Official Art Thread (painters, fine artists, etc Come In)

Daps
Pulled out an old sketchbook filled with drawabox line exercises and grabbed a cheap pen. Just doodle while listening to Draftsmen podcast on YouTube. Made this

AEE561-DB-A291-416-C-B189-C2-FE377494-C1.jpg

I’ll adhere to the rest of your advice later.
:mjlol:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Pulled out an old sketchbook filled with drawabox line exercises and grabbed a cheap pen. Just doodle while listening to Draftsmen podcast on YouTube. Made this

AEE561-DB-A291-416-C-B189-C2-FE377494-C1.jpg

I’ll adhere to the rest of your advice later.
Keep it up. I want to show you something.

Look at PewdiePie's progress. Keep it up and let's see where you're at in 100 days. :smile: Draw daily. I'll post some stuff soon too. The reality of Pewdie's progress is that he kept drawing similar things and saw progress in drawing that type of thing. With experience you get better.

Check this video out on acrylic blending. Learn how to gradiate. These are similar to the exercises I learned in High School. Let's start slow and step by step till we get you introduced to the color wheel.

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Keep it up. I want to show you something.

Look at PewdiePie's progress. Keep it up and let's see where you're at in 100 days. :smile: Draw daily. I'll post some stuff soon too. The reality of Pewdie's progress is that he kept drawing similar things and saw progress in drawing that type of thing. With experience you get better.

Check this video out on acrylic blending. Learn how to gradiate. These are similar to the exercises I learned in High School. Let's start slow and step by step till we get you introduced to the color wheel.

Bet it up, I think I’m work on getting that bird refined and I’ll switch to something else if I hit that goal under the 100 days

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
@Thick_Necc_Jenkins @Jupiter Jazz
@Louisville Slugz
The gesture drawing meet up tmrw will not provide us any materials

Idk if we’ll even get tables and chairs. I’m bring a small stool or should I cop small outdoors easel from Michael’s?
I'd call and ask 1st. Worse case save ya receipt.

Most drawing events use a drawing horse seat and they use artists' clipboards. I have 1 myself...so versatile.

But in general....a seat, Artist clipboard, drawing media and media accessories and you golden

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I'd call and ask 1st. Worse case save ya receipt.

Most drawing events use a drawing horse seat and they use artists' clipboards. I have 1 myself...so versatile.

But in general....a seat, Artist clipboard, drawing media and media accessories and you golden
Copping an artist’s clipboard tmrw. Stick to using the pen still? They got big ass sheets for the artist clipboard? What are they called?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Daily Sketch. Putting my name on this shyt because some dudes accuse me of being non black and other mess.

CG9LLXL.jpeg

Found some water colors from High School. Pentel's. These haven't been opened since early 2000's and they're mostly solidified but I did get some orange. I wanted to gradiate orange to yellow but yellow is completely done.

See that stray line on the far left, Rozay? I miscalculated the head shape and made a mistake. One thing pen teaches you is to wing it make it work.

This is with a new sketchpad purchased today as well as a new pen set: Tombow Mono Drawing Pens. The pen set is pretty good.

Comes in three sizes: 01, 03, and 05. Tried all three. Did an eye from memory with 01. Nice and light and thin. 03 I sketched a plant I bought last week. It has bamboo like bottom. 03 is aight from what I've seen. 05 is thick and fun as shyt.

Tmrw I’m going to the free gesture drawing session :mj:
Get it dawg.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
@Thick_Necc_Jenkins @Jupiter Jazz
@Louisville Slugz
The gesture drawing meet up tmrw will not provide us any materials

Idk if we’ll even get tables and chairs. I’m bring a small stool or should I cop small outdoors easel from Michael’s?
Like Thick Neck said, call/email first and see what you need. They might require charcoal pencil. That's often the traditional figure drawing method. Ask first.

And like we said, carry yourself well when you're in a class full of nothing but cacs. It'll be lonely but you'll make it. Ask questions when you're confused and need some help and you'll do aight.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Daily Sketch. Putting my name on this shyt because some dudes accuse me of being non black and other mess.

CG9LLXL.jpeg

Found some water colors from High School. Pentel's. These haven't been opened since early 2000's and they're mostly solidified but I did get some orange. I wanted to gradiate orange to yellow but yellow is completely done.

See that stray line on the far left, Rozay? I miscalculated the head shape and made a mistake. One thing pen teaches you is to wing it make it work.

This is with a new sketchpad purchased today as well as a new pen set: Tombow Mono Drawing Pens. The pen set is pretty good.

Comes in three sizes: 01, 03, and 05. Tried all three. Did an eye from memory with 01. Nice and light and thin. 03 I sketched a plant I bought last week. It has bamboo like bottom. 03 is aight from what I've seen. 05 is thick and fun as shyt.

Get it dawg.

I like to do the drawabox exercises so I have a few felt tip pens 0.5
Those drawings are 🔥 especially that bird

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

CG9LLXL.jpeg

Who tryna say you ain't a breh?