Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Er OK, as opposed to DC?
I'm telling you in my opinion it is a worse choice. Hank Pym is contemporaries with Tony Stark not old enough to be his father.
It was mainly Wright's choice, and Marvel let him cook. I guess they shouldn't have and just gotten him off the project a lot sooner.

No breh not as opposed to DC:stopitslime:

The point I'm making is this: In a large corporation with billions of dollars at stake, that large corporation is going to sign off and approve of certain things no matter how much creative freedom they give someone. Wright was working with Feige and Joe Cornish on this for years, meaning if Feige, and by extension Marvel, didn't want to go with Scott Lang, they wouldn't have gone with Scott Lang. If they wanted or needed it to be Hank Pym, then that's the movie you'd be getting this summer.

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Now that I had the night to rest on it I think its not bad but it definitly needed more footage of Lang as Ant-Man. Maybe the cgi wasn't ready

Daps
Reppin
NYC
not the greatest teaser imo. you really don't get that sense of what this character could really do and what makes his powers so cool. it doesn't really make it crystal clear.

i still have faith in the movie though, just think they could have done better with the teaser.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
yo seriously though, the more i think about this, to more i question almost every choice they made. i didn't read the source material, but the idea that this character can shrink and kick people's asses is awesome to me... at no point have i thought "oh sick, he can ride bugs!" and that's what they focused on showing the masses. How do you expect joe schmo to react to that? he's gonna say it's corny. the one brief action shot oh him flipping a guy through the glass looks like a practice take...

the test footage of him running down the hallway was fukkin awesome. they just showed a dusted up version of that and people are amped by this teaser. that was Edgar The God Wright's, but it's not like that type of action isn't gonna be in this movie. they should have showed him shrinking down to run under the door...

did we really need all that character exposition and voiceover? i guess they felt Michael Douglas is too big to not make him the central figure in the trailer?

Conz is kinda mad, homies. he mad. still don't know why i want people to like this one so much with Edgar gone, but man... i hope this forces Marvel to kinda rush out the next trailer. maybe a month from now as opposed to a couple, b/c i still don't believe this represented the finished product of the movie.

the self deprecation is always appreciated though. "... Star lord, man" was the funniest part of the Guardians teaser which was kinda sloppy too, but at least had shots of Groot and Rocket.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
No breh not as opposed to DC:stopitslime:

The point I'm making is this: In a large corporation with billions of dollars at stake, that large corporation is going to sign off and approve of certain things no matter how much creative freedom they give someone. Wright was working with Feige and Joe Cornish on this for years, meaning if Feige, and by extension Marvel, didn't want to go with Scott Lang, they wouldn't have gone with Scott Lang. If they wanted or needed it to be Hank Pym, then that's the movie you'd be getting this summer.

The idea person gets most of the credit/blame not the person who approved or let idea go into fruition. That's just common knowledge. I’ve never heard a movie studio get credit for approving a director’s great artistic choices, like fukkin’ ever.
Warner Bros. did great work on Goodfellas then I guess. lol

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The idea person gets most of the credit/blame not the person who approved or let idea go into fruition. That's just common knowledge. I’ve never heard a movie studio get credit for approving a director’s great artistic choices, like fukkin’ ever.
Warner Bros. did great work on Goodfellas then I guess. lol

So you've never heard of a studio approving of the script? You've never heard of a studio hiring a new writer because they didn't approve of the script? Or sending a script in for rewrites? None of that rings a bell breh? And you still don't know how this particular studio works? When you're telling what is essentially one big story with all of your characters, all those things are signed off by the studio. It's not like Goodfellas where it's a singular story operating in a vacuum; these stories don't operate in a vacuum and every character there is there for a reason and every thing that happens, happens for a reason; everything is interconnected and planned out ahead of time so like I said, if they didn't want it to be Lang, it wouldn't have been Lang. Shield being no more in Cap 2 sets up the new world that the movies operate in now, so that's a decision that the studio is going to sign off on and then move it forward. Any director who's worked on a Marvel movie has attested to that fact breh.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Trailer was a little underwhelming but that might also be becuase I couldn't give a single iota about the Ant-Man character. Marvel's track record however indicates that they shouldn't be doubted by ONE mediocre teaser so I'm willing to give it a shot...

And there has to be another reason that Wright left becuase there is NO WAY he possibly could've thought he was going to make a "standalone" Marvel film of ANY kind when the MAIN draw of these films is their connectivity.....

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Trailer was a little underwhelming but that might also be becuase I couldn't give a single iota about the Ant-Man character. Marvel's track record however indicates that they shouldn't be doubted by ONE mediocre teaser so I'm willing to give it a shot...

And there has to be another reason that Wright left becuase there is NO WAY he possibly could've thought he was going to make a "standalone" Marvel film of ANY kind when the MAIN draw of these films I'd their connectivity.....

Exactly. He's not an idiot and you'd have to be to think that. Something went down

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Teaser was eh but i like paul rudd so the comedy will be there. Marvel def needs to have a mid or end credit scene in A2 or more action in the next trailer to bring me on board but they havent failed in their hype machine yet so we'll see