Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Having issues adding my wife to the walkie talkie app. On chat right now. It sucks but at least support is always readily available with apple

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nah I think you right.

IOS12 has improved everything for everybody. Seems like they FINALLY got it right. Basically, most the shyt they are touting as XS features are software
I was so happy Apple did that shyt. I finally feel confident I can miss the current model

Apple should be commended for such a move:wow:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
shyt is beta status this early in the game... I’ll wait till I get my new phone because I’m not going to DL iOS 12 on the 8+

Yeah, I'm not mad. I e-chatted for a half hour and then was on the phone for an hour and some change before my problem was escalated to the engineering dept. They're going to get back to me in a couple days. shyt happens. I'll be ok without having a walkie talkie on my wrist for another couple days lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm not mad. I e-chatted for a half hour and then was on the phone for an hour and some change before my problem was escalated to the engineering dept. They're going to get back to me in a couple days. shyt happens. I'll be ok without having a walkie talkie on my wrist for another couple days lol

Word. I’m excited about how useful that will become but I ain’t pressed which is why I wasn’t willing to go through all that update bullshyt on two devices

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Word. I’m excited about how useful that will become but I ain’t pressed which is why I wasn’t willing to go through all that update bullshyt on two devices

Yeah, sometimes we have to go through that, so that others don't go through that haha

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was so happy Apple did that shyt. I finally feel confident I can miss the current model

Apple should be commended for such a move:wow:
I’m not going to commend them for finally dropping a solid OS after a shaky couple of years. I feel like our $1000+ phones deserve that.

But you right. At this point with last years devices having 3 gigs of ram. We’re in a new era as far as how long these can last. A year from now you might need a new battery but your phone will be running smooth.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
At least one of these big tech YouTubers is giving the XR the criticism it deserves.

I’m not going to commend them for finally dropping a solid OS after a shaky couple of years. I feel like our $1000+ phones deserve that.

But you right. At this point with last years devices having 3 gigs of ram. We’re in a new era as far as how long these can last. A year from now you might need a new battery but your phone will be running smooth.
3 GBs of RAM ain't that hot. My Note9 with 8GBs spoiled me. I use a website at work that logs you out every 30 min and many times I don't want the page to refresh. I just open a new tab log back in and can access older info on the old tab that's no longer accessible directly on a refreshed tab. With my iPhone X it's basically not possible because the browser tabs always refresh on my Note9 I can have old tabs from the middle of the day still not refresh at night even running 7-10 different apps all day.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
At least one of these big tech YouTubers is giving the XR the criticism it deserves.

3 GBs of RAM ain't that hot. My Note9 with 8GBs spoiled me. I use a website at work that logs you out every 30 min and many times I don't want the page to refresh. I just open a new tab log back in and can access older info on the old tab that's no longer accessible directly on a refreshed tab. With my iPhone X it's basically not possible because the browser tabs always refresh on my Note9 I can have old tabs from the middle of the day still not refresh at night even running 7-10 different apps all day.

ALL tech vloggers except the aforementioned neegroe are dragging apple for the XR.

Nobody is saying that 3 Gig ram is “hot” in a spec war with android devices. I’m saying it it’s adequate enough for the devices not to be obeselte every other year.

Apple devices famously outperform android devices with less ram. The issue your describing I’ve never came across in my life but wouldn’t disagree that devices with more ram would have the advantage there

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Anyone upgrading from the X to XS in here? If so, why? What about the series 3 to the 4?
I was on the fence until the dual SIM card announcement. I recently moved to Germany and I hate having to keep track of my ATT sim. Only drawback was that I had to pay for the unlocked version entirely up front.