Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just got back form seeing it. I thought the movie was pretty fun. I don't love it as much as other people have, but I enjoyed myself. I would put it right in the middle of the MCU solo films.

I really liked old man Pym.

Scott: Why don't we call the Avengers?
Pym: They're probably too busy dropping cities out of the sky.

The fight scenes were great.

Back it up, just back it up, baaaccck it up, nope just baaaaaacccck it up.......

Yeah same. I like Guardians, Ironman and Cap the 1st Avenger better than this. It only beats Thor and Hulk as far as origin movies for me.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
i jokingly say it alot but i legit dont think it'll burst til after infinity wars pt 2, atleast for marvel. DC still is building its universe but i dont know the time table for all their things.

marvel set it up well because if ant man flopped they would bounce right back with civil war. the movies they have left to worry about are strange, captain marvel and black panther, of which i think cap marvel has the highest flop potential. but even with those infinity war pt 1 and 2 will do a billy each.
With the amount of heroes that should be in those movies, it's hard to see a flop...

On top of the fact that they're already establishing all these individual characters in individual movies and becoming successes. If they can turn Antman and Guardians into some of their best movies, they should be able to do it with Strange and BP as well

And they've already slipped kindaon some of their more established characters (Thor2, Hulk1, Ironman3) but most of those characters get more shine as Avengers. If they keep up the great storytelling, directing, and acting then :wow:

They've even turned Daredevil into a hot ass Netflix show. S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten better and despite me not caring, even Agent Carter got renewed so someone's watching

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I thought it was funny that T.I. is credited as Tip "T.I." Harris, like Tip is his real first name :mjlol:
shyt that reminds me i was rollin to myself when they were in the car and he was talking about how the crown vic was a popular cop car

i immediately thought of the coli and his DepuTI nickname and all the fukkery about being a snitch and informant :dead:

also when Pena went back for the guy he left tied up before the place exploded reminded me of the ongoing fukkery about saving civilians that a certain ryan gosling lover and other coli posters like to go back and forth about :lolbron:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:francis:I don't think this was guaranteed a trilogy, they've given him his solo and seen he's not a heavy hitter much like hulk he will just be part of an ensemble from now.

As for the movie y'all are real generous with your praise it was good not great. Every character was good the action was great but it just felt like they were playing small ball the whole time. Never really felt something of real importance was at stake.

While I liked that they had an avenger in the movie falcon reminded a lot of the NWO days where there were so many factions and one was led by virgil. Dude is literally a jobber just :scust:

:salute:To Pena hated for the longest time for his cheesy role and the praise he got in crash but since end of watch I have come to respect his acting. A lesser actor would have took his character in this and come off bad

I thought his parts in the beginning were hilarious. Especially in the van when he told lang how his life was.

But i thought he was a bit over the top once they brought the 3 back in the last act.

Either way i still stan for him, he's the great brown hope :mjcry:

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
58 mil opening. Lowest of all Marvel films

Fatigue setting in? :lupe:
Ant-Man as a concept is a hard sell. Much harder than your stereotypical superhero film. Even the name itself sounds silly.

The fact that it's not flopping says a lot though. Marvel Studios can pretty much throw any character out there and people will watch. Comic popularity and relevance doesn't even matter anymore which is crazy.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it, they actually made an entertaining antman movie:wow:

Pina killed it with the storytelling.:mjlol: And mike douglas actually tried in this one.:ehh:

Even though he gave falcon that work, i'm still :patrice: on buying paul rudd as a superhero.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just saw it, they actually made an entertaining antman movie:wow:

Pina killed it with the storytelling.:mjlol: And mike douglas actually tried in this one.:ehh:

Even though he gave falcon that work, i'm still :patrice: on buying paul rudd as a superhero.
Ant-man is the right kind of superhero for Rudd to play no machismo doesn't need to be frolic he just gets by on smarts and his suit. Sounds like you were prepared not to be sold on him no matter what :francis:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ant-Man as a concept is a hard sell. Much harder than your stereotypical superhero film. Even the name itself sounds silly.

The fact that it's not flopping says a lot though. Marvel Studios can pretty much throw any character out there and people will watch. Comic popularity and relevance doesn't even matter anymore which is crazy.
58 mill for them is pretty darn lean breh

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
:francis:I don't think this was guaranteed a trilogy, they've given him his solo and seen he's not a heavy hitter much like hulk he will just be part of an ensemble from now.

As for the movie y'all are real generous with your praise it was good not great. Every character was good the action was great but it just felt like they were playing small ball the whole time. Never really felt something of real importance was at stake.

While I liked that they had an avenger in the movie falcon reminded a lot of the NWO days where there were so many factions and one was led by virgil. Dude is literally a jobber just :scust:

:salute:To Pena hated for the longest time for his cheesy role and the praise he got in crash but since end of watch I have come to respect his acting. A lesser actor would have took his character in this and come off bad

Falcon is that dude, yes he took an L but he will bounce back:ufdup:
were you on some form of medication when you typed that :what:
its in my top 5 right after winter soldier:smugbiden:
I went back to see it again today and I was still laughing my ass off as if it was the first time I saw it

Rebel Soldier

He’s good
Daps
Reppin
Georgia
58 mill for them is pretty darn lean breh
Ant-man could've easily been a critical and financial flop man. It's not even close to being a bankable concept. None of the other studios would even think about green lighting a project like this. I thought the film was going to flop personally.