Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I was gonna move from the aluminum to the stainless steel watch but it looks like they're only offering the cellular version. That's weak:stopitslime:

Gentility

Warrior for the Babies
Supporter
Daps
I was gonna move from the aluminum to the stainless steel watch but it looks like they're only offering the cellular version. That's weak:stopitslime:
What’s wrong with that? If you don’t want to use cellular, you don’t have to activate it.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Yea I think iPhone X's are gonna hold value a better than previous 1 yr old models.

I think the XR and Xmax will sell the best.

I think Xs well sell worst because there's nothing on the outside that sets it apart from an iPhone x.

And while this is always true about S cycle upgrades (aside from the 5s w/touch Id) there's also never been an s cycle introduced with an entry-level, bottom tier phone as well.

If you don't wanna spend a stack on a phone, you better off getting the XR or for around the same price, a used X.

Hell, you could probably get a lowered memory X for the same price as the XR.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see XMax be the top seller. Most ppl that are gonna buy these phones are on an upgrade plan. It's only a few more bucks to them.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
eh at everything. i'm sticking with my 6s+ for at least another year.

i just don't see the appeal of a smartwatch. i said it when companies first announced it and still there's nothing enticing about it. seems like another trendy thing to get to feel special.

I thought this until my wife got me an apple watch for my birthday. It's not something i can't live without, but i definitely think it's worth the money to get one.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Chatting with verizon, I can get $300 for my 6s+ towards last years X, and it would only raise my bill by $12. He said something about bestbuy offering a buy one/get one trade in promotion when the new ones drop on the 21st, but I'm not really sure what he meant. $12 a month seems like a good enough deal for me. Should I try to jump on it before my local retailer runs out of their old stock?

Edit: After reading about the improvements of the A12 over the A11, I'll probably just hold out for the XS
The A12 delivers the requisite performance boost over its predecessor, of course. The A12's two high-performance cores are 15 percent faster while consuming 40 percent less power than the A11, while the four efficiency cores on the new CPU are 50 percent more efficient than the A11 inside last year's iPhone X. The A12's GPU is 50 percent faster, too.

But the A12 delivers other noteworthy changes. There's an 8-core neural engine on the A12 that's 9 times faster. It supports things like machine learning and can process up to 5 trillion operations per second. All told, Apple's Schiller said, the A12 processor will "enable new experiences not possible before," even on a phone with a processor as capable as the A11 proved to be. This includes much more immersive and more realistic AR.

Camera: The new A12 processor also includes a new image signal processor (ISP), and that's going to drive a lot of the photographic improvements with the new iPhone. Like the iPhone X before it, the Xs has a 12-megapixel wide-angle lens and a 12-MP telephoto shooter, while the 7-MP TrueDepth camera up front handles selfies.

However, the size of the sensor has gone from 1.2 to 1.4 microns on the iPhone XS and XS Max, and the pixels are deeper as well. The result is a 50 improvement in light gathering capability.

With Smart HDR, your iPhone can capture multiple exposures in a short time frame for a balanced shot. The iPhone Xs is able to capture more exposures in a shorter amount of time, reducing shutter lag to the point where you shouldn't notice it.

Apple says the sensor on the main rear camera is larger, which should help the iPhone Xs grab more light even in darker settings. That's a necessary improvement, as the iPhone X wasn't particularly adept at low-light photography when stacked up against other leading flagship phones.

Other camera improvements on the Xs and Xs Max include the ability to adjust a portrait's depth of field after you've taken the shot — a feature you'll find on some Android smartphones, though not on the original iPhone X. Video capabilities are improved too, with the larger sensor helping capture sharp footage even in low light. The new phones also offer extended dynamic range in video modes up to 30 frames per second.

Face ID: Apple's face-scanning feature returns in the iPhone Xs, which is good since there's no fingerprint sensor to unlock your phone or verify mobile payments. But the neural engine on the A12, combined with improved algroithms, should make Face ID go faster on the new phones than it did on the original iPhone X.

Last edited:
Daps
This is tought I currently have a LG V30 great phone I still finding things out about it. I want to move to iphone and if I choose to I would probably choose the XS(5.8). Ive been on andriod since the sidekick ...lol. I love andriod but I dont use my phone or the customization like many andriod users. In fact I only use my phone for youtube, twitter, instagram, which why I wanted to switch to iphone...

The thing I always laugh at apple for was the ability to offer very few upgrades but for many people have said on the net and absurd price. Some have even said they going move Andriod...which I laught at. After Apple event im glad im waiting to get a new smartphone. I can say i dont like the price but I wanna see the pixel, S10 ,LGV40. I just dont know about that iphone i wanted ...i can say I like the watch thoe.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea I think iPhone X's are gonna hold value a better than previous 1 yr old models.

