Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ant-Man is right up there with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man and Marvel's The Avengers as the best of the MCU.

The comedy with Rudd and especially Pena was on point, the action with Yellowjacket was great and humorous and the fight scene in the middle of the movie with you know who was one of the better action sequences they've done... it was great how they showed both characters strengths and weaknesses.. I won't spoil who he was fighting but you'll see.

This was so much better than Age of Ultron. No complaints. I'll be copping the Blu. :salute:

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished seeing the movie! Loved every second of it! All the characters meshed well together on top of being very funny. Definitely one of my favorite Marvel movies by far!
And that's how super hero movies/summer blockbusters are supposed to be!

Spades Of Aces said:
One huge difference I realized between Marvel and DC is that Marvel doesn't take itself too seriously while DC does.
Been saying this.I'm expecting another snorfest like the recent Batmans.

Sounds like Marvel :king:'n it again.Looking forward to seeing Ant-Man.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
why do these movies need to be funny again? Are comic book movies more in the comedy or action genre :why:
I've said it a million times, every movie needs a little comedy. could be the darkest, scariest, most deep movie ever, and if there isn't a little humor sprinkled in, it's too much of a draining slog.

If Nolan incorporated about 5% more "comedy" to any of his movies, I'd be able to re-watch them and they wouldn't feel like they're 5 hours long

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Uh, no. Not every movie needs comedy. It's about the characters and the story. What works well for Ant-Man isn't going to work for Batman. Schumacher turned Batman into a joke fest and everyone complained and hated it.

Y'all need to stop being stans and simply discuss the movie this thread was intended. :mjlol:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
literally EVERY movie needs to sprinkle in light moments. every single one.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
im pretty sure - and i could be wrong, b/c i don't remember - there was at least one short "we're making the best of our situation b/c of this positive influence" type scene in that movie. which to me, is a "light" moment. And you're obviously picking one of the most extreme subjects, fukkin slavery.

Batman is a dude in a rubber suit and there's less light than a war movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
im pretty sure - and i could be wrong, b/c i don't remember - there was at least one short "we're making the best of our situation b/c of this positive influence" type scene in that movie. which to me, is a "light" moment. And you're obviously picking one of the most extreme subjects, fukkin slavery.

Batman is a dude in a rubber suit and there's less light than a war movie.

You've never read a Batman story in your life so how about you comment on something you know a little bit about :heh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I've seen the movies... I'm talking about movies in this here movie thread.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
But on that point why do you think they ramp up the comedy and their movies arent so overly violent or demur do u think the plan isn't to get parents to take their children to see the movies over and over again? Spare me the fanwar rhetoric I am non partisan just because I might say something in favour of one and criticize the other doesn't mean I am in the tank for either. I can see the forest for the trees I just call it as I see it
big business trying to make money?! :mindblown:

Disney making films that entire families can see?! :mindblown:

yeah we know why they do it, to hit as many demographics as possible, which is a smart business plan and is why they have been dominating for years with B, C and now D list comic characters

the point is the movies are still enjoyable and the comedy doesnt detract from the overall quality of the film

the "snobbery" comes from both sides. but i've seen more of it from DC fans/Marvel haters than from Marvel stans. but that little brother complex is moreso probably just due to the success that Marvel has been able to sustain

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
And you're obviously picking one of the most extreme subjects, fukkin slavery.
Did he say "literally EVERY movie needs to sprinkle in light moments" or did you say that? Where was the humor in No Country For Old Men? Or The Road? And here's the thing, if you can find a humorous moment in either it wont matter because those moments aren't what resonate with the viewer. Critics aren't highlighting the moments of levity in The Godfather. This constant badgering about humor in movies makes a lot of nikkas come off sophomoric as hell. I expect humor in comedies. If it's not a comedy I could care less if there's a light moment or not

Conz

Superstar
Daps
and those movies are fukkin torturous, long, depressing, boring, overrated movies. if you don't try to inject even a little humor in the darkest movies, fukk your movie.