Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Meh read some more stories breh.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/05/24/is-this-the-end-of-the-marvel-movie-age/

Again, nothing wrong with running your business that way, nothing at all. If it gets results, then it gets results

Let's stay on topic. Straight from Feige’s mouth, it was Edgar’s idea to tell the S. Lang story instead of strictly Pym and Feige accommodated him. Telling a Scott Lang story over Hank Pym is a mistake IMO and Edgar dreamed up the idea. Just because some writer opines Feige runs Marvel with an Iron fist doesn’t make it so. Especially in an article that is seething that Edgar Wright is no longer on the team. This article is in no way objective.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Let's stay on topic. Straight from Feige’s mouth, it was Edgar’s idea to tell the S. Lang story instead of strictly Pym and Feige accommodated him. Telling a Scott Lang story over Hank Pym is a mistake IMO and Edgar dreamed up the idea. Just because some writer opines Feige runs Marvel with an Iron fist doesn’t make it so. Especially in an article that is seething that Edgar Wright is no longer on the team. This article is in no way objective.

Breh again, IF they didn't want Scott Lang then they didn't have to have Scott Lang. They're a multibillion dollar machine that's become just as famous and powerful as their parent company when it comes to movies. They're doing stuff that hasn't been done before in terms of sheer scope for comic book movies and in a way, treating their movies like episodes of a television series. They've taken directors off of projects before and that article isn't about being objective, it's a movie beat writer who's been working in the business for a while telling you what he hears from his sources and he's more often right than wrong. If they didn't want Lang, there would be no Lang. If Feige felt the movie universe needed Pym and that the better story was with Pym then we'd be getting an Ant-Man flick about Hank Pym. He wanted Iron Man 2 to be a commercial for the Avengers and that's what we got. Nothing happens in that company without his blessing breh and if he didn't want Lang years ago, he could've did exactly what he did last year: cut bait, hire someone else to do what he wanted with the characters he wanted.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Breh again, IF they didn't want Scott Lang then they didn't have to have Scott Lang. They're a multibillion dollar machine that's become just as famous and powerful as their parent company when it comes to movies. They're doing stuff that hasn't been done before in terms of sheer scope for comic book movies and in a way, treating their movies like episodes of a television series. They've taken directors off of projects before and that article isn't about being objective, it's a movie beat writer who's been working in the business for a while telling you what he hears from his sources and he's more often right than wrong. If they didn't want Lang, there would be no Lang. If Feige felt the movie universe needed Pym and that the better story was with Pym then we'd be getting an Ant-Man flick about Hank Pym. He wanted Iron Man 2 to be a commercial for the Avengers and that's what we got. Nothing happens in that company without his blessing breh and if he didn't want Lang years ago, he could've did exactly what he did last year: cut bait, hire someone else to do what he wanted with the characters he wanted.
Do you know what the word ‘accommodate’ even means?! If not, Newsflash: multibillion dollar companies can be accommodating.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watched the trailer, and my mind is still the same: will watch this when it comes on tv....dont think ant-man deserves his own movie...think this is marvel feeling themselves a lil too much and it'll lead to their first flop...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
watched the trailer, and my mind is still the same: will watch this when it comes on tv....dont think ant-man deserves his own movie...think this is marvel feeling themselves a lil too much and it'll lead to their first flop...

But that's what people said about the guardians of the galaxy...:sas2:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Do you know what the word ‘accommodate’ even means?! If not, Newsflash: multibillion dollar companies can be accommodating.

Yes accommodating is one thing...I want to strip Tony Stark of his armor for a whole movie and make it more of a detective movie and have a giant bunny with breasts in it. That's accommodating.

We want to make this Captain America movie more of a spy political thriller and not really a comic book romp. That's accommodating.

I want to go with a bit of a different flavor and use 70s music for the soundtrack and allow my protagonists to be a bit more morally ambiguous than what's been presented in your previous movies. That's accommodating.

But going with main characters or a main character you don't want or a story on that main character you don't want and get fully get behind isn't accommodating. If the studio didn't believe in it and didn't believe Scott Lang was the right character for the story they're telling and future stories they're telling, then he wouldn't be in it. I feel what you're saying breh but based on everything I've seen and read, I don't believe he would go with those characters unless he was firmly behind it and if he wanted Hank Pam to be the main attraction, he would be. Don't condescend to me man, I'm not insulting your intelligence so don't insult mine

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But that's what people said about the guardians of the galaxy...:sas2:

cant compare the 2...with gotg they could: sale rocket and groot to kids, tie the movie into the universe with the thanos/gem connection, and they marketed the hell outta it as a fun, space adventure.....plus it came out during the year at a time by itself....how have they done any of that with ant-man?....hank not creating ultron (an avenger tie-in they couldve used), hell hank not even the ant-man they focusing on, and the marketing so far has sucked for this.....the trailer makes this movie come off like a tie-in/add-on more so than a main feature; which this is supposed to be since it's part of phase 3....ex: like elektra was to daredevil.....add on to that the fact it's coming out in the middle of the summer with other blockbusters....they've set this movie up for failure more than they have for it to succeed....it's like they banking on it doing numbers just cause it has marvel stamped on it....we'll see..

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yes accommodating is one thing...I want to strip Tony Stark of his armor for a whole movie and make it more of a detective movie and have a giant bunny with breasts in it. That's accommodating.

We want to make this Captain America movie more of a spy political thriller and not really a comic book romp. That's accommodating.

I want to go with a bit of a different flavor and use 70s music for the soundtrack and allow my protagonists to be a bit more morally ambiguous than what's been presented in your previous movies. That's accommodating.

But going with main characters or a main character you don't want or a story on that main character you don't want and get fully get behind isn't accommodating. If the studio didn't believe in it and didn't believe Scott Lang was the right character for the story they're telling and future stories they're telling, then he wouldn't be in it. I feel what you're saying breh but based on everything I've seen and read, I don't believe he would go with those characters unless he was firmly behind it and if he wanted Hank Pam to be the main attraction, he would be. Don't condescend to me man, I'm not insulting your intelligence so don't insult mine

Kevin Feige himself, the man with the iron fists saying in a quote, "We changed, frankly some of the MCU to accommodate this version of Ant-Man. . ." isn't good enough?
Wow, he's lying just cause or something?! lol

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
cant compare the 2...with gotg they could: sale rocket and groot to kids, tie the movie into the universe with the thanos/gem connection, and they marketed the hell outta it as a fun, space adventure.....plus it came out during the year at a time by itself....how have they done any of that with ant-man?....hank not creating ultron (an avenger tie-in they couldve used), hell hank not even the ant-man they focusing on, and the marketing so far has sucked for this.....the trailer makes this movie come off like a tie-in/add-on more so than a main feature; which this is supposed to be since it's part of phase 3....ex: like elektra was to daredevil.....add on to that the fact it's coming out in the middle of the summer with other blockbusters....they've set this movie up for failure more than they have for it to succeed....it's like they banking on it doing numbers just cause it has marvel stamped on it....we'll see..

Marvel dont make flops, mediocre, sometimes. yes. but it's 50/50 with them.... it could be another guardians or it could be an Iron Man 3.... how it' turns out is anyone's guess....

I was familiar with the GOTG story anyways... ant-man my only concern was that they should have focused on hank pym, lang was after but all things considered, lang for all intents and purposes is a loveable scumbag...

This movie should have some hilarious moments. antman's suit can not only shrink, it can also grow..... :youngsabo:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kevin Feige himself, the man with the iron fists saying in a quote, "We changed, frankly some of the MCU to accommodate this version of Ant-Man. . ." isn't good enough?
Wow, he's lying just cause or something?! lol

Yes breh accommodate I told you I understand the word and what he's saying but when he says "this version" you're assuming he didn't want Lang. You're assuming that he didn't want to tell this story. You're assuming that he means this version of the character and not the movie in itself and also assuming that every thing they're doing is a version of the character anyway. As I said, I get where you're coming from but in my opinion, if he didn't want this version, we wouldn't be getting it and I stand by that. Nothing they've done prior to this has shown me otherwise. You feel how you feel, I feel how I feel so until either one of us gets him in a face to face to ask him exactly how he feels, that's all we have to go on. I believe that a studio as meticulous as this will always make sure something fits in with the grand plan even if that means that you have to take characters out of other movies or change certain origins (Ultron) but it will all have to fit. You believe differently and that's cool but I'm sticking to my guns