I think the XR and Xmax will sell the best.

I think Xs well sell worst because there's nothing on the outside that sets it apart from an iPhone x.

And while this is always true about S cycle upgrades (aside from the 5s w/touch Id) there's also never been an s cycle introduced with an entry-level, bottom tier phone as well.

If you don't wanna spend a stack on a phone, you better off getting the XR or for around the same price, a used X.

Hell, you could probably get a lowered memory X for the same price as the XR.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see XMax be the top seller. Most ppl that are gonna buy these phones are on an upgrade plan. It's only a few more bucks to them.

I kinda want to keep my X for symbolic purposes but with my dropping 2 racks on this Max this joint may have to go lol

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
This is tought I currently have a LG V30 great phone I still finding things out about it. I want to move to iphone and if I choose to I would probably choose the XS(5.8). Ive been on andriod since the sidekick ...lol. I love andriod but I dont use my phone or the customization like many andriod users. In fact I only use my phone for youtube, twitter, instagram, which why I wanted to switch to iphone...

The thing I always laugh at apple for was the ability to offer very few upgrades but for many people have said on the net and absurd price. Some have even said they going move Andriod...which I laught at. After Apple event im glad im waiting to get a new smartphone. I can say i dont like the price but I wanna see the pixel, S10 ,LGV40. I just dont know about that iphone i wanted ...i can say I like the watch thoe.

Sounds like you'd be well served by going with an iphone. They come at a premium price-wise, but it'll still be running just as good as new several years down the line, unlike any android I've ever had.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Sounds like you'd be well served by going with an iphone. They come at a premium price-wise, but it'll still be running just as good as new several years down the line, unlike any android I've ever had.
thats the one thing android users consistently willingly ignore. 99% of android devices get so lagged out 1-2 years down the road that its a shyt investment. Imagine dropping 400 a phone that needs a factory reset just to be semi-functional again. only time iphones really get fukked up is immediately after a new update, but they stabilize a lil down the road

Daps
I kinda want to keep my X for symbolic purposes but with my dropping 2 racks on this Max this joint may have to go lol

Man whats tough thoe is that I hear that the Galaxy S10 Will have three cameras on the back plus a glass back with a new overall design . The pixel is suppose be the truth the LGV40 sounds lilke you want be able to "lil breh" it no more...i dont know I have to really look at my option.

Now what I like about iphones to a fault of them is that they dont do much upgrading year to year so i could keep it up to 3/4 years the operating system is smooth even thoe im a google man at heart.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Man whats tough thoe is that I hear that the Galaxy S10 Will have three cameras on the back plus a glass back with a new overall design . The pixel is suppose be the truth the LGV40 sounds lilke you want be able to "lil breh" it no more...i dont know I have to really look at my option.

Now what I like about iphones to a fault of them is that they dont do much upgrading year to year so i could keep it up to 3/4 years the operating system is smooth even thoe im a google man at heart.

I`m super straight on Android. I got an Android work phone just to stay in the loop for development purposes.

Daps
thats the one thing android users consistently willingly ignore. 99% of android devices get so lagged out 1-2 years down the road that its a shyt investment. Imagine dropping 400 a phone that needs a factory reset just to be semi-functional again. only time iphones really get fukked up is immediately after a new update, but they stabilize a lil down the road

It funny you say that that has not happen to me yet. I can admit my LG V30 just started acting weird apps closing on they own but for the most part it still a good phone and for the record the only reasin I beleive its acting up is because they coming out with another LG V30 in october :lolbron:i will say the smooth down the line on am iphone is something as a andriod user ive Envy to a degree. I say to a degree because I haven't used the pixel since its stock Android. I don't hear this complaint from Pixel on us or one plus 6 owners.

Daps
I`m super straight on Android. I got an Android work phone just to stay in the loop for development purposes.

I always say from an andriod user perspective. If anybody goes from iphone to andriod go for the pixel one plus 6 and or a Galaxy.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It funny you say that that has not happen to me yet. I can admit my LG V30 just started acting weird apps closing on they own but for the most part it still a good phone and for the record the only reasin I beleive its acting up is because they coming out with another LG V30 in october :lolbron:i will say the smooth down the line on am iphone is something as a andriod user ive Envy to a degree. I say to a degree because I haven't used the pixel since its stock Android. I don't hear this complaint from Pixel on us or one plus 6 owners.
Yeah thats why I said 90%. Newest Samsungs, Googles, maybe OPO and Huawei are just to a higher standard. Im not necessarily saying your V30 goes to shyt after a few years, but Im sure its noticeably slowed down