Official Ant-Man Movie Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
If Edgar was still involved I'd really be down but it just looks so formulaic and he was the only reason I was looking forward to it. Like it's been said in here,I'm sure the third act will still have a ship crashing into the planet. Or picnic bench crashing into an ant hill
see you when it drops :sas1:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
see you when it drops :sas1:

Yeah I'll be awaiting your review breh. I'm not seeing it. I'm really going to treat these flicks like comic books now. I buy what I like but I don't need to buy everything. I was never an ant man fan. I'd much rather see a Hawkeye movie.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
im not blown away. i don't think the general public is gonna like that too much... but Paul Rudd is the fukkin best. dude is like the new Tom Hanks... not as talented, but at risk of sounding like a mo, he's a fukkin delight.

teaser needed more Evangeline Lilly spreading her legs and a hint at Yellowjacket. like the self deprecating last line, hated the way Douglas said "Antman." Also hate that i was thinking about the awful Sandman from Spiderman 3 with the whole "save your daugher" angle, but i knew that was the plot already

sun raw

All Star
Daps
I was going to complain that it looked like it was taking itself too seriously (minus those two instances) but it's just a teaser so I'm just assuming that they're saving all the comedy bits for the actual trailer.

I still have absolutely no hope in the director of Bring It On and Yes Man delivering a visually exciting movie, or at least one that's distinct from every other Marvel Studios movie.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I was going to complain that it looked like it was taking itself too seriously (minus those two instances) but it's just a teaser so I'm just assuming that they're saving all the comedy bits for the actual trailer.

I still have absolutely no hope in the director of Bring It On and Yes Man delivering a visually exciting movie, or at least one that's distinct from every other Marvel Studios movie.
yea I been cautiously optimistic since I learned who the new director was...the writing has to be top notch for this to really work; Then again, they gave Matt Reeves a chance with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and we got a winner there...

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm not sure about this one either. Most of the appeal came from Edgar Wright being involved and the fact that an Ant-Man movie does have a lot of potential if done right. But with Wright leaving I fear everything that would make it original has been cut/changed so it will end up like one of Marvel's many other cookie cutter formula movies.

Couldn't have said it better...With Wright, it would have been more edgier, but that may be gone now

Na.... After I read what I read from an actress that basically said he was trynna do his own shyt and make this movie not fit with the Marvel Universe.... I was like fukk that NICCA and good riddance.

Ok maybe he would've made a dope movie, but it he can't play ball what's the point. We all know there would've been mad complaints about "how would this shyt even work." THATS like if they made a 4th movie to The Dark Knight Trilogy and some director was like "fukk it lets just make Clay Man and Solomon Grundy as they are in the comics the villains and see how this goes"

Edgar..... :camby:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Na.... After I read what I read from an actress that basically said he was trynna do his own shyt and make this movie not fit with the Marvel Universe.... I was like fukk that NICCA and good riddance.

Ok maybe he would've made a dope movie, but it he can't play ball what's the point. We all know there would've been mad complaints about "how would this shyt even work." THATS like if they made a 4th movie to The Dark Knight Trilogy and some director was like "fukk it lets just make Clay Man and Solomon Grundy as they are in the comics the villains and see how this goes"

Edgar..... :camby:

I'd argue that because he was trying to go outside of the box that would've made it more interesting. I mean he's the main reason the movie is happening to begin with. He championed it from the start when no one was thinking about it and spent years developing it. You don't hire Edgar wright to do your flick and think it's not going to be an Edgar wright film. There's playing ball and there's playing without your balls. I feel like he didn't want to do the latter so he couldn't do the former

Iron man 3 felt and sounded like a shane black film through and through and fit perfectly in their universe.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'd argue that because he was trying to go outside of the box that would've made it more interesting. I mean he's the main reason the movie is happening to begin with. He championed it from the start when no one was thinking about it and spent years developing it. You don't hire Edgar wright to do your flick and think it's not going to be an Edgar wright film. There's playing ball and there's playing without your balls. I feel like he didn't want to do the latter so he couldn't do the former

Iron man 3 felt and sounded like a shane black film through and through and fit perfectly in their universe.

Nothing wrong with going outside the box.... But sometimes you can go too far.

I'm glad you brought up IM3, Cuz I think dude did and boy that to me was the weakest Marvel movie so far. I was highly disappoint and of all the blu rays that's the only one I dont own

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nothing wrong with going outside the box.... But sometimes you can go too far.

I'm glad you brought up IM3, Cuz I think dude did and boy that to me was the weakest Marvel movie so far. I was highly disappoint and of all the blu rays that's the only one I dont own

Yeah we're just in disagreement on this one then because with iron man 2, Thor and Thor the dark world in existence there's no way iron man 3 can be the weakest one. And outside of a couple directors(favreau, whedon, and black) marvel has rarely let directors do their own thing and there's no proof how far out the box Edgar was going but if he felt like he couldn't work under those conditions then he did the right thing by stepping aside and marvel did the right thing by letting him go.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
yea i watched a few more times... don't think they handled this well. the tone doesn't work. not enough comedy, no focus on the ancillary cast really, the sfx shots were weird. the running looks weird, the shrink flip weird, no fighting in suit... etc

if they planned on doing all that for 2 minutes, they should have went really "teasery" and not had all the voiceover/sappy story points.

still, I've said my peace(piece?) and will see it first week. expect the trailer to be ridiculous.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Im :cape:caping for this movie too hard, but i don't care. Edgar Wright influenced, Paul Rudd starring Marvel movie... I'm gonna be fukkin pissed if it sucks