OFFICIAL "Animal Ambition" Sales: FLOP! Sells 47k first week...91k after 6 weeks

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
This is a cool article. The best part, and most important part, is about how he isolates himself while making music. That in effect is the entire problem. It's not so much that he's blackballed. But when the producer of your music doesn't even know the song came out THATS WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.

But this part of the article is complete trash:

1: hits these days aren't made out of purely narrative songs....
2: 50 is the only rapper that we know who actually had legit clout on his own. Everything in his music has been a piece of himself. These other rappers come off artistic cause they are flat out fantasizing in their raps.

This is such a dumb point to make. We have an entire 50 quotes thread that shows you how crazy this nikka really is.

What rapper is rapping "about" things? Kanye and J.Cole are the only popular rappers who make their story the central focus of their rhymes.

This is again is so dumb. The nikka just spit in a rhyme "I got a call that Yay smacked a kid, Jimmie got jail for life, I said go smack him again." Lol that is literally touching on the life and thoughts angle.

50 doesn't rap about smoking weed or make weed songs....he loses a huge demographic there
50 doesn't make drill music
50 doesn't make trap music
50 doesn't make atl club music
50 doesn't make music for the west coast...in other words his career is not attached to mustard

50's sound is not made for 2014. It's as simple as that. You know how we laugh and say French Montana might as well be a southern rapper? You know how we laughed when ASAP Mob came out on some Texas shyt but they were from Harlem? It's because *drumroll* that's the sound that attracts the largest audience. But look at what happened when GUnit stole Drakes 0-100. Same type of lyrics that they've been spitting. Different type of response.

50 became victor in 2004 by being the Anti-Ja & Anti-Dipset. It's as simple as that.

Kanye became the victor by being the Anti-50/gangster rapper.

People wanted an Anti-Wayne/T pain. Jay launched his comeback pretending to be that.

People wanted an Anti-Drake. The love for Kendrick post Swimming Pools is that.

This ascension to #1 in rap has nothing to do with spitting life, thoughts or career. It has everything to do with being the Anti-*enter wave*
i read the first couple lines and knew u was a dikkrider

its hella artist who get beats from nikkaz and dont use em to years later

cash money do it all the time
go back and make a better post

Daps
This is a cool article. The best part, and most important part, is about how he isolates himself while making music. That in effect is the entire problem. It's not so much that he's blackballed. But when the producer of your music doesn't even know the song came out THATS WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.
hold on.. what.. :mjlol:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
i read the first couple lines and knew u was a dikkrider

its hella artist who get beats from nikkaz and dont use em to years later

cash money do it all the time
go back and make a better post

ur dumb

ur so fukkn dumb

my point wasn't that ppl don't do that....my point was that producers shouldn't be SURPRISED about their music coming out

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
flow old. beats average. never was a lyricist. got on late, so he's really old in the rap cycle of life. offended almost everyone established, then never aligned himself with young talent.

i could go on and on, but the skinny is this flop was a decade in the making.

b_roll_ya

Banned
Daps
ur dumb

ur so fukkn dumb

my point wasn't that ppl don't do that....my point was that producers shouldn't be SURPRISED about their music coming out
right
wat a good way to switch it up

tumblr_n5nj3fzVa11tbmi9ho1_400.gif

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
hold on.. what.. :mjlol:

From the article linked in this thread:

In XXL’s recent “Making Of” feature on Animal Ambition, producer after producer expresses polite surprise that their track got picked at all.

“The beat I had given to 50 was made around 2008; I had completely forgotten about it.” says Charli Brown Beatz (“Don’t Worry ’Bout It”).

“I wasn’t in the studio with him when he recorded ‘Hold On,’” says Frank Dukes. “It was a surprise to me, when I heard it eight or nine months ago.”

“I didn’t get to meet him,” admits Shamtrax (“Pilot”). “Normally the way I work with people, I’m in the studio with them or I get a chance to sit in at least during the mix portion or whatever, but in this situation I didn’t get to meet 50 at all.”

:heh: