Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Just finished seeing the movie! Loved every second of it! All the characters meshed well together on top of being very funny. Definitely one of my favorite Marvel movies by far!

One huge difference I realized between Marvel and DC is that Marvel doesn't take itself too seriously while DC does.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just finished seeing the movie! Loved every second of it! All the characters meshed well together on top of being very funny. Definitely one of my favorite Marvel movies by far!

One huge difference I realized between Marvel and DC is that Marvel doesn't take itself too seriously while DC does.
you write that like you have just stumbled upon a new revelation. And we don't know how serious the DC universe will be they've just made one flick and that was a miscalculated underwhelming farce

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Well, sorry if that ruffled your feathers a bit but it was something that I came away with after watching the Ant-Man movie. In my opinion, I don't think that the DC universe will have much humor if any. I can see that they're trying to create a mature, dark atmosphere while Marvel is more or less light-hearted with some serious elements to it. At the end of the day, I'll be watching every single movie that will come out of these two giants.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I got

GOTG
ANTMAN
Avengers
CA:TWS
AOU
IRONMAN...

Honestly I can't really put them in any order. All were epic in their own way. Those my top and I just liked GOTG because of the music/hilariousness but AntMan just upped the anty

MCU killing the game :wow:
you know what, i wont even ask you how :wow:

Funny scenes:

Michael Pena telling those long-ass stories
The train and ant and tank blown up
Michael Pena telling the guy to back up the van
The Baskin Robbins manager scene

Movie was awesome, i knew it would be good after seeing that second trailer.
baskin robins always finds out :pachaha:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Well, sorry if that ruffled your feathers a bit but it was something that I came away with after watching the Ant-Man movie. In my opinion, I don't think that the DC universe will have much humor if any. I can see that they're trying to create a mature, dark atmosphere while Marvel is more or less light-hearted with some serious elements to it. At the end of the day, I'll be watching every single movie that will come out of these two giants.
the thing is even Nolan's flicks had humour it just wasn't laugh out loud. In the end that is adequate but this whole idea that the situation of ppl with abilities is so farfetched and out of this world that we need to add comedy and laugh with it has an air of snobbery but whatever

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
the thing is even Nolan's flicks had humour it just wasn't laugh out loud. In the end that is adequate but this whole idea that the situation of ppl with abilities is so farfetched and out of this world that we need to add comedy and laugh with it has an air of snobbery but whatever
more snobbish than thinking that comedy equates to something that is only for children and adults should only enjoy movies about fictional (childrens) characters with depressing overtones, dark/mute colors, and cynicism for 2+ hours :ohhh:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
what is this so called "humor" in the Nolan Batman's? I'm asking honestly. a character smiled once? the main character was named the Joker, and i don't remember much of what he did being "funny" in any definition of the word? Is slamming a dude's head on a pencil "funny?" ... i guess?

Bruce Wayne is a humorless c*nt, and from the looks of Affleck, that won't change. Dude didn't even smile once at Comic-con. ... but honestly, i don't care. i'm just asking

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
what is this so called "humor" in the Nolan Batman's? I'm asking honestly. a character smiled once? the main character was named the Joker, and i don't remember much of what he did being "funny" in any definition of the word? Is slamming a dude's head on a pencil "funny?" ... i guess?

Bruce Wayne is a humorless c*nt, and from the looks of Affleck, that won't change. Dude didn't even smile once at Comic-con. ... but honestly, i don't care. i'm just asking
I don't have the time to go through the whole franchise but the fight with al ghoul where Bruce thinks he has him then al strikes the ice with Bruce falling through. The next scene with Bruce shivering around the fire seemed very Tom and Jerry. Another bit of lighthearted humour was the scene at the table with dent where he tells the staff to rearrange the seating and dent says you can't do that and Bruce replies "it's okay I own the place" very matter of fact. Subtle comedy like that is the right kind of humour what marvel does is actually a form of self deprecation like this is so fukin absurd let's add a bunch of comedy and have a gay ole time with this, it will be so funny :beli:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i mean, yeah, very subtle comedy in the sense that most human interaction has a hint of comedy. even Holocaust movies probably have instances of that. that being said, i would consider the DK trilogy some of the least comedic movies ever made

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
more snobbish than thinking that comedy equates to something that is only for children and adults should only enjoy movies about fictional (childrens) characters with depressing overtones, dark/mute colors, and cynicism for 2+ hours :ohhh:
did I say comedy is for children? But on that point why do you think they ramp up the comedy and their movies arent so overly violent or demur do u think the plan isn't to get parents to take their children to see the movies over and over again? Spare me the fanwar rhetoric I am non partisan just because I might say something in favour of one and criticize the other doesn't mean I am in the tank for either. I can see the forest for the trees I just call it as I see it

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
i mean, yeah, very subtle comedy in the sense that most human interaction has a hint of comedy. even Holocaust movies probably have instances of that. that being said, i would consider the DK trilogy some of the least comedic movies ever made
why do these movies need to be funny again? Are comic book movies more in the comedy or action genre :why:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

The part of TDK night when that dude was saying he was going to out Bruce Wayne as Batman. And Morgan Freeman explained how bad an idea that was. That was pretty funny.
But I specifically remember a couple of one liners in The Dark Knight Rises like Morgan Freeman calling Catwomen Batman's girlfriend and she is all like "In your dreams' that came off pretty bland.