Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

BigBlackSea

All Star
Daps
Might be looking too deep into it but it seems like this season has a ''sleeping theme'' to it.

Episode 1 Black kid has a bad nightmare

Episode 2: Episode 2 ends with Earn falling asleep
Earn sick = Covid analogy, could the season end with him in a coma:ohhh:?

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
Man, it’s so crazy he would do all this and still married a white woman :mjlol:

Cacs will not like this season. It appears Donald Glover recognized the pull he had and good favor he built up over his career to sketch in stone that it’s 2 seasons or no seasons. Mf said he has something to say.

I honestly feel like he had this sht orchestrated from day one. Got white people nice and comfy with him until he could unleash his magnum Black opus. If this how he coming with 2 full seasons locked, loaded and paid for? Oh maaaaan!!!:mjlol:These Cacs are in trouble. :mjlol:

All the allusions to real life events y’all picking up on, y’all missing one: Gambino is a mastermind, fck a btch to pass the time.
That’s literally how ep1 ends and ep2 begins

Im more interested in how everything will be received more so than the actual show lol. This is a culture shifter.:wow:
As long as WE receive it - he's good. It gives pause however to think that perhaps, just perhaps, one could be married out of the culture and remain totally connect to it and represent.
Glover and cast are poignant, intelligent, and creative without being "preachy woke".
I love this show and it was worth the wait.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
The show is excellent breh but cacs and people in general don't look at media like that

it's just entertainment at the end of the day. Not liberation.
Man, it’s so crazy he would do all this and still married a white woman :mjlol:

Cacs will not like this season. It appears Donald Glover recognized the pull he had and good favor he built up over his career to sketch in stone that it’s 2 seasons or no seasons. Mf said he has something to say.

I honestly feel like he had this sht orchestrated from day one. Got white people nice and comfy with him until he could unleash his magnum Black opus. If this how he coming with 2 full seasons locked, loaded and paid for? Oh maaaaan!!!:mjlol:These Cacs are in trouble. :mjlol:

All the allusions to real life events y’all picking up on, y’all missing one: Gambino is a mastermind, fck a btch to pass the time.
That’s literally how ep1 ends and ep2 begins

Im more interested in how everything will be received more so than the actual show lol. This is a culture shifter.:wow:

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Bruh the point of the Tupac death scene ain’t no long winded explanation it’s about how people see nikkas dying/black pain as entertainment.

Gangsta rap = Black Death Entertainment

Tupac started that shift @ a high level.

Glad you explained it breh cause I got most of episode 1 and 2 but the Pac part had me lost.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is not a filler at all... the fact it leads immediately into the next episode, you can honestly say this is just a prologue to that episode. The REAL question is why Earn had that dream?

Earn awaking from the dream in my opinion is a parable for how the season is going to go. Similar to how the opening of Robbin Season set the tone for how the second season went.

Atlanta at its core has been an exploration of Black People’s relation to and experiences within a white dominated society (United States) Season 3 will be an exploration of black people’s relation to and experiences within a white dominated WORLD. Europe represents the wider world. And in the wider world there is racism, prejudice, misunderstanding, stereotyping, and contradiction. But just as Earn awoke upon Loquareeous‘s safe return home so to can black people awake and overcome the adversity that we’ve been dealing with for over 400 years.

Season 3 will ultimately be more hopeful than season 2 was. There will be more triumph for both Earn and Alfred and by proxy Vanessa and Darius.