Official Art Thread (painters, fine artists, etc Come In)

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
This a forum board not prison or a diddy party. Idc, jokingly or not. No diddy
it's all good until treh dms you with a proposition then pulls the switchero and your in a hotel off casamigos and della reese with a glizzy is eating YOUR glizzy. all the drunk stories you tell on here, you better be careful Rozay. That boy @Thick_Necc_Jenkins is @Buckeye Fever wild homie.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
it's all good until treh dms you with a proposition then pulls the switchero and your in a hotel off casamigos and della reese with a glizzy is eating YOUR glizzy. all the drunk stories you tell on here, you better be careful Rozay. That boy @Thick_Necc_Jenkins is @Buckeye Fever wild homie.
Buckeye a troll
Lmao no diddy! Im good breh

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I like to draw too (not good) but painters and sculpting is where it’s at.

I don’t have any jesso/gesso to spray my canvas since I’m using cheap target brand acrylics. How can I just spray some water or just buy water colors
Acrylics are just perfect.

Acrylic is a water-based painting medium.

It's a good starter paint. It's not as difficult as watercolor but cheaper than oil. Watercolor FYI is widely considered the hardest medium of paint. The good thing about acrylic is that you can do watercolor like properties including a wash. The youtube video I linked where dude sketches and then paints after he's basically using the paint as a wash. It's not thick paint.

Do you know how to gradate? Also do you know how to create color? Are you aware of complimentary and analogous colors? And the color wheel? This is why it's generally taught to draw before paint because color introduces its own method of complexities and then there's the medium of paint to consider (oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel;etc).

phY47cU.jpeg

What you can do with acrylic: oil-like solid paint glaze or watercolor like. There's a reason many art teachers start with acrylic.

zUJauxw.jpeg

jDd8d0g.png

As said, you can either:

A. Use paint to practice drawing and gesture.

CaXGDnm.jpeg

6k2hC83.png

or

B. Sketch with pen and use the paint as a wash after the sketch which allows you to utilize both pen and paint

1CYnQ3n.jpeg
PgxGgRK.jpeg

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Anyways there's lots you can do with just that.

Shinkawa is one of my biggest influences.

riNQEsE.jpeg

QxapfMK.jpeg

See this? He's sketching with paint. Same shyt, different medium but the intent is the same: gesture, shape, lines, emotion.

PXq2Ufz.jpeg

p4jTIzi.jpeg

8cQe6XF.jpeg

Should I have something similar to share soon. Notice Shinkawa is just fundamentals of gesture with a paint wash on top tied to a minimalist aesthetic and turned it into a viable art style.

You're talking of buying all this stuff but like I said, you don't need much. Less is more.

I've also used brush pens. It's probably my favorite these days.

Speed gesture drawing at a live figure drawing session. They change poses like once a minute. DRAW FAST.

wLS1ZhT.jpeg

Here's a sample brush pen with watercolor wash from google.

pFs4oVD.jpeg

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I don't have one. Just Google standing drawing stations. I believe that's the name of what you want. Thebstands architects use.
Set up the easel

F6-BC218-B-5688-47-E6-BFBD-0-CE85-B98-BD4-E.jpg

The last part is bolts in springs with nuts at the end. You use an Allen Wrench. That shyt doesn’t penetrate the wood, no matter how hard I try. It’s just hanging there

172-FD0-EB-A03-E-4-BB4-9837-6197813-DE378.jpg

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Anyways there's lots you can do with just that.

Shinkawa is one of my biggest influences.

riNQEsE.jpeg

QxapfMK.jpeg

See this? He's sketching with paint. Same shyt, different medium but the intent is the same: gesture, shape, lines, emotion.

PXq2Ufz.jpeg

p4jTIzi.jpeg

8cQe6XF.jpeg

Should I have something similar to share soon. Notice Shinkawa is just fundamentals of gesture with a paint wash on top tied to a minimalist aesthetic and turned it into a viable art style.

You're talking of buying all this stuff but like I said, you don't need much. Less is more.

I've also used brush pens. It's probably my favorite these days.

Speed gesture drawing at a live figure drawing session. They change poses like once a minute. DRAW FAST.

wLS1ZhT.jpeg

Here's a sample brush pen with watercolor wash from google.

pFs4oVD.jpeg
Thanks for the in-depth answer. Need to get a brush pen

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Buy a sketch book and a pen. A good one like Microns. Draw in nothing but pen. Learn gesture. Find a local atelier or a joint that does figure classes and critique. Critique is essential.

Why pen? Because pen you cannot erase. It will force you to "see" and make deliberate strokes (pause) in your lining. It forces limitation and the best way to get good at something is force the limiting factor. In this case, the ability to erase. Being limited breeds and forces creativity because you're forced to come up with a solution.

How do I know this? Because I was always "the artist". In 7th grade my friend started using pen and he was so much better than me. Before this no one was better than me in art. We were all obsessed with WCW and Sting as it was the Monday Night Wars and that's what the two of us competed in: drawing wrestlers. He was my first art "rival" although it was unsaid and we were friends through all of it and I copied him by getting a pen and only drawing in it myself. This was when I was 12.

This is me at 15.

EGjVwuL.jpeg

To my memory I drew all of this in pen, with no pencil outline beforehand.

This is a painting I made in college. It's Audrey Hepburn made in acryllic.

Y7ok05t.png

The fundamentals of pen will transfer to painting.

Sketch of my dog years back.

nrIrFTg.jpeg

Leonardo Davinci is quoted as saying something to the effect of,"go out to the marketplaces and draw life."

Pv1v3Qs.jpeg

Digital stuff:

Here's a wine logo I painted. Quality trash because its been stretched over the years.

hjn4EI7.png

From digital sketchbook:

NxjjbSt.png

Anyways I started drawing again and found my way back to my first love. I quit photography and gone back to what I call "the craft". I noticed all of my ideas in photography would be better suited in traditional art. I've got a lot of ideas and things to do before I die and I distinctly believe God put me on this Earth to make art.

Expect the road of being a black artist to be lonely. I took two art classes the entirety of HS (so I was in art class every day for four years) and the sole black student in a school with over 3000 and plenty of other black students. Ten years later, normie blacks are complaining about "representation" when there's a dearth of black artists and you didn't care about black art before. Retards.

This will factor into your figure drawing classes if you choose to pursue them. You'll likely be the sole black person in those classes. Warning, you might deal with passive aggressive cacs if you're even remotely good, but the ones that support you support you for life.
Pulled out an old sketchbook filled with drawabox line exercises and grabbed a cheap pen. Just doodle while listening to Draftsmen podcast on YouTube. Made this

AEE561-DB-A291-416-C-B189-C2-FE377494-C1.jpg

I’ll adhere to the rest of your advice later.

Last edited: