Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
@winb83 Apple being forced to lean back and production on iPhone X retirns after likely weak "XS" sales
Apple resumes iPhone X production in face of weak XS sales, report claims
Apple is in some respects a dinosaur. The way they ran that smartphone side of the business worked with there was growth in the area but as time goes on smartphones have matured to the point that if you bought one 2 years ago you can probably keep it 3-4 years before actually needing to upgrade and if you but a used one from a year ago or so it's good enough.

From there the Chinese manufactures step in and make cheap lower end phones and mid range phones that are more than adequate.
Apple finds themselves raising their prices on their customer base that will continue to shrink as a result of the maturation of the market and the raised prices.

At some point and it might not be right now but something has to give or a death spiral is entered like what Cable TV faces. Apple is doing well now, maybe they transition away from smartphones leading the charge and something else becomes their bread and butter.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
@winb83 Apple being forced to lean back and production on iPhone X returns after likely weak "XS" sales

Apple is in some respects a dinosaur. The way they ran that smartphone side of the business worked with there was growth in the area but as time goes on smartphones have matured to the point that if you bought one 2 years ago you can probably keep it 3-4 years before actually needing to upgrade and if you but a used one from a year ago or so it's good enough.

From there the Chinese manufactures step in and make cheap lower end phones and mid range phones that are more than adequate.
Apple finds themselves raising their prices on their customer base that will continue to shrink as a result of the maturation of the market and the raised prices.

At some point and it might not be right now but something has to give or a death spiral is entered like what Cable TV faces. Apple is doing well now, maybe they transition away from smartphones leading the charge and something else becomes their bread and butter.
nikkas, give it a rest, Jesus fukkin Christ :snoop:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
nikkas, give it a rest, Jesus fukkin Christ :snoop:

This is how it went down.
Apple tells Samsung they don't need all those screens after all cause this year's iPhones didn't do the numbers they thought they would. Samsung tells Apple fukk that we had a contract and you buying these screens. Apple tells Samsung you know the iPhone X we canceled in favor of the new iPhones. Give us the screens for those instead. We'll uncancel it cause it's cheaper to make.

That's not a good look. They bringing the iPhone X back like it was Family Guy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is how it went down.
Apple tells Samsung they don't need all those screens after all cause this year's iPhones didn't do the numbers they thought they would. Samsung tells Apple fukk that we had a contract and you buying these screens. Apple tells Samsung you know the iPhone X we canceled in favor of the new iPhones. Give us the screens for those instead. We'll uncancel it cause it's cheaper to make.

That's not a good look. They bringing the iPhone X back like it was Family Guy.
they taking several steps back. i wonder if this is what they needed to humble them and make start giving they're customers more value.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
they taking several steps back. i wonder if this is what they needed to humble them and make start giving they're customers more value.
What more value? Cell phone processing power has far exceeded what users are doing on them. It's like getting your grandma an Intel core i9 so she can browse Facebook and read emails. 5 years later she'll still be able to do those same things on that same PC and the impact time has won't be much. It was far overpowered for what she needed anyway.

I guess they can lower prices. The annual phone refresh has simply outpaced the markets needs.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What more value? Cell phone processing power has far exceeded what users are doing on them. It's like getting your grandma an Intel core i9 so she can browse Facebook and read emails. 5 years later she'll still be able to do those same things on that same PC and the impact time has won't be much. It was far overpowered for what she needed anyway.

I guess they can lower prices. The annual phone refresh has simply outpaced the markets needs.
more value would be...
-an $800 "pro" tablet not shipping with more 64 GB (what a fukking joke:heh:)
-the aforementioned tablet their pushing as computer replacement not being crippled by a mobile phone OS and actually utilizing the power your paying for
-not being the absolute last player in the game to offer an oled panel in the phone
-not selling a $750 phone that cant display 1080p in 2019
-not selling basic ass notebooks that can barely handle adobe premire etc for $1100

i could go on and on and on because i use several product lines and i like the products i have but their not even trying to be competitive

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
more value would be...
-an $800 "pro" tablet not shipping with more 64 GB (what a fukking joke:heh:)
-the aforementioned tablet their pushing as computer replacement not being crippled by a mobile phone OS and actually utilizing the power your paying for
-not being the absolute last player in the game to offer an oled panel in the phone
-not selling a $750 phone that cant display 1080p in 2019
-not selling basic ass notebooks that can barely handle adobe premire etc for $1100

i could go on and on and on because i use several product lines and i like the products i have but their not even trying to be competitive
The lowest tablet has 64GBs because they make huge profits on the markups. They know 128GBs is probably the sweet spot so they don't offer it so they can profit on the upsell. It doesn't cost them $150 to go from 64GB to 256GB and 128GBs is deliberately missing.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
unless there's an insane trade in deal, I'm skipping, cause i have an X. next year would be a certain upgrade. all the stuff about iphones slowing down has not happened to my X and i've had it since release day.

I'm looking at the series 5....but i might even wait on that....i heard they might not even drop a series 5 until next year.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
After getting my battery replaced in my 6s, I really don't see myself getting a new iPhone for a while. I did a hard reset on my phone to free up some storage as well. I also buy out all of my phones in cash so there's that too. Even if I'd upgrade it'd probably be for like an 8+ or so.

Cosmetically my phone is in good condition and everything works like it should. If ain't broke, no need to replace it and buy unnecessary stuff :yeshrug:

I will likely need to get another macbook though. One of my Air's shift key isn't working and the battery life is piss poor. I'm thinking the 15' pro.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
unless there's an insane trade in deal, I'm skipping, cause i have an X. next year would be a certain upgrade. all the stuff about iphones slowing down has not happened to my X and i've had it since release day.

I'm looking at the series 5....but i might even wait on that....i heard they might not even drop a series 5 until next year.

You right, next year the real upgrade. You makin the right call holdin off.
After getting my battery replaced in my 6s, I really don't see myself getting a new iPhone for a while. I did a hard reset on my phone to free up some storage as well. I also buy out all of my phones in cash so there's that too. Even if I'd upgrade it'd probably be for like an 8+ or so.

Cosmetically my phone is in good condition and everything works like it should. If ain't broke, no need to replace it and buy unnecessary stuff :yeshrug:

I will likely need to get another macbook though. One of my Air's shift key isn't working and the battery life is piss poor. I'm thinking the 15' pro.
Hold off on the macbook if you can. They gettin rid of that junk butterfly keyboard next year.