[Official] Apple finally announces 2nd gen air pods w/wirless charging. $199

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Are they pretty much the old earbuds but wireless?
Pretty much. They don't come close to Beats, Bose, or any other medium to high quality headphones.
You're definitely paying the Apple tax with those Air Pods. There are PLENTY of better options in the same price range.
Now I can't speak for their convenience as a microphone for calls, I'm only speaking based on the audio quality of the music which is my main concern.
I'm an audiophile for real though, so maybe my expectations are a bit harsh. Still, for the price I can't recommend the current air pods.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
You don't get air pods for sound quality. You get them for convenience.

All the raving you see is about the ease of use and convenience when it comes to being wireless and the w1 chip that allows instant pairing. Along with the charging case so pods are always ready to go. When air pods dropped, I can't recall too many products that were truly like it in its price range. Diff now of course.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Wait they didn't have a wireless charging case to begin with?? :picard:

I got some $40 noise canceling joints that sound better than then broken cigarette looking air pods
that actually look cool
That came with a wireless charging case:dead:

Buy Apple products brahs:heh:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Can anyone convince me that paying over 200 dollar for in-ear buds will ever outperform over the ear headphones for around the same price?

How much power can you drive to in-ear buds, especially to justify paying 200 dollars for them compared to larger over the ear headphones?? :stopitslime:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Not worth a buy if you already have a pair. I don't think I'd buy them if even I didn't already have one when you can find the gen 1 cheaper now.

You don't get air pods for sound quality. You get them for convenience.

All the raving you see is about the ease of use and convenience when it comes to being wireless and the w1 chip that allows instant pairing. Along with the charging case so pods are always ready to go. When air pods dropped, I can't recall too many products that were truly like it in its price range. Diff now of course.

They're definitely more form than any of that you said for most people but I agree. My Airpods got wet and died so I tried some Bose Soundsports and saw just how fukked up Bluetooth pairing is. Not to mention I wasn't that impressed with the sound to keep them for $50 more than Airpods.

Wait a minute

You have to charge them shyts? :laff:
Apple stay finessing

Which wireless headphones do you not have to charge?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Eh, i copped a pair for my daughter last week and don't regret not waiting. They're weak for jacking up the price, but i guess apple gonna apple. They still make a great product, and i don't mind paying a light tax for the extra touches they put into their products.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
AirPods are the shyt with Siri

Tap my ear. Siri rewind 1:30 seconds. did that with so many dope tracks. More specifically that 97 Hov track.

I can’t go to any other headphone with my iPhone. shyt fluid AF

*Bonus Apple whoring

I finally said fukk a case. Screen protector only. This damn iPhone X is a beautiful motherfukker. It feel like I got a new phone