Official Art Thread (painters, fine artists, etc Come In)

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Awww...then you need the basics pretty much. How old are you? You may wanna enroll in art school. Get a degree and fulfill your passion.

In the meantime I can you this..you gotta understand color, line, form and chiroscura to be a great artist.
I’m old, 29

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
I’m old, 29
It's just 4 yrs breh. And 29 ain't old. Most artists don't get hot til they in their 40s.

You don't need a degree to make art, but it helps your CV look good for collectors. But it's up to you.

I'd buy some drawing books on Anatomy, color, and then surrealism. Just read and apply.

All the best prolific art are not realism works, so don't even trip on realism.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I’m laughing cause the shyt you gonna be making is gonna be hot fukking garbage
Imma fukk around and do my version of Basquiat’s bird on money or the black silhouette with teeth and eye that’s show on his magazine cover debut

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
It's just 4 yrs breh. And 29 ain't old. Most artists don't get hot til they in their 40s.

You don't need a degree to make art, but it helps your CV look good for collectors. But it's up to you.

I'd buy some drawing books on Anatomy, color, and then surrealism. Just read and apply.

All the best prolific art are not realism works, so don't even trip on realism.
What if I do online art school would that help a nikka CV? I got bills to pay so I can’t really go board at an art college.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
What if I do online art school would that help a nikka CV? I got bills to pay so I can’t really go board at an art college.
Yes. But that's so you can learn art talk. But a degree isn't needed at all. Esp when you want to do art shows etc. It's just looks good. Most famous artists don't have degrees or were drop out from art school anyway. It's up to you. I have mine and love it. But no one ask about it other than are you "self taught" or "traditionally taught".

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Yes. But that's so you can learn art talk. But a degree isn't needed at all. Esp when you want to do art shows etc. It's just looks good. Most famous artists don't have degrees or were drop out from art school anyway. It's up to you. I have mine and love it. But no one ask about it other than are you "self taught" or "traditionally taught".
I will definitely start working on the basics but today a canvas will be painted on, even if it’s awful. Will post

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I bought 3 and acrylic paint from target
Get the primary colors plus white and ivory black in oils and a palette knife, watch YouTube videos on mixing your own colors, and practice with every drop of paint in those tubes before you paint one picture.

Once you run out get more tubes plus some linseed oil and turpentine, panels never canvas (once you get your feet wet you can buy giant sheets of Masonite and have them cut it to your specifications at Home Depot), a decent set of long handled brushes and plenty of rags and watch plenty of YouTube videos on value, light, composition, color theory, and art history.

Read The Art Spirit by Robert Henri, you probably can listen on YouTube.

Find a local figure drawing group and don’t miss a class.

Find a local plein air group and don’t miss a date.

If you’re going to do it, do it right.

Last edited:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Get the primary colors plus white and ivory black in oils and a palette knife, watch YouTube videos on mixing your own colors, and practice with every drop of paint in those tubes before you paint one picture.

Once you run out get more tubes plus some linseed oil and turpentine, a decent set of long handled brushes and plenty of rags and watch plenty of YouTube videos on value, light, composition, and color theory.

Read The Art Spirit by Robert Henri, you probably can listen on YouTube.

Find a local figure drawing group and don’t miss a class.

Find a local plein air group and don’t miss a date.

If you’re going to do it, do it right.
I’m not returning the shyt I bought
Let me use it up to show you brehs my Frankensteins for laughs. Then I’ll aheed advice. I do have a book called the utter beginner painter or some shyt like that

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
I’m not returning the shyt I bought
Let me use it up to show you brehs my Frankensteins for laughs. Then I’ll aheed advice. I do have a book called the utter beginner painter or some shyt like that
Nah don’t return it.

Do whatever you’re going to do with that and when you’re really ready to get serious if you still like it return to my post.

This is a lifelong journey.