Official Apple 9/12/18 Event Thread | iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, Apple Watch Series 4, iOS 12 & Mac OS

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I'm still trying to figure out what's bad about the XR.

it's much cheaper and has a bigger screen than the XS

The only downside is it don't have Force is which is no big deal.

Apple watch generation 4 is pricey as hell vs the generation 3.

XR side band is aluminum, XS is stainless steel
Black bezel around the screen is thicker on XR
XR is LCD, XS is OLED
XR has single camera

Most people will be just fine with the XR

I'm not even showing the X on the Apple site or their refurbished site either.

They discontinued it so ppl can't buy a discounted X over the XS

X resell prices went up leading up to yesterday, idk about now. Since it didn't get a price cut a year later I could see it holding value a little better than other iPhones and ppl going for a used X over a new XS.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm still trying to figure out what's bad about the XR.

it's much cheaper and has a bigger screen than the XS

The only downside is it don't have Force is which is no big deal.

Apple watch generation 4 is pricey as hell vs the generation 3.
The display for one, the XR has the same display as the 8, 720 HD LCD (which is really inexcusable in today's time, you have Droid phones with 1080 HD displays at 300 dollars), the camera is slightly better on the XR when compared to the 8, and a slightly better battery (supposedly). The iPhone 8 plus is the better value when compared to the XR.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
njuijr.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
The display for one, the XR has the same display as the 8, 720 HD LCD (which is really inexcusable in today's time, you have Droid phones with 1080 HD displays at 300 dollars), the camera is slightly better on the XR when compared to the 8, and a slightly better battery (supposedly). The iPhone 8 plus is the better value when compared to the XR.

I was just gonna say this...inexcusable to have a sub-HD screen on a nearly $800 phone in 2018...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wouldn’t buy a “5G” phone until 3-4 years from now when the standard actually is a standard

Nothing exciting. Mostly some slightly cool features like the screen time data, but that shyt isn’t headliner status. Nothing major in the slightest this year concerning the phone or os
Fixed 5G goes live this year on Verizon with no bandwidth caps on home internet service. I’ll be holding on to my iPhone X and Note9 until a 5G phone is viable. It’s likely next years iPhone has 5G on it.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps

How do people justify paying 750 for a phone that can't display 1080p in 2018:hhh:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
No. Only people who should be upgrading are those who want to go to the Max or have a 7 or earlier. I'm a "tech enthusiast" so I get every iPhone but I wouldn't t recommend the avg person do this stuff lol

There’s a difference between being a tech enthusiast and getting a new iPhone every year

There’s is absolutely nothing to be enthused about if you have an X already