Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
yea. the scene that struck me the most was at the end when ant man and yellowjacket are fighting in the briefcase and end up inside the pool of a nice ass house and you see an entire black family living the life instead of the typical cacs :blessed:
A real niguh would have ran as soon as they saw them but i get your point

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Thats a nice design.
Too bad the j world poster was a disgrace

As for ant man this poster was better than the movie for me. It had a spark when it started but i was bored through most of it. I thought the dialogue was awful and The sfx were pretty bad. Most of the jokes fell flat too and some :patrice: performances (evangeline lily)

I liked the style when michael pena was telling stories and wish it somehow kept it throughout. But it turned typical marvel formula.

I absolutely loved the first 20 minutes but it didn't hold up for me after that. Felt really small in scale as well. May have been the point but damn near the whole movie took place in hank pyms crib.

6/10. Maybe a 7 as i digest it more but no higher.

There are things to enjoy in it so worth a matinee (no double toasted)

Last edited:

Pammy91

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Never you mind....
I just got back from seeing it. It was so good. The end credit scenes.... :banderas: I'm glad they didn't over do it with the humor. Great balance of humor and action. I think this was a good way to end Phase 2.I can't wait for Phase 3 to start in 2016 :ohlawd::noah:

The Ant Man/Falcon fight was my favorite part and the Wasp suit looked awesome I hope she has a cameo in Civil War (she most likely won't but it would be cool to see).
"We got dudes that climb walls" :skip:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Too bad the j world poster was a disgrace

As for ant man this poster was better than the movie for me. It had a spark when it started but i was bored through most of it. I thought the dialogue was awful and The sfx were pretty bad. Most of the jokes fell flat too and some :patrice: performances

I liked the style when michael pena was telling stories and wish it somehow kept it throughout. But it turned typical marvel formula.

6/10
The special effects were bad?! I thought the opposite, very impressive IMO.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope movie! Like someone said it felt more like a heist movie than a marvel flick and guess what haters? The final fight wasnt in the sky with random weaklings being merked. The room battle was creative and had people cracking up.

U kno its a good movie experience when people are laughing and clapping at the same scenes. Paul Rudd killed it too

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I just got back from seeing it. It was so good. The end credit scenes.... :banderas: I'm glad they didn't over do it with the humor. Great balance of humor and action. I think this was a good way to end Phase 2.I can't wait for Phase 3 to start in 2016 :ohlawd::noah:

The Ant Man/Falcon fight was my favorite part and the Wasp suit looked awesome I hope she has a cameo in Civil War (she most likely won't but it would be cool to see).
"We got dudes that climb walls" :skip:

Ant-man and wasp are pretty big members of the avengers so I actually expect to see them. Civil War better be like a 4 hour movie tho :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I went into this with low expectations and was blown away. No really, it's really well done. It's a lot better than Age of Ultron. I don't mind some humor in these movies if it's going to be written well and it was. No surprise I like Paul Rudd quite a bit and he delivered here for real. He was legit. I really bought dude as a useful member for the Avengers moving forward. All of the action sequences between he and Yellowjacket were put together well too. It was light but I felt that fit the context more than buildings falling, people dying and nikkas still trying to get their one liners in. Michael Douglas was cool as Hank. I wouldn't mind seeing a period piece with him.

Oh and the fight between
Ant-Man and The Falcon
was dope as fukk. It had a cool dynamic to it showing off their respective strengths and weaknesses. :myman:

Good movie. I'd put it way above the Iron Man sequel crap and Age of Ultron. I'd put it above both Thor movies too. :manny:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This movie was great JUST for the scenes with Michael Pena telling stories. The story at the end with old boy stretched out talking to the reporter like it was a 90s R&B video was fukking hilarious.
Seriously, I want to watch those Michael Pena flashback scenes 100 times and memorize them. They're that good.