Official Art Thread (painters, fine artists, etc Come In)

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
You do realize we don't have any forums for us: Black Artists.

Therefore you got create the environment. Had me out here solo dolo smh....

You a wet-on-wet painter? They got slow drying acrylics now and spray paints. The times have changed for the best!

And fukk a system...you an artist...GROOOOOW!!!!

I use everything and paint everything. Landscapes was my thing being from the South but mostly skies and skylines with bayous and swamps.

Imma Mixed Media Sage outchere. I use Acrylics, Crayons, Paper, Markers, Spray Paint, Oil Sticks, Oil Pastels etc.

I love this artist life
Wet on wet when I’m painting en plein air or practicing doing a quick sketch

When I’m doing studio work i do a really thin block in layer, then a thin monochrome layer, then I work in layers building up the colors

The shadows I keep thin but the areas I want to pop I start working wet on wet with the linseed oil

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Can we see y’all’s work? Even a throwaway
IMG-20240317-152059-301.jpg

IMG-20240130-234347-055.jpg

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Buy a sketch book and a pen. A good one like Microns. Draw in nothing but pen. Learn gesture. Find a local atelier or a joint that does figure classes and critique. Critique is essential.

Why pen? Because pen you cannot erase. It will force you to "see" and make deliberate strokes (pause) in your lining. It forces limitation and the best way to get good at something is force the limiting factor. In this case, the ability to erase. Being limited breeds and forces creativity because you're forced to come up with a solution.

How do I know this? Because I was always "the artist". In 7th grade my friend started using pen and he was so much better than me. Before this no one was better than me in art. We were all obsessed with WCW and Sting as it was the Monday Night Wars and that's what the two of us competed in: drawing wrestlers. He was my first art "rival" although it was unsaid and we were friends through all of it and I copied him by getting a pen and only drawing in it myself. This was when I was 12.

This is me at 15.

EGjVwuL.jpeg

To my memory I drew all of this in pen, with no pencil outline beforehand.

This is a painting I made in college. It's Audrey Hepburn made in acryllic.

Y7ok05t.png

The fundamentals of pen will transfer to painting.

Sketch of my dog years back.

nrIrFTg.jpeg

Leonardo Davinci is quoted as saying something to the effect of,"go out to the marketplaces and draw life."

Pv1v3Qs.jpeg

Digital stuff:

Here's a wine logo I painted. Quality trash because its been stretched over the years.

hjn4EI7.png

From digital sketchbook:

NxjjbSt.png

Anyways I started drawing again and found my way back to my first love. I quit photography and gone back to what I call "the craft". I noticed all of my ideas in photography would be better suited in traditional art. I've got a lot of ideas and things to do before I die and I distinctly believe God put me on this Earth to make art.

Expect the road of being a black artist to be lonely. I took two art classes the entirety of HS (so I was in art class every day for four years) and the sole black student in a school with over 3000 and plenty of other black students. Ten years later, normie blacks are complaining about "representation" when there's a dearth of black artists and you didn't care about black art before. Retards.

This will factor into your figure drawing classes if you choose to pursue them. You'll likely be the sole black person in those classes. Warning, you might deal with passive aggressive cacs if you're even remotely good, but the ones that support you support you for life.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Here's some resources for you.

Follow ARC. ARC is an atelier group called Art Renewal Center. ARC features ateliers - art schools that you pay far less for with emphasis in learning from the masters of western art. A lot of them are based off the Italian atelier system. The website features a list of ARC certified schools or ateliers that teach high quality art education. Just go here and plug in USA (or Canada if you're there) and your state and find what local offerings you. If you don't have a local place I will help you find one.

Check it here.

You can get a good art education for a reasonable price.

An alternative is online resources such as Proko, New Master Academy (shout out to Glenn Villpu) but as someone starting out you want critique, preferably in person. Otherwise you will instill bad habits.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Check out the master Glenn Vilppu. Watch this video for a good introduction to gesture.

This will give you a foundation and something to strive for with your pen and sketchbook. It will also assist you in getting actuated with the paints you've bought.

Taking this into account you can now take your sketchbook out in the world start speed gesture drawing. This will be a good exercise in learning how to see and break down shape.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:beli: Alright I pulled one from the garage to support @Rozay Oro , mind you I was sipping the whole time. Y’all make fun of me, I’m negging all y’all :pacspit: :mjcry:

IMG-9145.jpg

My Statue of Liberty doing the gangsta lean:mjlol:like she in the club with a drink giving a toast

It’s geometric abstract

IMG-6048.png

Last edited: