Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Donald Glover is a genius
so are u sir

bow-down-worthy.gif

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watching episode 1, I see the show’s penchant for showing black folks as ghetto and ignorant is still alive and well :unimpressed: hopefully it comes together as the episode goes on. What mother would just give her son up like that :comeon:.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
Watching episode 1, I see the show’s penchant for showing black folks as ghetto and ignorant is still alive and well :unimpressed: hopefully it comes together as the episode goes on. What mother would just give her son up like that :comeon:.
It's showing how spanking and disciplining your kids is illegal now. Kids used to get spanked and that kept them in line. Now white people won't tolerate black parents doing it. Hell, my mom would have probably reacted similar back in the day if I tried to go against her rules just to show she ain't playing.:snoop:And she's Jamaican. Would have probably kicked me out for dancing on the school desk alone.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's showing how spanking and disciplining your kids is illegal now. Kids used to get spanked and that kept them in line. Now white people won't tolerate black parents doing it. Hell, my mom would have probably reacted similar back in the day if I tried to go against her rules just to show she ain't playing.:snoop:And she's Jamaican. Would have probably kicked me out for dancing on the school desk alone.
I definitely understand that, my issue is what mother would willingly throw her child out of the house like that into the hands of the state and police officers, which she clearly didn’t trust? She goes from “I’m not letting y’all put my son in special classes” to “go ahead and take him?” Please. It’s lazy writing and meant to appeal to those who stereotype black people.

He always makes black people seem stupid, ignorant and trashy. Been happening since season 1. I’m not enjoying this episode at all and I’m THOROUGHLY familiar with the Hart family story and Lake Lanier lore.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
careful shyt probably based on a true story:francis::hamster:
The Hart family kids we’re from a drug addicted mother who cleaned up at a point and tried to get them back. Other family members also tried to get them back multiple times.

To make it seem like they came from some ghetto momma who just wanted to have fun and curse at her kids, like this episode did, is trash to me.

OJ Simpsom

Superstar
Daps
She goes from “I’m not letting y’all put my son in special classes” to “go ahead and take him?” Please. It’s lazy writing and meant to appeal to those who stereotype black people.

He always makes black people seem stupid, ignorant and trashy. Been happening since season 1. I’m not enjoying this episode at all and I’m THOROUGHLY familiar with the Hart family story and Lake Lanier lore.
From the boat intro, I was starting to think this too. I'll let the episode finish though because I saw ep 2 last night and it was over the top racist, but still artistic and entertaining. This shyt is playing out like a horror film that Peele would jerk off to.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From the boat intro, I was starting to think this too. I'll let the episode finish though because I saw ep 2 last night and it was over the top racist, but still artistic and entertaining. This shyt is playing out like a horror film that Peele would jerk off to.
That’s fair, I’m going to finish it and also episode 2. Just not feeling it so far