Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Brehs that updated to ios12 on the X...did the swipe up fukk up

Nope. I'm straight. Getting the 11 next year. Not enough changes. Hoping for more battery life, USB-C, and a reduced notch. There aren't many more changes to make to a phone. Oh and more durable glass. iPads are rumored to move to USB-C.

What’s the best fast charger for the xs ? The one that came in the box is coo but I want a fast charger or I feel like it’s a better charger :feedme:

I use the Anker 30w power delivery on Amazon.

Here:

You also need a lightning to USB C cable.
Dark mode in Mojave :ohlawd:

FIRE. This 2018 Mac is fire. That keyboard issue is GONE.

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
There's no reason this year's phone's couldn't have better battery.

The XS should've had the battery the Max has. The Max should have a 3600-3700 mah battery. They're known for battery life but they lag on the phone batteries. My watch and Computer battery...hell my 4 year old iPad battery is great. I should be able to go 2 days without charging my phone smh. Even low power mode doesn't help lmao.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nope. I'm straight. Getting the 11 next year. Not enough changes. Hoping for more battery life, USB-C, and a reduced notch. There aren't many more changes to make to a phone. Oh and more durable glass. iPads are rumored to move to USB-C.

I use the Anker 30w power delivery on Amazon.

Here:

You also need a lightning to USB C cable.

FIRE. This 2018 Mac is fire. That keyboard issue is GONE.

What keyboard issue

Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no reason this year's phone's couldn't have better battery.

The XS should've had the battery the Max has. The Max should have a 3600-3700 mah battery. They're known for battery life but they lag on the phone batteries. My watch and Computer battery...hell my 4 year old iPad battery is great. I should be able to go 2 days without charging my phone smh. Even low power mode doesn't help lmao.

They always swear by their devices efficiency and never give the battery size we want. i want a 4000 MAH in the Max like the note has. that would change the game for apple users.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Nah breh. It does feel very secure but I’m still not going to risk it. This is going to be my phone for the next 3-4yrs.
If you are going to take the risk of taking your phone out RAW you better at the very least get a high quality tempered glass screen protector from a company such as JETech. I dropped my iPhone FACE DOWN on concrete a few years ago and it saved my screen completely. Not even a light spot anywhere on the screen.

I picked up my phone and saw the complete spider web like :damn:

I peeled off the screen protector like this can't be happening :snoop::scust:

Once it was all off and noticed my screen was in perfect shape I was like :dwillhuh: :gladbron:

I keep several at home now after that incident :blessed:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
I'm 6s gang as well. Ima be good. At most, an 8 Plus. Apple didn't get it right this year
i hear you. i'm selling my 6s and gettin $300 back on the little deal they got goin on my carrier. so i'll be payin about $550-$600 altogether for the phone. Keep this one for 3-4 years or whatever, rinse and repeat like i always do.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
the negatives im hearing on every review

- ships with 5 watt charger
- no headphone dongle

these issues are pathetic on apples part but i dont really care about either. i use airpods and have not used a factory charging brick in years any way
I havent used a headphone jack for like the past 4 years; Bluetooth has always been more convenient for me. I don't see the big deal. I have job where I can't sit on social media all day so my battery lasts all day. Don't care about fast chargers and what not.

Last edited:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
How is xfinity mobile service? I'm switching from cricket (terrible coverage in my city) cuz of the $300 back on a visa cc deal they got to port over and get a new Xs Max. Mine supposedly is backordered till 10/10/18

It’s running on Verizon towers so it’s fine. I had Verizon previously so I didnt notice any difference. Disable auto connecting to xfinity hot spots, because it’s coded to use the WiFi hotspots over lte.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
i hear you. i'm selling my 6s and gettin $300 back on the little deal they got goin on my carrier. so i'll be payin about $550-$600 altogether for the phone. Keep this one for 3-4 years or whatever, rinse and repeat like i always do.

I was thinking of selling my 6s and copping an 8+ or X but I've always liked keeping two functional phones. I travel quite a bit and I've either misplaced or had my phone stolen, so I like to keep a respectable backup.

Cambodia: I lost my back up S3 (was using a 5s at the time)
Nigeria: Had my 5 pick pocketed while waiting in line at the club :francis:

Sometimes my phones also just crap out or stop working all together. Happened with one of my 5s and my S5 as well.