Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
apes came out a month before, that's not comp....turtles came out the week after, so i give you that comp...and lol at lucy being comp....that movie wasnt comp for gotg....so, besides turtles, gotg came out with nothing to threaten it nor it's chance at having staying power at the theaters, which it ended up having.....now compare that to ant-man coming out in july....there will be comp before, and the comp after kills the chance at staying power....

Marvel is got alot of balls and faith people will see this movie above all others.... I'm sure it will be connected to the larger MCU, that's partially why im seeing it...

Conz

Superstar
Daps
worst case, it just injects a couple more characters into the group movies, no?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

This.

I wasn't super :krs: over the Thor or Captain America movies either, until "The Winter Soldier". So worst case scenario, the movie is :ld: and it still adds Ant-Man to the roster later on down the road.

This is what I was trying to explain in another thread, about DC vs Marvel. Marvel has built in good will for a lot of their movies because they're just one piece of the puzzle.

Fred.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel is got alot of balls and faith people will see this movie above all others.... I'm sure it will be connected to the larger MCU, that's partially why im seeing it...

you right, they do...that's why i said originally they smelling themselves...whether it flops or not was just my opinion...

yea, i'm sure it will connect to the larger universe some how....i just think they banking on that marvel stamp drawing people in to see a character that's not that popular, even if it connects to the larger universe....i'm being nice by just saying ant man is a c level character......we'll see when it drops if the marvel stamp is as strong as they thinking....

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

I think that's the only reason they didn't scrap this movie. They need him and whoever Lilly winds up being for Infinity War and the MCU in general.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
But that's what people said about the guardians of the galaxy...:sas2:
Well Peyton Reed is no James Gunn though. The concept for GOTG was bizarre as hell but Gunn has a better rep as a writer/director than Reed does.
I am more likely to be optimistic in a James Gunn directed movie over a Reed directed film.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Well Peyton Reed is no James Gunn though. The concept for GOTG was bizarre as hell but Gunn has a better rep as a writer/director than Reed does.
I am more likely to be optimistic in a James Gunn directed movie over a Reed directed film.

I give everyone a chance though alot of directors surprising me like the Russo bros. :myman:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
why do yall want this to flop??

yall should be hoping this shyt does well and is good
like if this does well it will encourage other studios to go out on a limb with movies and not rely on the same big name properties and reboots
nikkas been praying on marvels downfall for a while now :yeshrug:

if this doesnt flop they'll move on to captain marvel

Conz

Superstar
Daps
James Gunn's previous 2 movies - Slither and Super - both fukkin sucked, and im sick of people acting like they didn't fukkin suck.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
But that's what people said about the guardians of the galaxy...:sas2:

Guardians was different though. It got way from earth all together. This takes place on earth and because their were no after credit scenes or Easter Eggs in previous films, doubts loom. I knew Guardians would be dope. This.. I don't know. Watching the trailer, the shyt felt like a spider man or fantastic 4 promo.

Right now Marvel has enough juice and rep points to where I will hold judgment until I finish watching. At the end of the day, Iron Man 2 and 3 were Marvel's biggest flops from an entertainment stand point so I doubt it will be as bad as those.