Official Art Thread (painters, fine artists, etc Come In)

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Nah, manga clears American comics easy.

I ain't going to no college. :heh: Ateliers and figure drawing classes for life.
Manga is a self contained story...........no comparison.....you haven't read self contained comics apparently...cause the Walking Dead shyts on manga solo except Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball......

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
This is like if Basquiat had evolved. Breh just did random shyt, it was so unique. At times left too much space. I fukks with it heavy
I stay getting compared when I do my free hand drawings to JMB :mjlol: I truly don't see it at all. But I'm fine with the comparison cause he is the GOAT.

I think Imma do more cubism tho this summer Idk. I know my Ogun War series will be more like comic book like with abstract expressionism

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Is it all Paint? Show me one of your works with pastel and conte crayon

2989935730-44caace257-z.jpg

Mostly paint on paper. I am a mixed media junkee. None of my art has just 1 media on it. It looks too flat. This Z-Ro portrait was back in college 2006 and it's all pastel. Imma redo it on a 48x60 panel and see if Ro want it.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I stay getting compared when I do my free hand drawings to JMB :mjlol: I truly don't see it at all. But I'm fine with the comparison cause he is the GOAT.

I think Imma do more cubism tho this summer Idk. I know my Ogun War series will be more like comic book like with abstract expressionism
You have the same freedom and disregard for perfection like JMB, draw like a child but with an adult mind. It’s actually dope. Cubism is cool af.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
You have the same freedom and disregard for perfection like JMB, draw like a child but with an adult mind. It’s actually dope. Cubism is cool af.
Yep! Once I mastered Realism I seen hiw the art world was moving towards to copying pics too much. Around that time in 2006 I seen Cy Twombly art at the Baltimore Museum Of Art and got hooked. The scribbles, scratches, scrawl marks was beacoup impressive, and you can use it to fill space. This was aso the time I stole Picasso and Marisse usage of the grid.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Yep! Once I mastered Realism I seen hiw the art world was moving towards to copying pics too much. Around that time in 2006 I seen Cy Twombly art at the Baltimore Museum Of Art and got hooked. The scribbles, scratches, scrawl marks was beacoup impressive, and you can use it to fill space. This was aso the time I stole Picasso and Marisse usage of the grid.
What do you mean the grid?

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
How long it take you to be able to do realism?
About 1 semester really. I tackled it during my Drawing I class and by time I started Painting 101 and 201 and 301 I was more than mastered. Was it photorealistic or hyperrealism? No. But I never wanted to get that good, because competition with a camera. My goal was to get as good as I can so I could deconstruct the realism and merge with cubism and abstract expressionism.

This is my 1st work of the idea or Realism and Cubism:

Vodouchildblues-Mixed-Mediaon-Wood-36x48-2021.jpg

These are the mastery of my realism as far as I wanna geaux. I could do better, but why? The art is in the imperfections, a camera is perfect. One of these is in a museum's permenant collection.
It headlined the acquisition in 2021 at the New Orleans Museum Of Art.

Resized-20231117-191236.jpg

John-Lister-III-Maman-Brigitte-Mamans-Day-2021.jpg

IMG-20231117-210953-100.jpg