OFFICIAL "Animal Ambition" Sales: FLOP! Sells 47k first week...91k after 6 weeks

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
The reunion shouldve came maybe a week earlier because it would've helped big time

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
I don't know or can't speak for alot of these newbie G-Unit fans but I've been a fan of 50 going back to where I owned Power of the Dollar(The Maxi singles with How to Rob, Thug Love, Heat wave, Your Life on the Line and Hustler) I've always rooted for him to win and respected how he grinded from being blackballed, shot up, to emerging into a sensation. The music he put out reflected that struggle to the top and he sounded so hungry, ferocious and ambitious.

But somewhere down the line dude got distracted, He became too Hollywood, He became too Corporate, Very Arrogant, and even bragged about voting for Bush(Which rubbed many the wrong way). The Massacre was still a great album to me and I love it to this day but in between reading nikkas soundscans over the air and basically denouncing the artform in favor of Obsession with First Week sales rubbed me the wrong way and I wasn't feeling the fact that 50 was basically admitting to selling out.

Then he dropped this album

50Cent_Curtis.jpg

This album right here was what marked 50's fate. He clearly showed he didn't give a damn about his fans who supported him from the jump(The streets) He basically jumped on every Pop trend there was(Amusement Park, Ayo Technology, Follow my Lead) and admitted to the masses that he did 700,000 off a "dud" I was like damn you basically called your fans stupid for buying a weak ass album.

So he deserves to be takened through the wringer. I'll still support the dude as long as he puts out good music, I liked A.A. and felt it was his best album in yeasrs. I don't care or let sales dictate my musical taste but considering 50 spent a bulk of his career clowning people's numbers. I'm not too upset that this is happening

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
asap ferg sold more than 50 lol

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I wasnt clowning bitcoin.. im very interested in the concept. I said Nas winning cuz he heavily invested in bitcoin

I just looked up a Youtube video, and the concept seems pretty cool, assuming it takes off.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yo on the low...Lloyd Banks last album sold more first week and it was severely undershipped. Banks has a better chance at making any kind of impact then 50 imo and even though im glad the units back together Banks could prob do better on his own at this point.

Still its hard to feel bad for 50 because if Mariah Carey cant crack 60,000 then 50s numbers aren't that shocking.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
yo on the low...Lloyd Banks last album sold more first week and it was severely undershipped. Banks has a better chance at making any kind of impact then 50 imo and even though im glad the units back together Banks could prob do better on his own at this point.

Still its hard to feel bad for 50 because if Mariah Carey cant crack 60,000 then 50s numbers aren't that shocking.
Mariah did not have the album cycle that 50 had

• Dap
Reactions: MiC

swerve

All Star
Daps
Exactly. She didn't have huge tv performances or throw shytty pitches or go on 500 radio stations for interviews. The promo difference was extreme. 50 spents tons of $$$$
I've been seing Mariah promo everywhere except on thecoli :heh:

Daps

yup..

hold on.. Mariah Carey dropped an album..? :dahell: