Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
hnmqd9s2eip81.jpg

I was looking for the title knowing how they get creative with it .... :salute:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This team Donald Glover has....god damn:wow:

This nikka needs to start writing and producing movies. We hungry outchea.

Great writers are the key to any successful show.

And the fact that his writers are mostly black and smart AND creative >>>>>>>>>>>

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Not even just that.....Santa Claus had a black homie?????? :wtf: dead: mjpls: :mindblown: :mjlol:

Yo that shyt is real in Amsterdam. Its been a big issue the last few years. Always pops up at Christmas.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. fukk... Lowkey making fun of ASAP Rocky. Once I figured out the first episode I was feeling sick. I couldn't believe they did an episode on thise kids. The Tupac scene had me and my wife both in fukking tears. We couldn't believe what the fukk we were watching. That might be the wildest moment ever in the shows history. I'm still shocked. Last night's ep was good. Van just pushing people like they ain't shyt. For some reason I though the balding dude was Ed Sheerhan. I had to take an anxiety break in between episodes.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
if those kids were white that story would have an HBO documentary about it already.

glad that Donald and Stephen at least brought it back up, especially since white liberal critics love this show.
Yup. They made sure to :mjpls: them knowing some would get in their feelings

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Facts but why does every black show gotta be so heavy handed. nikkas just wanna laugh sometimes dog. We know the issues cacs know the issues. Ain’t shii gonna change. Black people always gotta be worried about cacs perception. Shii seems like Brody just tryna make white people uncomfortable lol. The tone shift was weird after bro got the spotlight after the Emmy’s. Like bro on a mission to troll cacs for liking the show on some minstrel shyt.
There are PLENTY of black shows and avenues out there for nonsensical comedy. Alotta times we find humor in the face of adversity and at times hopelessness.
The show does a fantastic job imo of covering all spectrums with creativity, genius, silliness, reality, dread, and hope. All while making you think.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are PLENTY of black shows and avenues out there for nonsensical comedy. Alotta times we find humor in the face of adversity and at times hopelessness.
The show does a fantastic job imo of covering all spectrums with creativity, genius, silliness, reality, dread, and hope. All while making you think.
Crazy thing is, you got a show like Bust Down, a black show on some Always Sunny shyt and people complain that it’s too goofy

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Nah I just feeling like dealing with race related topics via tv kinda trivializes it. Entertainment and reality shouldn’t mix.

You have to include those elements because then ppl wouldn’t consider it a “black show”. It shouldn’t represent the program at its entirety, but little spots just so you remember it’s a black show.

Every black show has a little spots of this. From Fresh Prince to Insecure.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Yo that shyt is real in Amsterdam. Its been a big issue the last few years. Always pops up at Christmas.

Watched the first 3 episodes last night. fukk... Lowkey making fun of ASAP Rocky. Once I figured out the first episode I was feeling sick. I couldn't believe they did an episode on thise kids. The Tupac scene had me and my wife both in fukking tears. We couldn't believe what the fukk we were watching. That might be the wildest moment ever in the shows history. I'm still shocked. Last night's ep was good. Van just pushing people like they ain't shyt. For some reason I though the balding dude was Ed Sheerhan. I had to take an anxiety break in between episodes.
Please go on i was high as shyt when i watched it…what kids? Like was it based on real events? I was just confused why after 3 1/2 years off we dont get any of the stars on the show lol.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
based on reality is not the same thing as trying to replicate reality which this show is doing.

some themes aren’t for tv.
Don’t know what’s hard to understand

As a black creator who is on a mainstream platform, you would be doing the biggest disservice by not showcasing these stories. Now you’ve opened a realm of conversations about the horrors of child services and how they are positioning kids (specifically black children) in these homes.

That’s probably one of the most powerful ways to protest and create change. You don’t have to touch everybody. Just plant a seed in one person to change the direction of their life.