[Official] Apple finally announces 2nd gen air pods w/wirless charging. $199

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
its truly remarkable how they basically repacked standard bluetooth head sets that have been a dead market for roughly 5 years into some luxury item that people are proud to wear today

remarkable and mind blowing :wow: the sheep mentality of this world knows no bounds

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its truly remarkable how they basically repacked standard bluetooth head sets that have been a dead market for roughly 5 years into some luxury item that people are proud to wear today

remarkable and mind blowing :wow: the sheep mentality of this world knows no bounds
and people still buy em regardless of price :russ:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You don't get air pods for sound quality. You get them for convenience.

All the raving you see is about the ease of use and convenience when it comes to being wireless and the w1 chip that allows instant pairing. Along with the charging case so pods are always ready to go. When air pods dropped, I can't recall too many products that were truly like it in its price range. Diff now of course.
:gucci: People don't buy $200 headphones for the sound quality breh?
Instant pairing, wireless charging, and a little apple logo is worth that much?

I got $20 Anker joints that last my whole work day - I have to charge via USB cable, and hold a button to pair them but that takes all of 3 seconds. The sound quality is better than the air pods also.

For $200 you could get the convenience of completely wireless headphones with the premium sound quality of Bose
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-soundsport-free-wireless-headphones-black/5876110.p?skuId=5876110

But people spend how they wanna spend though :hubie:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You don't get air pods for sound quality. You get them for convenience.

All the raving you see is about the ease of use and convenience when it comes to being wireless and the w1 chip that allows instant pairing. Along with the charging case so pods are always ready to go. When air pods dropped, I can't recall too many products that were truly like it in its price range. Diff now of course.
If youre paying $200 for headphones and they dont have sound quality, you are pouring jelly on yourself. This whole "convenience" bullshyt is the gayest thing surrounding airpods because they arent anymore convenient than other $150-200 headphones. They all pair instantly. Many of them charge wirelessly and most of them have superior sound and build quality. This is coming from an airpods owner. They're convenient. Not anymore convenient than any other quality earbud. The only convenience they have is hopping between apple devices (laptop, ipad, iphone) without needing to be paired. And as someone who has all them, I can say I rarely ever do it.

Edit: And the case is small.

Last edited:

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
All the broke bois mad as fukk :umad: Make sure my lining and waves are crisp when this release :umad:

I have headphones that cost more than your phone but that’s the cost of being an audiophile. Broke bois who? Everything @Kamikaze Revy said was right but it’s your money. If the rumors are correct, the newer Airpods are the real second version. Personally I’d rather stick with iems as bluebooth/wireless will never match the wiring sound but if you want superior sound at a convience, cop the Sennheiner Momentum Wireless. It’s $100 more but if you were going to spend the $200 plus tax, hold that and save $80 more.

Sennheiser - Headphones & Headsets - Microphones - Business Communications[/USER]

Last edited:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
:gucci: People don't buy $200 headphones for the sound quality breh?
Instant pairing, wireless charging, and a little apple logo is worth that much?

I got $20 Anker joints that last my whole work day - I have to charge via USB cable, and hold a button to pair them but that takes all of 3 seconds. The sound quality is better than the air pods also.

For $200 you could get the convenience of completely wireless headphones with the premium sound quality of Bose
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/bose-soundsport-free-wireless-headphones-black/5876110.p?skuId=5876110

But people spend how they wanna spend though :hubie:

If youre paying $200 for headphones and they dont have sound quality, you are pouring jelly on yourself. This whole "convenience" bullshyt is the gayest thing surrounding airpods because they arent anymore convenient than other $150-200 headphones. They all pair instantly. Many of them charge wirelessly and most of them have superior sound and build quality. This is coming from an airpods owner. They're convenient. Not anymore convenient than any other quality earbud. The only convenience they have is hopping between apple devices (laptop, ipad, iphone) without needing to be paired. And as someone who has all them, I can say I rarely ever do it.

Edit: And the case is small.

Sound quality is a subjective opinion tho (i mean sure, technically you can measure it, but most people are just going to go off of how it sounds to them, personally). If i wanted something that was more robust id probably spend more and get bigger head phones and not in ear joints. I wouldnt be in the 150-200 range.

But I feel they sound fine for what i want them for (working out, talking on the phone, casual music listening), I am not an audiophile tho :yeshrug:.

I don't feel "convenience" is gay because of the bolded. They work as advertised with apple products. I have an Iphone and an apple tv and they all work seemlessly so the 150 is worth it to me. Not saying i wouldnt enjoy other headphones just saying I enjoy what apple brought to the table and dont think 150 was too much for it. Other ppl would probably want higher sound quality and thats fine, im no audio phile so the sound is decent IMO.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I have headphones that cost more than your phone but that’s the cost of being an audiophile. Broke bois who? Everything @Kamikaze Revy said was right but it’s your money. If the rumors are correct, the newer Airpods are the real second version. Personally I’d rather stick with iems as bluebooth/wireless will never match the wiring sound but if you want superior sound at a convience, cop the Sennheiner Momentum Wireless. It’s $100 but if you were going to spend the $200 plus tax, hold that and save $80 more.

Sennheiser - Headphones & Headsets - Microphones - Business Communications[/USER]
I gotta check those out

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
:pausevegeta:

It’s like that though. You have people in the audiophile forums who trust each other enough to borrow their headphones/electronic equipment and send it back to them, or people who sell them used. The original prices are so crazy, buying used makes sense. There are headphones going for 2K and better. Hell yeah I would try them first but knowing me, I’ll sterilize it 3 times first.

Last edited: