Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

Daps
On one hand, I feel 2Pac at this point is used as a punchline but once they started playing Hail Mary :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

I thought Darius was gone off the weed when he said, "that's Tupac"

Had me :laff: when it turned out that it really WAS Tupac.

I thought Darius or Van would save him instead of letting him go out like that tho :laff:

I love the universe Glover created. Justin Bieber is black, Drake is Mexican, and Tupac is alive. Well... he was, at least :pachaha:

Daps
Only thing I didnt like about episode 1 was after all that, he makes it back home and his mother is still being an a$$hole.

I'm not even trying to say anything is wrong with it... but white folks tend to give themselves away with posts like this. Most black children know that WAS love that the mother showed at the end cause that was how our own mothers showed us love. White folks got grounded and put in the corner while we would get the taste slapped from our mouths if we acted up. You're proving Glovers point ironically. You see a black mother being loving to her son the way she has to be in a white controlled country and you think she's being abusive just like the white teacher on the show thought the mother was being abusive. Can't make this up.

Glover is trying to hand yall a mirror and you still can't see it :deadmanny:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Earn awaking from the dream in my opinion is a parable for how the season is going to go. Similar to how the opening of Robbin Season set the tone for how the second season went.

Atlanta at its core has been an exploration of Black People’s relation to and experiences within a white dominated society (United States) Season 3 will be an exploration of black people’s relation to and experiences within a white dominated WORLD. Europe represents the wider world. And in the wider world there is racism, prejudice, misunderstanding, stereotyping, and contradiction. But just as Earn awoke upon Loquareeous‘s safe return home so to can black people awake and overcome the adversity that we’ve been dealing with for over 400 years.

Season 3 will ultimately be more hopeful than season 2 was. There will be more triumph for both Earn and Alfred and by proxy Vanessa and Darius.
:ohhh: Cracked the code already. I remember you saying you not Donald or Stephen.:usure: But you definitely in they camp. Don’t lie this time Big Zig :ufdup:
:lolbron:

EDIT: Actually I remember you never refuting being Stephen. It’s ok, you don’t gotta tell nobody :salute:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not even trying to say anything is wrong with it... but white folks tend to give themselves away with posts like this. Most black children know that WAS love that the mother showed at the end cause that was how our own mothers showed us love. White folks got grounded and put in the corner while we would get the taste slapped from our mouths if we acted up. You're proving Glovers point ironically. You see a black mother being loving to her son the way she has to be in a white controlled country and you think she's being abusive just like the white teacher on the show thought the mother was being abusive. Can't make this up.

Glover is trying to hand yall a mirror and you still can't see it :deadmanny:
Not white but ok.

would’ve just been nice to see her soften her stance :yeshrug:

Daps
Not white but ok.

would’ve just been nice to see her soften her stance :yeshrug:

You may not be white, but my point still stands. Most black ppl (unless it's these nu blacks out here) understood everything that happened in that episode and it all made sense to us.

Most Black ppl throughout America share a lot of commonalities when it comes to the demeanor of our parents. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:ohhh: Cracked the code already. I remember you saying you not Donald or Stephen.:usure: But you definitely in they camp. Don’t lie this time Big Zig :ufdup:
:lolbron:

EDIT: Actually I remember you never refuting being Stephen. It’s ok, you don’t gotta tell nobody :salute:
Lmao. I’m not Stephen nor anybody connected to the Glover/Gambino camp.

I make my own scripted content so when you are in a similar field its easy to look into things like foreshadowing, theme, message, and intent.

Also if you read any Donald Glover or Stephen Glover interviews, they basically give you the blueprint themselves. Donald said back in 2016 that the thesis of the series was to explain what it means to be black. So episodes like B.A.N/Juneteenth from season 1 or Teddy Perkins/FUBU from season 2 are right up that ally. The brothers Glover are masters at taking ordinary occurrences that WE live in everyday life and presenting it to the world in a way that is easy to digest. Thats why when you read reviews these white people are like :krs: losing their minds while we the black viewers are just happy that the TRUTH is being conveyed on screen.

Donald also said that Seasons 1-3 would follow a similar trajectory to Kanye’s first three albums. So if we go by that what do we get?

Season 1 = College Dropout- Ambitious, epic, unlike anything we’ve ever seen/heard before. A true breath of fresh air and the introduction of a genius in his field.

Season 2= Late Registration- ups the ante in ambition and scope. Darker. Talks more about family and the pressures of fame (Think about songs like Roses as it relates to episodes like FUBU)

Season 3= Graduation- Bold. Triumphant. A master at his creative peak making art that hits on all cylinders. Kanye wanted to make an album that was anthemic, that he could perform in stadiums around the world. That would take him “beyond” Hip Hop and make him a pop star. Season 3 is a global adventure, a season that takes us “beyond” Atlanta and explores bigger stories and themes from, not just black America, but the universal black diaspora.

ALL of this was planned since the beginning .

Last edited:

RARI_Godwind

St. BAWGustine - DarkSkxxxn
Daps
Lmao. I’m not Stephen nor anybody connected to the Glover/Gambino camp.

I make my own scripted content so when you are in a similar field its easy to look into things like foreshadowing, theme, message, and intent.

Also if you read any Donald Glover or Stephen Glover interviews, they basically give you the blueprint themselves. Donald said back in 2016 that the thesis of the series was to explain what it means to be black. So episodes like B.A.N/Juneteenth from season 1 or Teddy Perkins/FUBU from season 2 are right up that ally. The brothers Glover are masters at taking ordinary occurrences that WE live in everyday life and presenting it to the world in a way that is easy to digest. Thats why when you read reviews these white people are like :krs: losing their minds while we the black viewers are just happy that the TRUTH is being conveyed on screen.

Donald also said that Seasons 1-3 would follow a similar trajectory to Kanye’s first three albums. So if we go by that what do we get?

Season 1 = College Dropout- Ambitious, epic, unlike anything we’ve ever seen/heard before. A true breath of fresh air and the introduction of a genius in his field.

Season 2= Late Registration- ups the ante in ambition and scope. Darker. Talks more about family and the pressures of fame (Think about songs like Roses as it relates to episodes like FUBU)

Season= Graduation- Bold. Triumphant. A master at his creative peak making art that hits on all cylinders. Kanye wanted to make an album that was anthemic, that he could perform in stadiums around the world. That would take him “beyond” Hip Hop and make him a pop star. Season 3 is a global adventure, a season that takes us “beyond” Atlanta and explores bigger stories and themes from, not just black America, but the universal black diaspora.

ALL of this was planned since the beginning .
:wow: @Ziggiy coming through with the high level, damn near journalistic analysis:
cover1.jpg

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the chic killed her. showed her come back in the house disheveled and it showed her clipboard on top of a bag that certainly had her body in it
Yep the dcfs lady’s murder and all the debt they were in is why they decided to runaway and commit the murder/suicide.