crossover star in two huge ways already.

Martin was a supporting actor in some successful movies, a popular stand-up (in a certain demo) with a popular show (in a certain demo) while Will was the face of a very successful recording group and one of the most popular TV shows around.

I know about the Grammy, just didnt feel the need to make my post longer. Thought it was enough to say "outside of music".

Not disgreeing with u but i did say that Will had the bigger show. He was on a show on a bigger network who even
broadcast internationally. So in that sense yeah.

Martin had small roles (or supporting), but still in big movies. Will barely had that. It wasnt until "Independance Day" his star as an actor
started to shine.

Maybe u could say Martin was hotter to everybody not white? Based on Will having crossed over more?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I know about the Grammy, just didnt feel the need to make my post longer. Thought it was enough to say "outside of music".

Not disgreeing with u but i did say that Will had the bigger show. He was on a show on a bigger network who even

Martin had small roles (or supporting), but still in big movies. Will barely had that. It wasnt until "Independance Day" his star as an actor
started to shine.

Maybe u could say Martin was hotter to everybody not white? Based on Will having crossed over more?
I think what you can say for Martin, is that if this movie flopped his career was more solid in a number of different directions. Will was the bigger star, but with the show coming to an end and the Fresh Prince/Jazzy Jeff era done musically, if Bad Boys isn't a hit and he doesn't establish himself as a viable movie star it's easy to wonder what the fukk he would have done.

He'd probably have been in another sitcom in a few years. It's Bad Boys and ID4 that give him the platform to come back musically as a reinvented solo act after they're hits.

Martins spot in the business was already secure whereas Will was two dry years away from being another former hit TV show hasbeen.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

started to shine.

Put it like this..nobody Black ever thought Will was funnier than Martin Lawrence..not anywhere. Martin is just more charismatic and always has been. Quincy Jones gave Smith that show to save his Hollywood career.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Are they gonna redo Michael Bay's Legendary spin shot?

giphy.gif

image.gif

Check out the original Trailer for Bad Boys 1. Legendary shyt.

Bay ain't directing :camby:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think what you can say for Martin, is that if this movie flopped his career was more solid in a number of different directions. Will was the bigger star, but with the show coming to an end and the Fresh Prince/Jazzy Jeff era done musically, if Bad Boys isn't a hit and he doesn't establish himself as a viable movie star it's easy to wonder what the fukk he would have done.

He'd probably have been in another sitcom in a few years. It's Bad Boys and ID4 that give him the platform to come back musically as a reinvented solo act after they're hits.

Martins spot in the business was already secure whereas Will was two dry years away from being another former hit TV show hasbeen.

Will would have been good regardless. Fresh Prince is the biggest thing he's ever done in his career if Will never did Bad Boys he would have still been good. He was always on the right page with being an actor that tapped into sci fi and that was his formula. I credit that to the fact his career being so big. Before him nikkaz weren't in leading roles in Sci fi movies like that. With Martin being a black comedian in movies was common theme he had more competition in his era with Chris tucker, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy and Bernie Mac so it was hard for him to carve his lane for big movie success.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I wasn’t sure this would even get finished filming.

I gotta say I’m surprised. This shyt here looks better than a 2nd sequel to a buddy cop action flick from almost 25 years ago has any right to be.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I forgot dudes name was Burnett, which was Sonny Crockett's alias in Miami Vice.

The plot was so absurd on that first one. Never mind the second.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Guys Martin had Top Billing on "Bad Boys" not Will. Martin got the higher salary as well because he was the Writer and Co-Creator of his own show. "Fresh Prince" was bigger in ratings but Will did not create or write on the show at that time like Martin did for his. Also Will's acting at that time wasn't that great though he grew into a strong Actor. Martin charisma alone was getting him roles left and right. It was Martin that recommended to bring Will on and Will said he's forever grateful because "Bad Boys" literally got him the deals for "independence Day" and "Men in Black" after it blew. Martin was in much more movies at the point ("House Party 1 & 2", "Boomerang", "Do The Right Thing", "Talkin Dirty after Dark" and his standup "You So Crazy"). Yes Will was known for music but not really in the acting department and only had a few movies at that point in supporting roles ("Where the day Takes You", "Six Degrees of Separation" and "Made in America").

By the time you got to "Bad Boys II", Will had exploded at the box office and they both negotiated 20 Million salary apiece and shared Co-Starring Billing (Though Martin name was first again). Will is getting more for "Bad Boys For Life" because he's an executive producer as well and it's coming out on his "Overbrook" studio. I still think Martin probably got his 15-20 Million still to come back and Will is still in his 20+ Million range. But "Bad Boys For Life" is the 1st movie that Will has officially Top Billing over Martin though again their Co-Starring. Check out this video from their 1st week of shooting. Also people need to let Martin live. He's in his Mid-50's, so what he gained a little weight. He's not even that big for his age. I remember when Part 2 dropped people were saying he got bigger too. It's just we are so used to Martin's image from the 90's where he was super skinny. It's 25 years later. Will of course has stayed in shape his whole career.

Based on the story synopsis, Marcus is now retired and a Private Detective. This lines up with the previous films as his Wife Teresa has been trying to get him to retire for 2 straight movies basically. Remember, Marcus unlike Mike is a family man with 3 Kids. They are all probably college age now (Wonder is his daughter still with Reggie, lol). From what I can tell, Mike obviously pulls a rusty Marcus out of retirement for one last ride.

OK, I've gotten some new info that I was slightly off with the synopsis. Martin isn't a private Detective but a Private Inspector. This is like a desk job on the force. Him and Will aren't retired yet but after this Job, Martin says that he wants to officially retire. There is also something about a Romanian Mob Boss seeking revenge for the death of his Brother. The first Bad Guy Fuchet was French. Part 2 it was Johnny Tapia was Cuban. The 3 young cops singing the song at the end (Vanessa Hudgens) of the trailer are apart of a Police Task Force. But yes overall Marcus is not in the field doing action anymore. He's a regular desk cop in this version before Will ask him to go on this last ride.

Last edited: