Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
"ANT-MAN'S" CONNECTION TO THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE EXPLORED WITH NEW IMAGES

With the latest of their superhero special issues,Empire Magazinehave put Marvel Studios' "Ant-Man"under the microscope. And while that means a new slate of stills from the film have cropped up across the web (see below), the cover story has also revealed some new information on how the movie will synch up with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. (via ComicBookMovie)

First and foremost, with a new Avengers lineupin place, the magazine asked director Peyton Reed whether any of them -- such as Anthony Mackie's Falcon -- would be popping up in the story of Scott Lang. "That's classified information. That's buried. It's possible," Reed replied.

For behind-the-scenes info, it appears one of the major differences between removed director Edgar Wright's take on the character and the version we'll be seeing on July 17 was a slightly darker tone more in line with the other Marvel Studios movies.

"For one thing Marvel have let me explore the dark side of Hank Pym, this tortured, guilt-ridden guy," Reed said of his changes to the screenplay. "I love that this is a mentor/pupil story, but with a fukked up pupil and a really fukked up mentor."

"I think the most defining difference between the two scripts was that Edgar's didn't take itself as seriously," actress Evangeline Lilly added. "It was fun and silly and brilliant irreverent - a romp from beginning to end, in classic English fashion. Whereas where we've gotten to is so much more American. There's tons of levity, but just as much emotion."

Check out the rest of the images from the feature below, and stay tuned to CBR for more on "Ant-Man."
2-Br5EqHz-f4330.jpg

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I have no clue how you can hate that line breh. It encapsulates everything about Marlo and the difference between he and Stringer which of course is a foreshadowing to how he deals with getting to that spot Stringer wanted
one of the goat lines. I'm shocked that he hates it. It's got album named after it. Word to Pusha T

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they're not doing themselves any favors with this. internet likes taking jabs but they are less than 2 months out and haven't really been promoting it at all yet. not that i want them to show the whole damn movie, but they probably have a ton of cool shyt they can show. 2nd trailer was great

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Connecting it to the main MCU is how the weaker movies eat well just because its moving the story along. Iron man 3 came after avengers and got that huge push so this will get the same and its a prequel to civil aka avengers 2.5 as they call it.

Paul Rudd is hilarious so im already in

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
When this movie drops tho..... and its the "Guardians" of 2016....... Just gonna come back to this thread like :childplease:
I called GOTG a hit from seeing the first teaser...this one though. Doesn't have that appeal. It could be a sleeper hit just cause of marvel but it may very well not be deserving of the success. I will wait until I see more but so far I have no interest.