Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah we're just in disagreement on this one then because with iron man 2, Thor and Thor the dark world in existence there's no way iron man 3 can be the weakest one. And outside of a couple directors(favreau, whedon, and black) marvel has rarely let directors do their own thing and there's no proof how far out the box Edgar was going but if he felt like he couldn't work under those conditions then he did the right thing by stepping aside and marvel did the right thing by letting him go.

I guess it all starts with me not really being all that of an Edgar stan/fan

I thought Scott Pilgrim was meh and all them other movies he did with that one guy that plays in Star Trek were just ok.

If this dude was about to Scott Pilgrim this shyt and make it not fit in the Universe then what would even be the purpose of being on the team and having a Universe. To me it's like your FG kicker all of a sudden like fukk it I'm gonna start running the ball! Gaaaahhhh now I'm rambling.

Pulling me back in, Na IM3 was the weakest. First off, you have Ironman not even bein Ironman for 3/4 of the movie, the dumb swerve of the main villain, his indestructible suits all of a sudden becoming cheaper than plastic, dumb ass fodder villains, and then the angle with Pepper.

It was just a movie they really should've thought a little bit harder about. I don't think there is one pleasantly memorable scene in that movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I guess it all starts with me not really being all that of an Edgar stan/fan

I thought Scott Pilgrim was meh and all them other movies he did with that one guy that plays in Star Trek were just ok.

If this dude was about to Scott Pilgrim this shyt and make it not fit in the Universe then what would even be the purpose of being on the team and having a Universe. To me it's like your FG kicker all of a sudden like fukk it I'm gonna start running the ball! Gaaaahhhh now I'm rambling.

Pulling me back in, Na IM3 was the weakest. First off, you have Ironman not even bein Ironman for 3/4 of the movie, the dumb swerve of the main villain, his indestructible suits all of a sudden becoming cheaper than plastic, dumb ass fodder villains, and then the angle with Pepper.

It was just a movie they really should've thought a little bit harder about. I don't think there is one pleasantly memorable scene in that movie

So you've never seen Shaun of the dead hot fuzz or the worlds end?

And I didn't mind the swerve I actually loved it and him not being in the suit for most of it was a plot point not just some arbitrary thing and it made sense for the character. But if those are your issues with the movie, like I said, we will never agree on that one. It was, to me, a movie firmly about tony stark and him trying to determine who he is without the suit and trying to establish a life outside of it which is what he eventually gets to. And again I thought the swerve was interesting and fun and of course it caught me off guard and I appreciate when a movie surprises me only to make a larger point as to why it surprised me. The idea of propaganda, stoking American fear, fear politics? I love when a comic book flick tackles stuff like that. :whoknows:

And if you want to say dumb ass fodder villains breh you can make a case that most marvel villains minus Loki have been fodder villains. To me, it's not even close to the worst marvel flick. Thor is boring as fukk Thor the dark world is also boring as fukk and has a terrible villain and iron man 2 is just a mess

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
So you've never seen Shaun of the dead hot fuzz or the worlds end?

And I didn't mind the swerve I actually loved it and him not being in the suit for most of it was a plot point not just some arbitrary thing and it made sense for the character. But if those are your issues with the movie, like I said, we will never agree on that one. It was, to me, a movie firmly about tony stark and him trying to determine who he is without the suit and trying to establish a life outside of it which is what he eventually gets to. And again I thought the swerve was interesting and fun and of course it caught me off guard and I appreciate when a movie surprises me only to make a larger point as to why it surprised me. The idea of propaganda, stoking American fear, fear politics? I love when a comic book flick tackles stuff like that. :whoknows:

And if you want to say dumb ass fodder villains breh you can make a case that most marvel villains minus Loki have been fodder villains. To me, it's not even close to the worst marvel flick. Thor is boring as fukk Thor the dark world is also boring as fukk and has a terrible villain and iron man 2 is just a mess

No.... I seen those movies.... Just couldn't remember the names at the time of typing (that probably says a lot). Not saying they were trash..... But as far as British directors or etc..... I like Nolan and Guy Ritchie WAAAAAAAAY much better.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No.... I seen those movies.... Just couldn't remember the names at the time of typing (that probably says a lot). Not saying they were trash..... But as far as British directors or etc..... I like Nolan and Guy Ritchie WAAAAAAAAY much better.

That's cool but all three of them make very different films. I'm not a cheerleader for the guy but he's made three movies I think very highly of and one I like and feel like he would've been a nice change of pace especially for a character and concept this crazy. But I don't know what happened behind closed doors and both sides have their reasons for not working together anymore but I just know once he got off the project I became less interested

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I trust the studio to make the best of a bad situation but uh I think this won't be of the caliber of the last 2 and probably not Avengers 2 which it has to follow. Ant-Man is just in a tough spot. I like Edgar Wright and everything but he saddled this flick with a Scott Lang origin story and not Hank Pym. That kinda sucks.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I trust the studio to make the best of a bad situation but uh I think this won't be of the caliber of the last 2 and probably not Avengers 2 which it has to follow. Ant-Man is just in a tough spot. I like Edgar Wright and everything but he saddled this flick with a Scott Lang origin story and not Hank Pym. That kinda sucks.

Don't get it confused breh: if it's Scott Lang and not hank pym that's a marvel decision. When you're making movies that interlock you're going to have final say on the characters. If marvel didn't want Scott Lang then we wouldn't be getting a Scott Lang movie. And of course it's no coincidence that ant man is getting a brand new comic on Wednesday starring: Scott Lang :sas2:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
That's cool but all three of them make very different films. I'm not a cheerleader for the guy but he's made three movies I think very highly of and one I like and feel like he would've been a nice change of pace especially for a character and concept this crazy. But I don't know what happened behind closed doors and both sides have their reasons for not working together anymore but I just know once he got off the project I became less interested

I feel you and I respect that... I just feel like dude is a little over rated. Again... he doesnt make BAD movies..... but to me his movies arent exactly that blow your mind great. If he and Michael Bay had a movie come out the same weekend.... I'd choose Michael Bay everytime and MB is at this point like :stopitslime: to me

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
yea idgaf who is in the director's chair there is NOTHING and i mean NOTHING anyone could do to make ant man seem cool enough to see his movie in theaters....trailer was decent til they showed the suit and then this dude going small and jumping on a ant :mjlol: why they felt the need to even make this if he has no input on the creation of vision or ultron is just beyond me

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you and I respect that... I just feel like dude is a little over rated. Again... he doesnt make BAD movies..... but to me his movies arent exactly that blow your mind great. If he and Michael Bay had a movie come out the same weekend.... I'd choose Michael Bay everytime and MB is at this point like :stopitslime: to me

That's cool breh. Everything ain't for everybody. And he's definitely an acquired taste. Much like Michael bay

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
yea idgaf who is in the director's chair there is NOTHING and i mean NOTHING anyone could do to make ant man seem cool enough to see his movie in theaters....trailer was decent til they showed the suit and then this dude going small and jumping on a ant :mjlol: why they felt the need to even make this if he has no input on the creation of vision or ultron is just beyond me

You will find out soon when you there watching it:lolbron:

How you like youre theater popcorn? With that white chedder seasoning or ranch:sas2:

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
You will find out soon when you there watching it:lolbron:

How you like youre theater popcorn? With that white chedder seasoning or ranch:sas2:
nah its not happening breh ant man has nvr done anything for me and i was nvr gonna see it from the jump just cuz his character is trash (hank or scott)

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The footage they showed at comic-con would have made for a far better teaser. They should have played up to whatever it is their stealing/the heist aspect or what the suit is used for/how it functions instead of all this "you're special", "you're the one" bs. I'm sure they'll do that it the next one, but I think they should have done it here. It also needed a good money shot.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Movie should have stayed in the bushes

kobe-bryant-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1660.gif

kingdarius

Daps
Reppin
I feel you, felt the same way about Guardians..... even thought the main guy was trash... but then :sas2:
we really comparing an ensemble cast of characters to a single lame :pachaha: if it was just starlord i prolly wouldnt have seen that either....i dont think u quite know how cheap i am tho :heh: trust me im not paying money to see a comic book character i dont give one fuk about