Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Anybody go from a Plus to the X? How was the transition to the narrower screen?

You'll have a rougher transition going back, little bezel makes watching everything better, you don't notice the screen is narrower too much. I did end up going to 6.5 because I'm used to bigger but there's little to complain about with the X.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
You'll have a rougher transition going back, little bezel makes watching everything better, you don't notice the screen is narrower. I did end up going to 6.5 because I'm used to bigger but there's little to complain about with the X.

How is browsing the coli in portrait mode on it?

It's pretty much the only thing i use my phone for outside of texting and calling people :hamster:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
With the watch I'm torn between the aluminium version which is cheaper or the stainless steel one which is more expensive. The jump in price in between them is ridiculous.
And in true Apple cash grabbing fashion the stainless steel is only available in the LTE version. :stopitslime:

I want the gold stainless tho:takedat:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I mean he isn't wrong. It looks the same and has a larger screen than the XS so people with less money will look at it and go for it just because they like the price better. Why couldn't they put at least a 1080p screen on it? $300 Android phones have 1080p screens.

The XR is weird because much of the internals are the same as the XS. That resolution on a screen that large is an insult. They just did it to create separation from the XS because there's not enough meaningful separation otherwise. If the XR had a 1080p screen most people wouldn't consider the XS.
1080p is not a resolution iOS applications can target without stretching or letterboxing. Apple has weird resolutions due to them having to fit within a multiple of the resolution established during the iPhone 5 era, which was constrained at the time by resolutions established by the first iPhone. It goes all the way back.

TL,DR the resolution sucks, but there is a technical reason behind it (app backwards compatibility)

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
With the watch I'm torn between the aluminium version which is cheaper or the stainless steel one which is more expensive. The jump in price in between them is ridiculous.

And in true Apple cash grabbing fashion the stainless steel is only available in the LTE version. :stopitslime:

I want the gold stainless tho:takedat:

Word, I don’t plan on upgrading from my series 2 watch for a good while but it’s ridiculous they charging 850 for stainless steel cause it’s cellular.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Ios12 messed up my swiping up on the X. A lot of times when I swipe up to close the app it would bring up the close app drawer. It’s just my phone tho others don’t seem to have to problem