[Official] Apple iPhone X:OUT NOW!

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How else? Well I'm not invested in the system like u..Im sure u have Apple watches, TVs, and macbooks galore. Nope. I'm on the google/Samsung side of the game. I use S Health, Samsung Pay, checked out the Pixel Book, etc. I have no need for the fitness watches...phone can do that stuff anyway.
I'm not invested in the system. I just want any device I use to have the same playlist. My most played songs when I listen to a song on the Note the playcount goes up and if the smart playlist determines that's my most listened to song it goes to the top of all the playlist on all my devices because iTunes manages it.

Having intelligent software manage your music library for you is better than having to do it yourself. I don't download music to my phone for example I get it on a PC and add it to my library and it gets pushed out to all my devices automatically when they sync with iTunes.

Most of the disadvantages to iOS a tech savvy person can get around easily. For example I don't need to download files to my phone. I have a MyCloud Nas at home with remote access and a Dropbox so I can view my files on an iPhone anywhere same as on an Android.

Really the only thing I miss when I'm using my iPhone is Samsung Pay because Apple Pay works at way less places. That simply means I have to carry my wallet. Also Google Voice being integrated into the system dialer.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm not invested in the system. I just want any device I use to have the same playlist. My most played songs when I listen to a song on the Note the playcount goes up and if the smart playlist determines that's my most listened to song it goes to the top of all the playlist on all my devices because iTunes manages it.

Having intelligent software manage your music library for you is better than having to do it yourself. I don't download music to my phone for example I get it on a PC and add it to my library and it gets pushed out to all my devices automatically when they sync with iTunes.

Most of the disadvantages to iOS a tech savvy person can get around easily. For example I don't need to download files to my phone. I have a MyCloud Nas at home with remote access and a Dropbox so I can view my files on an iPhone anywhere same as on an Android.

Really the only thing I miss when I'm using my iPhone is Samsung Pay because Apple Pay works at way less places. That simply means I have to carry my wallet. Also Google Voice being integrated into the system dialer.
That's cool you know that but you know and I know the average user won't be thinking like you. So they will ask and ask away because that's what the Apple system demands from a commoner.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i use the control center a lot. how is the adjustment from pulling down from the top left

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Having had this phone a week now I still feel like this is a device that's not worth the money but I'm a tech geek so having experienced the superior device I wasn't gonna go back to the lesser one even if this one is a poor value. If I could do it all over again knowing what I know now I wouldn't have bought this phone. It's still a total waste of money coming from an iPhone 7 pretty much anything I would have needed to do could have been done on the 7.

This thing is an expensive toy for people with the disposable income to buy it. The really bad part is Apple broke the $1000 threshold and typically the price of these flagship phones doesn't really go down. Next year's iPhones will probably also be $1000 and up with slightly more features but no break in price. Maybe the LCD one will be $800-$900 but we're stuck at these higher prices henceforth.

The Samsungs and Googles of the world will probably follow Apple like they always do and raise prices too. Hell the Note8 was pushing $1000. The Note9 will probably be more.
i use the control center a lot. how is the adjustment from pulling down from the top left
In some ways it's better. I don't know if this was true for everyone else but I used to have certain apps like YouTube where I couldn't activate the control center because the bottom of the screen was usable and overrode it. Now I can always access it but the toggles for WiFi and Bluetooth don't actually turn them off so I don't use it so much.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
"It's still a total waste of money coming from an iPhone 7 pretty much anything I would have needed to do could have been done on the 7."

Personally I feel thats pretty obvious from before you even buy it.

There are some improvements obviously but generally...
Which is why unless I see a good deal or I suddenly have a huge urge to get the X as nice as it is, i'll hold onto my 7 until the next generation.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
"It's still a total waste of money coming from an iPhone 7 pretty much anything I would have needed to do could have been done on the 7."

Which is why unless I see a good deal or I suddenly have a huge urge to get the X as nice as it is, i'll hold onto my 7 until the next generation.
We might have reached the end of the road for mobile phone tech maturity. It's been a while since a noteworthy feature was added to phones. Now everything is either better camera, make the screen larger, make the device larger, or a different way to do something you can already do (FaceID vs TouchID). Processor speed is becoming irrelevant because considering what people do on phones they aren't getting maxed out anyway.

It just seems like the manufactures are running out of runway. Now we got them removing features like the headphone jack so they can push more Bluetooth headphones because maybe they realize it too and it's time to diversify.

Mobile tech matured so fast it outpaced what people need from a phone and people (myself included) get new phone because they are conditioned to rather than because they actually need one. Hell the subsidies and contracts are gone we have to buy these thousand dollar phones outright yet many still toss aside a perfectly fine device in the sake of chasing newness. I know I did.

My YouTube sub box is filled with tech "influencers" who manufacturers mailed free expensive phones to so they can wave them in my fact to get me to want to buy them. They're perpetually moving on to the next product to push. A few months ago it was the Note8 then it was the iPhone 8 then V30 then it was the Pixel and now it's the iPhone X.

I wonder how long this can continue. Companies selling us products that basically do the same thing the product they sold us last time did while convincing us the perfectly fine product we had is obsolete.

RapExpert

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yep, My 7 still ran flawlessly but I told my self I would upgrade this year so I beat it up pretty bad knowing that( going caseless, dropping it while being drunk) If i kept it in good condition I probably would've just kept my 7 for a while.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Has anyone here paid the full price of the phone outright or are you paying in installments?

:lupe:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
coming from a 7 i love it. The screen and cameras are clearly better. The days of seeing HUGE performance differences when it comes to speed etc are gone for awhile i think. Like dude said, these processors are way more powerful than what we even need day to day. I used my yearly upgrade to get the x for the better cameras, bigger screen with OLED, and usb charging. Theres a lot of little things im learning everyday thats an improvement over my 7 as well like tap to wake and hiding your lock screen notifications when its not your face. dope phone overrall.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Has anyone here paid the full price of the phone outright or are you paying in installments?

:lupe:
I paid full price for it. Cost $1218 with tax. I did put it on a card that gets 5% back at the Apple store though.

Honestly I would have done payments but the Apple store didn't do Sprint flex pay. They wanted to do a hard credit pull and finance it through their bank partner direct. I said naw I'll buckle down and pay it all off in a month.

I'm thinking of adding Apple Care+ to it for the extra $200 since I plan to keep it at least 2 years.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I paid full price for it. Cost $1218 with tax. I did put it on a card that gets 5% back at the Apple store though.

Honestly I would have done payments but the Apple store didn't do Sprint flex pay. They wanted to do a hard credit pull and finance it through their bank partner direct. I said naw I'll buckle down and pay it all off in a month.

I'm thinking of adding Apple Care+ to it for the extra $200 since I plan to keep it at least 2 years.
You said you a “tech junkie” but you have sprint service :laff:

Come on man