Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
im not talking about "comedy," per se. You're making it seem like i want fart jokes thrown in a gas chamber scene... every movie needs a little levity. i honestly don't care about what you think, or enough to keep arguing, but fukk your movie if you don't even attempt to lighten the mood even a little.

Chris Nolan has his little "I'm a Brit, so here is what you're supposed to interpret as dry wit" every now and then, but his movies are some of the most humorless fukkin 5 hours of your life. nearly impossible to watch more than once and that's a major reason. Friggin Inception is basically his "funniest" movie and it's b/c Tom Hardy was kinda fruity and JGL kissed Juno.

Ant-man though - ima see that shyt Tuesday and I'm sure I'll watch it again on Starz down the line!

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Video explaining the post credit scene + article explaining easter eggs from Ant-man.
9qcQHOC.png

And link to article of easter eggs

I wanna watch the post credit scene again, anyone got a good lank? :to:

I only stayed for the wasp one :snoop::to:

Last edited:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uh, no. Not every movie needs comedy. It's about the characters and the story. What works well for Ant-Man isn't going to work for Batman. Schumacher turned Batman into a joke fest and everyone complained and hated it.
Aint nobody refrencing Batman and Robin when talking bout the old Batmans. :comeon:

That's the only one i never re watch.The 1st 3 classic though.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol @ this. Lol at a movie being "boring" because it isn't a comedy. My first thought was correct. You are immature as hell. :manny:
It's a fukking super hero movie.If anything he is mature as hell.Nobody trying to take no super hero movie super serious gtfo

he's dressed up like a fukking bat for gods sake

Conz

Superstar
Daps
oh and btw, for anyone who harps on the Snyder Justice League movies being dark and brooding. i have faith that characters like the Flash will add a little humor here and there.

shyt, Eisenberg's "the red capes are coming" line from the BvS trailer was more "humorous" than Nolan even tried to be

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I've said it a million times, every movie needs a little comedy. could be the darkest, scariest, most deep movie ever, and if there isn't a little humor sprinkled in, it's too much of a draining slog.

If Nolan incorporated about 5% more "comedy" to any of his movies, I'd be able to re-watch them and they wouldn't feel like they're 5 hours long
they felt 5 hours long well BB & TDKR did because unlike with TDK (where he was able to get away doing it being it was plot driven) his movies actually treated the genre as if it was the black member of the family we shouldn't ever mention

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Did he say "literally EVERY movie needs to sprinkle in light moments" or did you say that? Where was the humor in No Country For Old Men? Or The Road? And here's the thing, if you can find a humorous moment in either it wont matter because those moments aren't what resonate with the viewer. Critics aren't highlighting the moments of levity in The Godfather. This constant badgering about humor in movies makes a lot of nikkas come off sophomoric as hell. I expect humor in comedies. If it's not a comedy I could care less if there's a light moment or not
i couldnt tell if he was trolling or not so i didnt respond.

what the movie is actually about dictates whether there needs to be some levity or not. requiem for a dream is about depressing the fukk out of you not adding some humor to lighten the mood

Ant-man though - ima see that shyt Tuesday
thats all its about at the end of the day :salute:

continue to support us Marvel and quality film :salute:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
i couldnt tell if he was trolling or not so i didnt respond.

what the movie is actually about dictates whether there needs to be some levity or not. requiem for a dream is about depressing the fukk out of you not adding some humor to lighten the mood

thats all its about at the end of the day :salute:

continue to support us Marvel and quality film :salute:
Breh you gone share some the revenue Marvel I mean Disney giving you with the Brehs :feedme: