Official Apple 9/10/19 Special Event Thread: “By Innovation Only” 1PM ET

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
but that crowd is slimming. there will always be early adopters, those who have to have the latest, that's not a critical segment of the market like it was 7-12 years ago when a new phone truly represented big upgrades or design changes. just seems weird to still produce quantities at that level on an annual basis. i know they sell (although a couple years ago they weren't), and with their trade in program they're still making necessary bank, but seems like moving to at least an 18 month cycle would be a better compromise.
It's slimming but seems there is still enough people buying it for them to still do these yearly releases. IMO the same people that would buy them after 12 months will be the same ones buying in 18 months since like you said there isn't that much they can still upgrade on these phones.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Plus they drop the Usb-C

I thought this year phones would allow phone to phone wireless charging. Did I miss that????
Phone to phone charging is super inefficient so the feature was likely scrapped due to it.
For instance, I charged my homeboy's X with my S10+ and i lost 30 percent charging his phone to 7%

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
at least I'll have some extra cash for some other cool shyt this year. Nothing here interested me and no black airpods.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Phone to phone charging is super inefficient so the feature was likely scrapped due to it.
For instance, I charged my homeboy's X with my S10+ and i lost 30 percent charging his phone to 7%

Even if inefficient, it'd be dope cuz u could charge two phones with one charger with one plugged in and the other doing wireless phone to phone.

drifter

Superstar
Daps

It's early so its main purpose is to charge accessories atm, it's not inefficient. Samsung's the only one that ran with it as more for marketing.

No excuse to not have it beyond them not being able to figure out wireless charging, same story with AirPower

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
I'm shocked they didn't talk about iOS 13 at all. Even tho folks like me on beta have had it for months.
They had a whole conference dedicated to it, why would they talk about it again? They made references there’s no need to go over it again.

But I’m out £1049 up from £999 in the UK, for a 64GB phone?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They've gotta be joking having 64gb as entry level storage
Thats why im on a 512GB XS i got for cheap.

People droppin a stack just to see this
No-Photo-Space.jpg

:lolbron:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
They had a whole conference dedicated to it, why would they talk about it again? They made references there’s no need to go over it again.

But I’m out £1049 up from £999 in the UK, for what?

Yeah that's jokes. What's the trade in price looking like for you? 64GB (laughable) for me on a Pro Max is $499 with trade in, $399 regular Pro. Crazy cheap.

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
I’m usually in the off-2 year cycle where I get the shytty upgraded iPhone instead of the brand new one ..

Like I just paid off my last bill for the 8 this month (2 years)...so I’m due for an upgrade, but I really think it’s best if i wait it out for the new one next year...nikkas really thinking we out here tryna have legit photo shoots with our smart phones

At least my phone bill will be cheaper for the next year