Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Hold off on the macbook if you can. They gettin rid of that junk butterfly keyboard next year.

Good looks breh. The butterfly keyboards are the one with the clicking sound right?Was never a fan of them at all. I can probably hold off.

I have a work laptop so I don’t use my Air as much as before. I do wanna get into photography so I would like the processing power of a Mac Pro.

In the interim, I’m looking to get a Thinkpad so I can build a little home office when I move to my new spot. I love mac, but you can’t beat a PC when it comes to Microsoft Excel and the like. Good thing is that Lenovo’s are pretty cheap and a docking station with the home office setup is pretty cheap as well.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Good looks breh. The butterfly keyboards are the one with the clicking sound right?Was never a fan of them at all. I can probably hold off.

I have a work laptop so I don’t use my Air as much as before. I do wanna get into photography so I would like the processing power of a Mac Pro.

In the interim, I’m looking to get a Thinkpad so I can build a little home office when I move to my new spot. I love mac, but you can’t beat a PC when it comes to Microsoft Excel and the like. Good thing is that Lenovo’s are pretty cheap and a docking station with the home office setup is pretty cheap as well.
The butterfly had the weird clicking and also enough of a failure rate that apples giving new macbook buyers a multi year warranty on the keyboard. They’ve tried to tweak the butterfly design but its still buns. Thats why they goin back to a more traditional style with the macbook pro redesign next year.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Upgrading this year, cant go another year with my 7.

Im ready to join the FaceID life.

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
What's wrong with it?

I'm personally weary of all this face detection technology.
Battery life is trash - New battery wont help, its never got me through a day even when new.
One of the microphones is wrecked, I'm actually meant to be getting it replaced this weekend.

Recently got my screen fixed too by a third party, as refused to pay Apples prices - I might has well have added another 100 and got a refurbished 7 for the cost.

And I just ulimately want something new, I think 3 years is long enough.
I was planning to hold out until next year but I'll take the leap now and maybe regret it next Spring/Summer when the rumour mill is full steam ahead.

I'm actually looking forward to FaceID, I actually dont think I'll be bothered losing the fingerprint.
I mean it would be nice to have both, but cant say it bothers me. Especially when this year its meant to have better angles so you can unlock it whilst its on the desk - Although again this didn't bother me I generally pick my phone up out of habit to unlock anyway.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Sick of the XS Max size a year later so I’m “upgrading”, really missing one hand use. Plan on upgrading the MBP some time next year or early 2021.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Battery life is trash - New battery wont help, its never got me through a day even when new.
One of the microphones is wrecked, I'm actually meant to be getting it replaced this weekend.

Recently got my screen fixed too by a third party, as refused to pay Apples prices - I might has well have added another 100 and got a refurbished 7 for the cost.

And I just ulimately want something new, I think 3 years is long enough.
I was planning to hold out until next year but I'll take the leap now and maybe regret it next Spring/Summer when the rumour mill is full steam ahead.

I'm actually looking forward to FaceID, I actually dont think I'll be bothered losing the fingerprint.
I mean it would be nice to have both, but cant say it bothers me. Especially when this year its meant to have better angles so you can unlock it whilst its on the desk - Although again this didn't bother me I generally pick my phone up out of habit to unlock anyway.

I'm also 3 years in now and I'm still pretty good. Battery life has been a rejuvenated ever since I got it replaced. I like buying my phone outright at once so personally, I'll go for a lower upgrade rather than getting the newest one (7+ or 8+). X and XS would be like 1k plus for anything with respectable storage size. You can cop a brand new 7 for $550 with 128GB. There aren't enough new features that are must haves in my opinion.

My boy upgrades to the newest iPhone each year but I'm just not a big fan of the monthly payments. I know it's just tacked on to your phone bill but still. I see it as unnecessary negative cash flow.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just remember 2020 is a complete redesign with a smaller notch, return of touch id, 5G, usb c(allegedly), 5 nanometer chip, 120 Hz refresh rate on the screen, return of Qualcomm modems across lineup, time of flight 3D camera.

You def gonna feel the regret if you get this years when the 2020 drop:sadspur:

Krazy

Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Just remember 2020 is a complete redesign with a smaller notch, return of touch id, 5G, usb c(allegedly), 5 nanometer chip, 120 Hz refresh rate on the screen, return of Qualcomm modems across lineup, time of flight 3D camera.

You def gonna feel the regret if you get this years when the 2020 drop:sadspur:
I really don’t see Touch ID returning next that.
Other stuff doesn’t sound too far fetched. Don’t get wrong it sounds appealing...To the point in which I wish I just upgraded to the XS last September when I was tempted.

I mean if worse come to worse and I’m in a good financial position and I want it that bad I’ll upgrade next year again. Doubt I will, but I plan to keep this years iPhone for 2 years. I don’t want to get into the habit of upgrading yearly, especially when it costs 1000+ .

I’ll wait for the 2021 refined model.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I really don’t see Touch ID returning next that.
Other stuff doesn’t sound too far fetched. Don’t get wrong it sounds appealing...To the point in which I wish I just upgraded to the XS last September when I was tempted.

I mean if worse come to worse and I’m in a good financial position and I want it that bad I’ll upgrade next year again. Doubt I will, but I plan to keep this years iPhone for 2 years. I don’t want to get into the habit of upgrading yearly, especially when it costs 1000+ .

I’ll wait for the 2021 refined model.
I feel ya. Im on the Xs and upgrading no earlier than 2021 too. Might as well run this shyt into the ground. As long as i can run the latest iOS and have up to date apps im good:manny: