Official 'Atlanta' Season 3 Thread

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Damn I was thinking Season 3 was the last season. I was and maybe should still interested this season 3 as Glover and crew's swan song.

I like stuff like that. Sad, solemn and fun with a sense of closure.

Asicz

Daps
Why do I feel like the people saying they don't feel this season are the same people that say Chris Rock's special "Tamborine" wasn't funny.

No shots tho, well I mean kinda... lol

Last edited:

Asicz

Daps
what’s the name off that old movie when basically the races are reversed and white are poor struggling etc.... I think it has John travolta :patrice:
White Man's Burden. (I literally put the whole coli on to the movie because it was dope)

Wale made a similar theme music video called "Sue Me"

Asicz

Daps
leo-police.gif
They weren't reference that they were referencing Joe Budden chasing those fans who were harnessing him.

Asicz

Daps
Yo I think I'm feeling the episodes without Earn and crew more than the episodes with them for season 3.

But the episodes probably inform each other together in a way. Or not.

Last edited:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo I think I'm feeling the episodes without Earn and crew more than the episodes with them.

But the episodes probably inform each other together in a way. Or not.

im the opposite, Al and Darius are the reason I watch this show. When they aren’t on screen it’s hard for me to stay engaged…doesn’t matter what the topic is, I’m just not that interested in watching.

I’ll watch because I’m invested and been waiting so long for this shyt, but I’m usually like half ass paying attention

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Episode 1 was incredible- extremely poignant and topical.

What I loved the best was how, in ONE episode, Donald Glover and the creative team were able to subtly highlight the hypocrisy of white "supremacy".

The white lesbian couple's house was a mess, in contrast Loquareeous's mother house was clean.

The white lesbian couple was of course two white women running a household. In Loquareeous household there was a black male (the grandfather) present

The white lesbians couldn't cook and had very little food. In Loquareeous's house his mother kept food at the ready

While Loquareeous silently groans at eating his mother's leftover spaghetti, it is healthy. The food the white lesbians DO provide makes Loquareeous sick

The white lesbians told Loquareeous that Police and other whites were to be trusted. Loquareeous mother stressed to him the dangers of being around white people.

The white lesbians encouraged Loquareeous to dance and act as a clown for their amusement. Loquareeous's mother did not want him shucking and jiving

When CPS initially come to Loquareeous's house, the mother is angered and does not want to let them in. The irony is that Loquareeous's mother was so abrasive because she had NOTHING to hide. She was who she was and her method of raising her son was to look out for his best interest. In contrast the white lesbians allowed the CPS worker into their home with little fuss BECAUSE they were trying to keep up a facade.

The white lesbians never hit Loquareeous but they kept him malnourished, uncleaned, unkempt, and forced him into physical labor. Loquareeous Grandfather used corporal punishment in the form of the titular "three slaps" but kept him fed, clothed, cleaned, and he's never shown doing any household chores whatsoever while in the home.

The white lesbians adopted child after child. Even when it was clear they were financially unable to properly care for so many children they kept taking on more. Loquareeous was the only child in his mother's household.

The White Lesbians brow beat Loquareeous into questioning his thought process, constantly spoke down to him, and constantly questioned his intelligence. Loquareeous's mother emphatically dismissed any and all attempts to question her son's intellect or ability to learn.

Loquareeous is shown at home watching a particularly violent sequence of the animated series American Dad. Many times when it comes to critiquing black households the saying is that the parents aren't hands on enough and that television is "raising" the kids, leading to violent proclivities. However in the end it is the white lesbians, with their "hands on" parenting style, that are a danger Loquareeous's and the other children's well being.

Loquareeous's mother never, not ONCE curses at him. Even when she is upset with him at school, she speaks harshly but never with foul language. When Child protective services show up to her door, she curses at THEM but even as she is kicking Loquareeous out of the house, she doesn't curse. The lesbian woman Gayle curses both at Loquareeous and in his presence several times during his stay there.

The school guidance counselor, the asian child protective services worker, and the Police officer are MORE than happy to keep Loquareeous with the white lesbians, in effect keeping him in a world of white supremacy. Every time Loquareeous protests and begs to go "home" (back amongst black folk) he is immediately dismissed EXCEPT by the one BLACK CPS worker.

Excellent points. I find it surprising that many people don't know the story of the Hart family

Hart family murders - Wikipedia

It is a real life horror story.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
I had a feeling this show would fall off.

Maybe they should have just ended it.

It really doesn't feel the same.

It's like they really didn't want to keep it going but the demand was high so they caved. And rushed it.

:ld:its not awful but yea it's been a dropoff. Hope it picks up

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
I had a feeling this show would fall off.

Maybe they should have just ended it.

It really doesn't feel the same.

It's like they really didn't want to keep it going but the demand was high so they caved. And rushed it.

:ld:its not awful but yea it's been a dropoff. Hope it picks up
They took 3 1/2 years off so I highly doubt it was rushed lol but yea this season is def a step back imo from the second.