Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel dont make flops, mediocre, sometimes. yes. but it's 50/50 with them.... it could be another guardians or it could be an Iron Man 3.... how it' turns out is anyone's guess....

I was familiar with the GOTG story anyways... ant-man my only concern was that they should have focused on hank pym, lang was after but all things considered, lang for all intents and purposes is a loveable scumbag...

This movie should have some hilarious moments. antman's suit can not only shrink, it can also grow..... :youngsabo:

mediocre is talking about quailty, flop is talking about money, which is 2 different things...i dont think this movie will have the drawing power to make back it's budget...if it came out at another time of the year and had a tie-in to the marvel universe that was well known before it dropped, it might have a chance...as of right now, i dont think it does cause of how marvel has handled it....we'll see....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the shyt came out at the end of the summer in late aug...nothing else was coming out at the time threatening it....where as ant-man is coming out in july, right in the middle of blockbuster season...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yes breh accommodate I told you I understand the word and what he's saying but when he says "this version" you're assuming he didn't want Lang. You're assuming that he didn't want to tell this story. You're assuming that he means this version of the character and not the movie in itself and also assuming that every thing they're doing is a version of the character anyway. As I said, I get where you're coming from but in my opinion, if he didn't want this version, we wouldn't be getting it and I stand by that. Nothing they've done prior to this has shown me otherwise. You feel how you feel, I feel how I feel so until either one of us gets him in a face to face to ask him exactly how he feels, that's all we have to go on. I believe that a studio as meticulous as this will always make sure something fits in with the grand plan even if that means that you have to take characters out of other movies or change certain origins (Ultron) but it will all have to fit. You believe differently and that's cool but I'm sticking to my guns

When Feige says, 'this version of Ant-Man' what does that mean to you? Just curious.
Seems to me he is referring directly to Scott Lang. Crazy right?!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When Feige says, 'this version of Ant-Man' what does that mean to you? Just curious.
Seems to me he is referring directly to Scott Lang. Crazy right?!

Breh you're killing me lol. I clearly said you feel how you feel, I feel how I feel. Obviously neither one of us re going to have our minds changed. For me, it means this interpretation of the character, not specifically "Scott Lang" or even "Hank Pym" but just this interpretation much like all of these movies are; they're interpretations and adaptations that won't always line up with the way things work or have worked in the comic. Again, if you see it differently than that, cool, I'm not going to knock it, You get him on the phone and ask him what he meant and then let me know.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
the shyt came out at the end of the summer in late aug...nothing else was coming out at the time threatening it....where as ant-man is coming out in july, right in the middle of blockbuster season...

There are definitely some big movies coming before Ant-Man in July, but you're acting as if Guardians came out in February instead of Aug. 1. It was still surrounded by Apes, Ninja Turtles, Lucy

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Breh you're killing me lol. I clearly said you feel how you feel, I feel how I feel. Obviously neither one of us re going to have our minds changed. For me, it means this interpretation of the character, not specifically "Scott Lang" or even "Hank Pym" but just this interpretation much like all of these movies are; they're interpretations and adaptations that won't always line up with the way things work or have worked in the comic. Again, if you see it differently than that, cool, I'm not going to knock it, You get him on the phone and ask him what he meant and then let me know.

No need, I quoted him from the article you presented and it seems pretty self-explanatory. He said he 'accommodated him', I agree. You do not. You're basically calling him a liar.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No need, I quoted him from the article you presented and it seems pretty self-explanatory. He said he 'accommodated him', I agree. You do not. You're basically calling him a liar.

No nicca I'm not. I'm saying that what he means by "this version" doesn't mean Scott Lang. That's MY interpretation of what he's saying and you can clearly see in at least one where they made adjustments. No Wasp in Avengers being one of them and any others they've made, I'm not sure as I'm not privy to their plans or previous plans. Now if he said "We made accommodations in order to focus on Scott Lang" then there's no gray area there, there's nothing left to interpretation; but since he didn't, I or you or anyone else can take that to mean whatever we think it means unless you have mind reading powers. Stop :cape: for the man. I told you 3x now, if this is how you feel cool breh, you can cook. I got my opinion, you got mine which seems a lot easier and smarter than to keep going around in circles. It is what it is:whoknows:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No nicca I'm not. I'm saying that what he means by "this version" doesn't mean Scott Lang. That's MY interpretation of what he's saying and you can clearly see in at least one where they made adjustments. No Wasp in Avengers being one of them and any others they've made, I'm not sure as I'm not privy to their plans or previous plans. Now if he said "We made accommodations in order to focus on Scott Lang" then there's no gray area there, there's nothing left to interpretation; but since he didn't, I or you or anyone else can take that to mean whatever we think it means unless you have mind reading powers. Stop :cape: for the man. I told you 3x now, if this is how you feel cool breh, you can cook. I got my opinion, you got mine which seems a lot easier and smarter than to keep going around in circles. It is what it is:whoknows:

I'm caping for him? No, I'm quoting him and there really isn't any room for interpretation if you speak English. Seems you are caping for Edgar Wright, he can never make a bad decision or something.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm caping for him? No, I'm quoting him and there really isn't any room for interpretation if you speak English. Seems you are caping for Edgar Wright, he can never make a bad decision or something.

I clearly said earlier breh that if both parties felt they can't work together then they both shouldn't. I didn't take his side or the studios, I felt they both did the right thing. Wright has made movies I'm not over the moon about and I'm more than positive he had things in his version of this movie that were certainly his own choices that the studio probably couldn't get behind and some of those decisions may not have been right, either for the studio or for the film or for the larger story these movies tell, which is why I said if both parties felt it couldn't work, then move on. But I stand by the statement that if they didn't want Lang, we wouldn't have gotten Lang.

And no breh there is room for interpretation unless he's saying what he means by this version. Dude is great at his job and knows how to market and and knows which words to choose and which words not to choose. Unless he specifies what he means by "this version" which he didn't, there's room for it. So once again, you feel how you feel I feel how I feel, shyt doesn't really matter. My minds not going to change neither is yours breh. so how about we just let these good people actually discuss the film or the trailer cause this going around in circles is pointless right now

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I clearly said earlier breh that if both parties felt they can't work together then they both shouldn't. I didn't take his side or the studios, I felt they both did the right thing. Wright has made movies I'm not over the moon about and I'm more than positive he had things in his version of this movie that were certainly his own choices that the studio probably couldn't get behind and some of those decisions may not have been right, either for the studio or for the film or for the larger story these movies tell, which is why I said if both parties felt it couldn't work, then move on. But I stand by the statement that if they didn't want Lang, we wouldn't have gotten Lang.

And no breh there is room for interpretation unless he's saying what he means by this version. Dude is great at his job and knows how to market and and knows which words to choose and which words not to choose. Unless he specifies what he means by "this version" which he didn't, there's room for it. So once again, you feel how you feel I feel how I feel, shyt doesn't really matter. My minds not going to change neither is yours breh. so how about we just let these good people actually discuss the film or the trailer cause this going around in circles is pointless right now

OK if you want to stop then stop. Unless you need the last word or something?

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are definitely some big movies coming before Ant-Man in July, but you're acting as if Guardians came out in February instead of Aug. 1. It was still surrounded by Apes, Ninja Turtles, Lucy

apes came out a month before, that's not comp....turtles came out the week after, so i give you that comp...and lol at lucy being comp....that movie wasnt comp for gotg....so, besides turtles, gotg came out with nothing to threaten it nor it's chance at having staying power at the theaters, which it ended up having.....now compare that to ant-man coming out in july....there will be comp before, and the comp after kills the chance at staying power....