Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
and i'm tryin to figure out what that satirizing/mocking and i'm sure there's elements of that story of that one adopted black kid who was in the viral picture of him hugging the cops. He had that same type of hat on that the kid in the show has one. the adopted parents were two white ladies mamas, who eventually killed him and the other adopted kids smh. I'll keep watching and see if i'm right

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
They were literally putting in the spotlight what white people do :gucci:they value pets over anything else, they can’t cook, they stereotype the hell out of black folks, aren’t concerned with black concerns, and live in a complete bubble
So with social media and it being 2022 none of these stories were never in the "spotlight":usure:They are just glamorizing and turning the stories into entertainment at this point.
Do we see Jewish people taking antisemitic stories out the headlines to make them into episodes for their own people to find entertaining?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode 2 is titled Sinterklaas is Coming to Town.

Google Sinterklaas and the episode will make more sense. I'm not posting the images:francis:

08_St._Nikolaas_bij_een_Snoeper.png

The Saint Nicholas tradition contains a number of elements that are not ecclesiastical in origin.[16][17] In medieval iconography, Saint Nicholas is sometimes presented as taming a chained demon, who may or may not be black. However, no hint of a companion, demon, servant, or any other human or human-like fixed companion to the Saint is found in visual and textual sources from the Netherlands from the 16th until the 19th century.[18] According to a long-standing theory first proposed by Karl Meisen,[19] Zwarte Piet and his equivalents in Germanic Europe were originally presented as one or more enslaved demons forced to assist their captor. These chained and fire-scorched demons may have been redeveloped as black-skinned humans during the early 19th-century in the Netherlands in the likeness of Moors who work as servants for Saint Nicholas.[20] Others believe Zwarte Piet to be a continuation of a custom in which people with blackface appeared in winter solstice rituals.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Another thing that shouldn’t go unnoticed is the refusal from almost ANYONE to listen to and believe black boys.

-Loquareeous wasn’t dancing to impress his white class mates. He was dancing because he was celebrating being able to see Black Panther 2 (in effect he was celebrating black excellence) when he tried to tell his mother and Grandfather he wasn’t believed.

-Loquareeous did NOT call CPS on his mother. But when he tried to tell her that, he wasn’t believed.

-Loquareeous told Amber (white lesbian) that the house stank. He wasn’t believed.

-Loquareeous told Amber & Gayle the food they prepared was unsanitary and would make him sick. He wasn’t believed, even when he GOT SICK

-Loquareeous told Amber and Gayle both several times that he was hungry. He wasn’t believed

-Loquareeous told the cop he was being abused. He wasn’t believed.

Only AFTER the CPS lady showed up to the house, saw the filthy living conditions, the lesbian couples strange behavior, the young black girl fatima’s sickness, AND Loquareeous‘s emaciated physical condition was he finally believed. How does this mirror real life? Black men’s issues and problems dealing with the system of white supremacy are RARELY taken seriously UNTIL one of us winds up severely hurt or dead. The issues with police brutality against black boys and men wasn’t taken seriously for DECADES until several young black men were MURDERED ON CAMERA at the hands of police. Black men on the whole in society have been programmed to “toughen” up and bear there mistreatment. Only to be taken seriously when we commit suicide or lash out. A lot of black men are not believed until in some, shape, or fashion its too late.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
So that was the CPS lady's clipboard in the trash L was looking at outside before he got in the car.:mjcry:He knew she got merked and it was up to him alone to save the day.
The look on L's face when he heard leftovers.:salute:Mom's spaghetti.
Those last 3 minutes is exactly how it would have played out in my house.:yeshrug:Black mom can't be the father to her son, so only way to learn is to let him learn himself.
:ufdup:They went overboard with stereotype bs, but I'll let it slide cause ep 2 shows how deep racism runs through history.

Last edited:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I swear I’ve seen at least 1 different individual person refer damn near every episode of this show as a “filler episode”. The term is practically worthless at this point regarding Atlanta. The episodes have always been self contained for the most part minus rare occurrences. There really isn’t such thing a “filler episode” with this show.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Another thing that shouldn’t go unnoticed is the refusal from almost ANYONE to listen to and believe black boys.

-Loquareeous wasn’t dancing to impress his white class mates. He was dancing because he was celebrating being able to see Black Panther 2 (in effect he was celebrating black excellence) when he tried to tell his mother and Grandfather he wasn’t believed.

-Loquareeous did NOT call CPS on his mother. But when he tried to tell her that, he wasn’t believed.

-Loquareeous told Amber (white lesbian) that the house stank. He wasn’t believed.

-Loquareeous told Amber & Gayle the food they prepared was unsanitary and would make him sick. He wasn’t believed, even when he GOT SICK

-Loquareeous told Amber and Gayle both several times that he was hungry. He wasn’t believed

-Loquareeous told the cop he was being abused. He wasn’t believed.

Only AFTER the CPS lady showed up to the house, saw the filthy living conditions, the lesbian couples strange behavior, the young black girl fatima’s sickness, AND Loquareeous‘s emaciated physical condition was he finally believed. How does this mirror real life? Black men’s issues and problems dealing with the system of white supremacy are RARELY taken seriously UNTIL one of us winds up severely hurt or dead. The issues with police brutality against black boys and men wasn’t taken seriously for DECADES until several young black men were MURDERED ON CAMERA at the hands of police. Black men on the whole in society have been programmed to “toughen” up and bear there mistreatment. Only to be taken seriously when we commit suicide or lash out. A lot of black men are not believed until in some, shape, or fashion its too late.
I agree with this. And to add on there is a real problem with white society ensuring the black man is the least trusted. Look how easily we see black icons and legends thrown under the bus by white media before conviction. A woman can call 911 on a black man for anything and chances are he's getting arrested and charged even if it was a lie.

The intro talks about the city under water with black wealth. A place like black wall street that got destroyed by white people. History shows us they don't want us to trust and believe in ourselves and our community. That's why we got haters haters haters as L put it and it needs to change. The start of that is creating MORE BLACK BANKS and investing in them. That is where the trust lies with the black man that needs to be restored. Trusting him with your money like you trust the white man.

Last edited:

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
I swear I’ve seen at least 1 different individual person refer damn near every episode of this show as a “filler episode”. The term is practically worthless at this point regarding Atlanta. The episodes have always been self contained for the most part minus rare occurrences. There really isn’t such thing a “filler episode” with this show.
Even Atlanta filler episodes hold weight and are some of the best. And by filler I just meant it didn't move the main story cause no characters are in it. But I still give it a solid 4/5 for the vision.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
and i'm tryin to figure out what that satirizing/mocking and i'm sure there's elements of that story of that one adopted black kid who was in the viral picture of him hugging the cops. He had that same type of hat on that the kid in the show has one. the adopted parents were two white ladies mamas, who eventually killed him and the other adopted kids smh. I'll keep watching and see if i'm right
More or less with a happier ending